• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

10.6.7 is out. im waiting for a pkg of the legacy kernel. im wondering if wifi and video will still work too after.

I am currently in the process of figuring out the correct procedure to update to 10.6.7. It's going to take me a few tries to get this in "release" form. I have been able to update, but I want to make sure the procedure is flawless (like the rest of the guide) before release. There is no "advantage" to updating to this version yet, thus why I am taking my time to make sure it works properly.

Marugby123

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
well, theres always an advantage to somebody, thats why the update is there.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

well, theres always an advantage to somebody, thats why the update is there.

- Improve the reliability of Back to My Mac
- Resolve an issue when transferring files to certain SMB servers
- Address various minor Mac App Store bugs

Those are the major things in the update to 10.6.7. In hackintosh, the key is to wait until a flawless update guide is put together so you don't ruin/lose your install.

Marugby123

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
legacy kernel and stuff was just released for 10.6.7.

http://support.apple...Combo10.6.7.dmg <- 10.6.7

http://dl.nawcom.com...-10.7.0.pkg.zip <- easy pkg installer

http://dl.nawcom.com...rnel.10.7.0.bz2 <- harder terminal method previously used in this guide

http://dl.nawcom.com...kext.10.6.7.zip <- the sleepenabler kext

im assuming intel video and the wireless kext will need back ups, im not sure what else so im going to back up my entire extensions folder and reinstall whatever i will need.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

legacy kernel and stuff was just released for 10.6.7.

http://support.apple...Combo10.6.7.dmg <- 10.6.7

http://dl.nawcom.com...-10.7.0.pkg.zip <- easy pkg installer

http://dl.nawcom.com...rnel.10.7.0.bz2 <- harder terminal method previously used in this guide

http://dl.nawcom.com...kext.10.6.7.zip <- the sleepenabler kext

im assuming intel video and the wireless kext will need back ups, im not sure what else so im going to back up my entire extensions folder and reinstall whatever i will need.

I am aware. I have been working on my guide and am about to update it. I am aware of when the new legacy kernels and updates come out. I need time, AGAIN, to perfect my guide so no one loses their installations.

Marugby123

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
well that sounded grumpy. i just saw the legacy kernel release and was excited. i see you updated your guide. what do you have against updating the kernel by pkg rather than through terminal? its easier, its just putting in all the same commands you would for you.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

well that sounded grumpy. i just saw the legacy kernel release and was excited. i see you updated your guide. what do you have against updating the kernel by pkg rather than through terminal? its easier, its just putting in all the same commands you would for you.

I don't approve of it because if you are used the code-line method (like me) then its easier. Also the fact that if you screw up, you need to boot through the install usb and do the exact same thing (the package wouldn't be able to install if you screwed up. You would need to reinstall everything.

Marugby123

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

After trying to reinstall the kexts after upgrading to 10.6.5, I have lost the functionality of my USB, but only as far as external drives is concerned. Any suggestions? I am reinstalling the 10.6.5 upgrade to try to get it working again, but so far nothing is working.

Replace the IOUSB kexts (two of them - IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext) with the equivalent ones from 10.6.0 and pfix or kextutility to set file and disk permissions.

That's it.

Cheers,
Andy

Ioan Popovici

Ioan Popovici

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I'm running 10.6.7 on a 1005HAB and I have a problem with the Wired LAN Card.
I've installed AttansicL1eEthernet.kext on my EFI partition and the Wired Card is getting a MAC Address, i'm getting cable connect/disconnect feedback, It's not receiving a DHCP address, I'm putting a static IP and can only ping localhost For everything else i get ping timeout and no route to host...

Everything else (wifi, audio, battery meter, graphics, sleep) works fine (except the volume hotkeys)

This are my kext installed on the efi patition:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppelACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AsusHotkeys.kext (does not work for me)
AttansicL1eEthernet.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IO80211Family.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext (audio dependecy)
IOGraphicsFamily.kext (graphics depency)
IOHIDFamily.kext (Asus hotkeys dependecy)
IONDRVSupport.kext (graphics dependency)
IONetworkingFamily.kext (network dependency)
IOUSBFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OSvKernDSPLib.kext (audio dependency)
PaltformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

If someone has a clue please post here

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi, I'm running 10.6.7 on a 1005HAB and I have a problem with the Wired LAN Card.
I've installed AttansicL1eEthernet.kext on my EFI partition and the Wired Card is getting a MAC Address, i'm getting cable connect/disconnect feedback, It's not receiving a DHCP address, I'm putting a static IP and can only ping localhost For everything else i get ping timeout and no route to host...

Everything else (wifi, audio, battery meter, graphics, sleep) works fine (except the volume hotkeys)

This are my kext installed on the efi patition:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppelACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AsusHotkeys.kext (does not work for me)
AttansicL1eEthernet.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IO80211Family.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext (audio dependecy)
IOGraphicsFamily.kext (graphics depency)
IOHIDFamily.kext (Asus hotkeys dependecy)
IONDRVSupport.kext (graphics dependency)
IONetworkingFamily.kext (network dependency)
IOUSBFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OSvKernDSPLib.kext (audio dependency)
PaltformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

If someone has a clue please post here

Replace the Attansic 1e ethernet kext with reader02's AtherosL1cEthernet.kext. Get Spark keymapper and remap your volume up/down keys to system volume up/down.

All will be golden. :(

HTH.

Cheers,
Andy.

Ioan Popovici

Ioan Popovici

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Replace the Attansic 1e ethernet kext with reader02's AtherosL1cEthernet.kext. Get Spark keymapper and remap your volume up/down keys to system volume up/down.

All will be golden. ;)

HTH.

Cheers,
Andy.

Hi Andy,

I've downloaded the lastest version build_i386_10.5_20100426.zip, and it's not working, it's the same (I get connect disconect messages and have assigned a MAC address). Maybe it needs a 10.6.6 or 6.5 IONetworkingFamily.kext... I'll try it and post my results here.

The spark keymapper is nice i have volume keys now.

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi Andy,

I've downloaded the lastest version build_i386_10.5_20100426.zip, and it's not working, it's the same (I get connect disconect messages and have assigned a MAC address). Maybe it needs a 10.6.6 or 6.5 IONetworkingFamily.kext... I'll try it and post my results here.

The spark keymapper is nice i have volume keys now.

Yo Ioan...

Try this version... I believe it's the one I used.

Attached File  build_x64_20100424_b.zip   157.07KB   24 downloads

Cheers,
Andy.

Ioan Popovici

Ioan Popovici

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Yo Ioan...

Try this version... I believe it's the one I used.

Attached File  build_x64_20100424_b.zip   157.07KB   24 downloads

Cheers,
Andy.

Thank's I'll try it out. :wacko:

http://cl.ly/66wd
This is a script for spark that I modified for toggling the airport on or off, if anyone is interested...
Remember to edit the script and in put in your username and password, then save it as an app and record a shortcut for it in spark.
You can hide the dock icon with dockless if you want.

pancho 4

pancho 4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys i have read this forum extensively and used it to intall SL all the wat to 10.6.6 in my eeepc 1005hab, so far almost everything works flawlessly even the ethernet wich I fixed with the recently posted ktex. I already ordered a 2gb stick and will be putting it in as soon as a get it. I do have a problem:

I can't control the brightness of my screen and it is kind of dim. There is not even a slider bar in the display properties of the System Preferences. I've re-installed both appleGMA950.ketx and appleintelintegratedframebuffer.ktex and ran pfix. but still nothing. I even updated my bios to the latest version and it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Hi guys i have read this forum extensively and used it to intall SL all the wat to 10.6.6 in my eeepc 1005hab, so far almost everything works flawlessly even the ethernet wich I fixed with the recently posted ktex. I already ordered a 2gb stick and will be putting it in as soon as a get it. I do have a problem:

I can't control the brightness of my screen and it is kind of dim. There is not even a slider bar in the display properties of the System Preferences. I've re-installed both appleGMA950.ketx and appleintelintegratedframebuffer.ktex and ran pfix. but still nothing. I even updated my bios to the latest version and it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Are you using the FN-F# keys to adjust the brightness? If those don't work, then it could be just a flaw in the install. Sometimes you can find that random things won't work on one install attempt, but will be fine in the next install attempt. Try copying the graphics kexts again and run my pfix command and see if that does it. If not, the only solution is to adjust your brightness while you're on the Chameleon bootloader, before you boot into OS X. Once you adjust and boot into Mac, your brightness level you adjusted to will stay the same while in OS X.

Marugby123

pancho 4

pancho 4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Are you using the FN-F# keys to adjust the brightness? If those don't work, then it could be just a flaw in the install. Sometimes you can find that random things won't work on one install attempt, but will be fine in the next install attempt. Try copying the graphics kexts again and run my pfix command and see if that does it. If not, the only solution is to adjust your brightness while you're on the Chameleon bootloader, before you boot into OS X. Once you adjust and boot into Mac, your brightness level you adjusted to will stay the same while in OS X.

Marugby123

Yes I am using the FN-F5 or 6 to change the brightness. I didn't know I could change it in the loader. I tried it and it worked well I guess i'll just have to conform with that.

Thank you very much for your help

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Yes I am using the FN-F5 or 6 to change the brightness. I didn't know I could change it in the loader. I tried it and it worked well I guess i'll just have to conform with that.

Thank you very much for your help

No problem. I would also see if running pfix helps in any way. If not, then you can just do what you're now doing. If you have any further questions, feel free to post or message me ;)

Marugby123

pancho 4

pancho 4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

No problem. I would also see if running pfix helps in any way. If not, then you can just do what you're now doing. If you have any further questions, feel free to post or message me :(

Marugby123

Got the brightness working, i upgraded my memory to 2 gb and it started working. Thanks

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
As per Marugby's request, I'm posting this here

So, the other day I had FiOS installed, and I managed to get my Airport Extreme up and running on my network (My netbook is the only non-Apple computer in my house), but due to using Wifi my internet speed is usually about half of what it should be. I have another that is hardwired in, and gets speeds as advertised. I use a Motorola Nim100 to connect the Airport Extreme, but I'd like to move that into my room, and run an ethernet cable from there, to my Netbook, thus hardwiring me into my Netbook. The only caveat, I can't use my Ethernet port under OS X. I'm not sure of the reason though. OS X can see the ethernet port I think, but it thinks the cable is always connected, and it can't get a DHCP-assigned address when it is connected. I've read that the ethernet works, but I'm not sure how to get it working.

A side note: I have tried installing reader02's AtherosL1c kext, but it didn't solve the issue.

I'm contemplating migrating to a Linux distro, or worst case, go back to XP, but I'd really rather not lose OS X and ruin the rather nice network ecosystem I've got going on.

Also, I'm running 10.6.7 using a hybrid of the maceee.blogspot.com tutorial and the technotalkblog.wordpress.com tutorial. My kernel is the Legacy Kernel in the New Releases section ( http://www.insanelym...howtopic=254602 )

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
About overheating problem this works for me acpi kext was the culpirit

http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1701743

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy