• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
i updated to 10.6.8 which broke it. everything but the graphics appears fine. i think we may need a new gma kext.

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
yeah! check that out. 100% working macbook again.
Posted Image
back up your IO80211Family.kext
http://www.kexts.com...ler-10-6-8.html <- new kernel and sleep
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1710535 <- new graphics kexts.

ghettogeek

ghettogeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Does anybody know how to fix this.

I have Snow leopard working perfectly on 1005ha I installed using Iatkos S3 via USB.

The only problem I now have is when i plug in a VGA lead the screen turns white and I have to restart the laptop to use it again.

If i plug in the VGA cable then switch on I see the apple logo on both screens and then they both go white and I have to restart to continue.

I have reinstalled the GMA950 and the framebuffer kext a number of times and still the issue persists.

Is there a solution I am overlooking because as far as i can see this is a feature that should be working and it's driving me bonkers.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

Does anybody know how to fix this.

I have Snow leopard working perfectly on 1005ha I installed using Iatkos S3 via USB.

The only problem I now have is when i plug in a VGA lead the screen turns white and I have to restart the laptop to use it again.

If i plug in the VGA cable then switch on I see the apple logo on both screens and then they both go white and I have to restart to continue.

I have reinstalled the GMA950 and the framebuffer kext a number of times and still the issue persists.

Is there a solution I am overlooking because as far as i can see this is a feature that should be working and it's driving me bonkers.

Hello Ghettogeek,
Have you tried a different VGA cable by chance? I don't have my netbook on me because I lent it out to a friend to use as they travel, so I can't test this myself. But I would recommend trying a different cable. A white screen is a clear indicator of a faulty cable usually, kind of like how you see pink dots with a faulty HDMI cable. I would try swapping the cable and then see from there.

Marugby123
1005HAB Guide Maker

ghettogeek

ghettogeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
WOW!!!

It really was that simple.....

Thank you very much - Now must work out how to make mirror mode work as getting funny lines and squares...

But i'm sure there's a way round that....

Thanks very very much!!!

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
ok, when i said 100%, maybe i meant 99%... ish. backlight doesnt turn on after waking from sleep and the app store doesnt work.

Karmannsport

Karmannsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey,
Any info on how to dual boot windows 7 after installing using your method. I followed your guide and it worked perfectly! (thanks for that...my mac book pro fiancee is jealous ;) ) Just looking to dual boot windows for a few applications that need to run in windows. I installed Windows 7 on a 2nd partition and it installed just fine and I was able to load into windows but tried reapplying myhack installer so it would load chameleon but now I just get a white flashing dash when I try booting off the hd. Any ideas how to do this or a guide that would point me int he right direction would be greatly appriciated!

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Hey,
Any info on how to dual boot windows 7 after installing using your method. I followed your guide and it worked perfectly! (thanks for that...my mac book pro fiancee is jealous :) ) Just looking to dual boot windows for a few applications that need to run in windows. I installed Windows 7 on a 2nd partition and it installed just fine and I was able to load into windows but tried reapplying myhack installer so it would load chameleon but now I just get a white flashing dash when I try booting off the hd. Any ideas how to do this or a guide that would point me int he right direction would be greatly appriciated!

Unfortunately dual booting makes things quite difficult. For the most part, windows has to be installed prior to installing OS X in order for the dual boot to work. My recommendation would be to (if its not too much trouble) reinstall windows, wipe out OS X, and then reinstall OS X via my guide. That would be the easiest and most pain-free process to do it.

Marugby123
Asus Netbook Moderator

Karmannsport

Karmannsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Unfortunately dual booting makes things quite difficult. For the most part, windows has to be installed prior to installing OS X in order for the dual boot to work. My recommendation would be to (if its not too much trouble) reinstall windows, wipe out OS X, and then reinstall OS X via my guide. That would be the easiest and most pain-free process to do it.

Marugby123
Asus Netbook Moderator

I went ahead and tried this last night before reading this and it 100% works. Load up myhack installer and create 2 partitions, 1 windows and 1 mac. Exit installer. Boot off of windows install USB. Format windows partition and install windows as normal. Once done boot off of mac installer and install via your method following your guide and it works perfect. Once done your able to select your boot OS via Chameleon.

:P to you!

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

I went ahead and tried this last night before reading this and it 100% works. Load up myhack installer and create 2 partitions, 1 windows and 1 mac. Exit installer. Boot off of windows install USB. Format windows partition and install windows as normal. Once done boot off of mac installer and install via your method following your guide and it works perfect. Once done your able to select your boot OS via Chameleon.

:P to you!

Thought that would work. Any time you want to dual boot or triple boot, you should always have the other OS's installed first, then install OS X. Glad it worked for you :)

Marugby123
Asus Netbook Moderator

winlog

winlog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I decide to buy Asus Eee PC 1005HAB for Snow Leo/Lion will run on it.

I have 1 question: does camera work normal (recognize by FaceTime and Skype)?

Tnx a lot

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I decide to buy Asus Eee PC 1005HAB for Snow Leo/Lion will run on it.

I have 1 question: does camera work normal (recognize by FaceTime and Skype)?

Tnx a lot

lion probably won't work for starters(it is 64-bit, which N2XX Atom does not support)
you will have to move dock to the side or enable hiding because osx isn't meant to go under 1024*768(eee's only have 600 down) so some apps wil go "below" the dock and bottom edge of display.
you need to update to 2gb ram to get true smooth performance(and have battery meter working)

camera works EVEN with VESA graphics - software acceleration (but in slideshow lol), it's recognized as USB camera.

if you have no problem with first few "fails", you'll probably get rid of any other OS on your drive:P

winlog

winlog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

lion probably won't work for starters(it is 64-bit, which N2XX Atom does not support)
you will have to move dock to the side or enable hiding because osx isn't meant to go under 1024*768(eee's only have 600 down) so some apps wil go "below" the dock and bottom edge of display.
you need to update to 2gb ram to get true smooth performance(and have battery meter working)

camera works EVEN with VESA graphics - software acceleration (but in slideshow lol), it's recognized as USB camera.

if you have no problem with first few "fails", you'll probably get rid of any other OS on your drive:P

Mate, I don't ask about your opinion. I'm tech. I know exactly what I need when I buy some device.

I have asked only about Lion and webcam.

2 gb RAM will have updated just after netbook will been bought.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Please remove the attitude towards other members. Lion eventually WILL be on hackintosh, and I'm in the process of writing the guide. It will take some time and some heavy modification. Everyone said snow leopard wouldn't ever go on netbooks after 10.6.2, and it is. And everyone said the internal atheros wifi card would never work, but it does. Don't make accusations and assumptions before you know 100% that it will never work, which even then, it can be proven wrong.

Marugby123
Asus Netbook Moderator

winlog

winlog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Please remove the attitude towards other members. Lion eventually WILL be on hackintosh, and I'm in the process of writing the guide. It will take some time and some heavy modification. Everyone said snow leopard wouldn't ever go on netbooks after 10.6.2, and it is. And everyone said the internal atheros wifi card would never work, but it does. Don't make accusations and assumptions before you know 100% that it will never work, which even then, it can be proven wrong.

Marugby123
Asus Netbook Moderator

I'm using Lion on PC without any troubles. And I'm sure that it will be at netbooks. But, mate not sure)

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Mate, I don't ask about your opinion. I'm tech. I know exactly what I need when I buy some device.

I have asked only about Lion and webcam.

2 gb RAM will have updated just after netbook will been bought.

I am sorry for my post. But i think i put down everything you asked, being long-time user of this baby. I did not know who you are, so i put it so it works for newbs and (not so much i guess)techies.

I wish you enjoy netbook if you buy it - maybe marugby123 will cook up 1.7 for you(and apple break with every single update).

Best regards!

Yonderboy701

Yonderboy701

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

UPDATE: NOW UPDATE TO 10.6.7! http://bit.ly/dX5ZPy

Hey everyone, recently bought used Asus 1005HAB which had been pre-upgraded to 2GB, and I've now successfully installed Snow Leopard and upgraded forward to 10.6.7 following Marugby123's excellent guide (thanks so much for all the time you put into this). However I'm still suffering problems related to networking.

Please forgive me if I seem like a bit of a newb... this is my first hackintosh, and I'm rather inexperienced with MacOS (one of the reasons that I'm doing this). I am an IT professional with a more solid Windows and Linux background myself.

I got as far as the upgrade to 10.6.4, at which point I expected to see network functionality without problem - both wired and wireless. However I noticed two problems manifesting... firstly, the wired connection seemed unreliable when it came to detecting a connection state on the ethernet cable, and it failed to grab a DHCP address (instead just using a 169.x.x.x based privately-assigned address). The wireless connection seemed able to scan for local wireless networks, and was able to make a connection to my home network, however it also seemed incapable of grabbing a DHCP address as well, also reverting to a 169.x.x.x address.

Given that I was transferring files and combo update packs over to the netbook via USB drive, I didn't really worry about this at the time, since I had 3 more upgrades to do before I reached 10.6.7 which seems the safe point to stop with Snow Leopard at the moment.

Along the way, I was dutifully backing up and recopying the appropriate kexts... AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, then later IO80211Family.kext, and finally SleepEnabler.kext.

However, by the time I reached completed the 10.6.7 the network problems persisted. Video/display performance seems fine, the netbook sleeps properly, brightness controls work and battery is fine, and I don't even seem to see any of the overheating issues that used to get talked about... but I by the time that update was complete, the behaviour of both the wired connection was unchanged, and wireless seemed now not to be able to even detect any wireless networks when it scans.

Since everything else is working just fine... is there an appropriate kext or pair of kexts that I can just drop in place and then run pfix for all my network issues to be resolved?

*Update* - After some sniffing around, I found a link to a "AtherosL1cEthernet.kext" file that sounded like it could work for 10.6.7. I dropped it in, ran pfix, and low and behold my wired ethernet is fine now (I'm typing over it at the moment)... but alas, the wireless problem still eludes me.

Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers!

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Hey everyone, recently bought used Asus 1005HAB which had been pre-upgraded to 2GB, and I've now successfully installed Snow Leopard and upgraded forward to 10.6.7 following Marugby123's excellent guide (thanks so much for all the time you put into this). However I'm still suffering problems related to networking.

Please forgive me if I seem like a bit of a newb... this is my first hackintosh, and I'm rather inexperienced with MacOS (one of the reasons that I'm doing this). I am an IT professional with a more solid Windows and Linux background myself.

I got as far as the upgrade to 10.6.4, at which point I expected to see network functionality without problem - both wired and wireless. However I noticed two problems manifesting... firstly, the wired connection seemed unreliable when it came to detecting a connection state on the ethernet cable, and it failed to grab a DHCP address (instead just using a 169.x.x.x based privately-assigned address). The wireless connection seemed able to scan for local wireless networks, and was able to make a connection to my home network, however it also seemed incapable of grabbing a DHCP address as well, also reverting to a 169.x.x.x address.

Given that I was transferring files and combo update packs over to the netbook via USB drive, I didn't really worry about this at the time, since I had 3 more upgrades to do before I reached 10.6.7 which seems the safe point to stop with Snow Leopard at the moment.

Along the way, I was dutifully backing up and recopying the appropriate kexts... AppleIntelGMA950.kext and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, then later IO80211Family.kext, and finally SleepEnabler.kext.

However, by the time I reached completed the 10.6.7 the network problems persisted. Video/display performance seems fine, the netbook sleeps properly, brightness controls work and battery is fine, and I don't even seem to see any of the overheating issues that used to get talked about... but I by the time that update was complete, the behaviour of both the wired connection was unchanged, and wireless seemed now not to be able to even detect any wireless networks when it scans.

Since everything else is working just fine... is there an appropriate kext or pair of kexts that I can just drop in place and then run pfix for all my network issues to be resolved?

*Update* - After some sniffing around, I found a link to a "AtherosL1cEthernet.kext" file that sounded like it could work for 10.6.7. I dropped it in, ran pfix, and low and behold my wired ethernet is fine now (I'm typing over it at the moment)... but alas, the wireless problem still eludes me.

Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers!

Thank you for your kind words on my guide. I truly appreciate it.

As far as the wireless goes, the internal atheros card is supposed to be able to pickup the wireless signal from networks in the area. However, there is a problem in the kext (mainly from the card, not the driver itself) where it will really only connect to certain networks. If you can set your router to emit a/b/g signal instead of a/b/g/n signal, that should fix the problem. I understand the major limitations that a G-signal has, but that seems to be the only fix that will ever happen for this card. If you could try doing that and report back the results, that would help me out in determining the problem you are having, if it's what I think it is or not.

Marugby123
Asus Netbook Moderator

Shane369

Shane369

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the guide! The 1005HAB makes for a great hackintosh IMO. What would be the correct process of upgrading Chameleon?? Everything I have read seems to indicate that RC5 is more Windows friendly. I plan on dual booting mine, so I think upgrading Chameleon would help possibly. Is there any known issues that upgrading to RC 5 would cause??

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Thanks for the guide! The 1005HAB makes for a great hackintosh IMO. What would be the correct process of upgrading Chameleon?? Everything I have read seems to indicate that RC5 is more Windows friendly. I plan on dual booting mine, so I think upgrading Chameleon would help possibly. Is there any known issues that upgrading to RC 5 would cause??

I don't know about upgrading chameleon. If you do a clean install, you can just make the USB key have the newest version, although I'm not sure if it will work or not. Honestly, I don't know if it will cause compatibility issues or not.

Marugby123
Asus Netbook Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy