• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
Hmm...not sure what the video could be. if its an HD video on youtube (i.e. 720p or 1080p), not only is it going to go slow, its trying to push that resolution onto a small screen. I don't use my hackintosh much anymore, but I remember that I could watch videos with no real problems.

As for Front Row, what is the specific problem?

Marugby123
InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

Retsckor

Retsckor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I was able to fix it. seems that it was an Appleframebuffer.kext problem. i loaded my backup Kext, now i am good to go.

I have another question regarding the trackpad. is there a way to make 2 finger scrolling work? and other functions of an apple track pad? my trackpad is working but only as a normal mouse...

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
If you installed the ps2 kext file, two finger scrolling should work off the bat, at least it did for me. Try looking under system preferences under the trackpad and seeing if that helps.

Marugby123

Retsckor

Retsckor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi

thank you for the quick response! i was able to make my 2 finger scrolling work.. i forgot to copy the 2 ps2 kexts into the extensions folder... i was also wondering if you knew any program that would allow reverse scolling? like how it is in Lion... would you know of any program that would allow natural scrolling? (the type where you can just flick the trackpad and it would move either up or down? or inertia scrolling?)

Since the wifi chip of this notebook is not fully functioning, especially when reception it receives is b/n/g will it be possible for me to install a new driver for the usb wifi dongle i purchased? it has a railink driver... will i have to uninstall the WIFI kext that came with your package, before i actually install the new kext? or can i just go ahead and install?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
1) I don't know about a natural-scrolling program.
2) You can buy a usb dongle. I did before the wifi kext didn't work. Any mac-compatible one will work. You do not need to remove the wifi kext.

Marugby123

Retsckor

Retsckor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
ok will try to insall the usb dongle later... regarding battery life, how long do you normally get? i have the 6 cell battery life that is supposed to give me around 8-10 hours of battery life. i dont even get 5! what could i do to make the battery last longer? or is osx really eating that much power?

Retsckor

Retsckor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Marugby, thank you for all you help! i was able to get everything working.

1 last question regarding backup.. i have tried using carbon copy cloner to back up my 160gig internal hard drive.. formatted with GUID partition table and used the temporarily archive modified and deleted items from the carbon copy cloner options.... however when i tried booting from my external, it won't boot... what program would you suggest i use to back up my hard drive incase something goes wrong?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
honestly, I don't know much about backing up hackintosh computers. I never used time machine or carbon copy or anything. The best thing to do is, before you install any programs that are suspicious or system updates or anything, backup your docs and important stuff. That way you always have it.

Marugby123

michael.su

michael.su

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Marugby, thank you for all you help! i was able to get everything working.

1 last question regarding backup.. i have tried using carbon copy cloner to back up my 160gig internal hard drive.. formatted with GUID partition table and used the temporarily archive modified and deleted items from the carbon copy cloner options.... however when i tried booting from my external, it won't boot... what program would you suggest i use to back up my hard drive incase something goes wrong?

I use Time Machine on both of my Hackintoshes. 1 netbook and 1 desktop. restoring worked fine on both with no major glitches. Time machine will not restore you're boot loader so you will have to reinstall Chameleon or whatever you use after the first boot.

There are instructions on the net how to add an install disc image to your time machine backup drive so that you can both, boot and run Time machine and access your TM backup on the same drive. If you can't find them let me know and i'll take a look :-)

you can also access all of your files manually in a TM backup if you just want to snag data. Good Luck!

Retsckor

Retsckor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I finally have everything working except ILife. Has anyone encountered this problem? After I click the install button a get an install error.. Does this have something to do with screen resolution? Is there any way I can install iLife? I tried install iLife 2011.. Should i use an earlier version?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
iLife will not install from the installer file. I never got it working like that. You have to use Pacifist and extract out the pkg files for each of the programs and install them that way.

Marugby123

tonealone

tonealone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

I've had a 1005ha running for about a year, however I recently screwed up the system and now I'm trying to re-install. I've prepped my usb drive but when I select it, after hitting the "esc" key, I get a blank screen with a blinking cursor…. any thoughts?

Anthony

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
You are not holding the ESC key early enough. To ensure that you are doing it properly, hold the ESC key before you hit the power button. Also, if that doesn't work, go in the BIOS and change the boot sequence to have your flash drive first.

Marugby123

ZaaBI_AlonSo

ZaaBI_AlonSo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
i can't make touchpad work with multitouch and two fingers scroll. anything else works like charm!

Retsckor

Retsckor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi again..

i Purchased a tp link dongle that has a railing chip... i installed the newest drivers from the Railink website, and tried the drivers that came with the usb dongle as well.. i have a problem... after installing the drivers, the card would work fine for a while... when i reboot, every time i plug the dongle in, the railing wireless utility will come up for 2 seconds, then close again... i am not anymore able to connect or reach the railing utility... it somehow crashes... any suggestions??

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
That is a hard one. We need more details. What is the model of the dongle? We need to know that in order to diagnose the problems that are occurring.

Marugby123

EpiV1988

EpiV1988

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Flash doesn't work.

I downloaded flash 11.1 and 11.3 and neither work. :/ anyone had the same issues? I'm on 10.6.3 since I don't want to crash anything or deal with overheating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy