• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

I_Spectre

I_Spectre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Anyone got the 10.6.6 update working? i haven't found the 10.6.6 kernel or the sleepenabler yet.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

I have yet to attempt to update to 10.6.6, mainly because it is only a day old. If you want to have the mac store on your hackintosh on 10.6.5, download the combo update and use pacifist to look through it, as well as extract and install the Mac store app. There is no real added functionality found in the 10.6.6 update. Please wait for my added part to my guide to update to 10.6.6

Marugby123

speederd

speederd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I got 10.6.6 installed successfully...

http://aregularguyin...c-1005-hab.html

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

I got 10.6.6 installed successfully...

http://aregularguyin...c-1005-hab.html

I was about to post this. I don't really like this guide because it can be very unclear in some points. But this is how you update to 10.6.6:

1) If you do not have the 10.6.5 kernel anymore (the 10.4.0 kernel), then go back to my blog and download the link to the package I have hosted. Once you do, move the 10.6.5 Kernel (located within the 10.6.5 Kernel folder) to the desktop.

2) Backup the AppleIntelGMA950.kext, the AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext, and the IO802Family.kext
You can simply just make a folder on your desktop to keep it simple.

3) Run the 10.6.6 Combo Update, but when it prompts you to restart your netbook, minimize or hide the window.

4) Then follow the command line prompts I have said to use, which i will repost below:

*sudo -s (and then enter password)
*cd /
*mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062
*cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel_atom /
* mv /mach_kernel_atom mach_kernel
*chown 0:0 mach_kernel

The "*" above are not what you type into terminal, they are just bullet points.

5) Go back to the 10.6.6 Combo Update window and click the restart button. Once the computer boots back up, replace the kexts you backed up to the /system/library/extentions folder.

6) Go to the root of your Macintosh HD drive and run pfix. Once this is done, restart your computer and you should be completely updated to 10.6.6

NOTE: Some people are saying that there have been some problems with the Sleep feature on the hackintosh. If you fear that this may happen, I would recommend backing up your SleepEnabler.kext file as well and restoring it with the other kexts after updating.

Hope this helps. Post any comments, questions or concerns and I will reply as soon as I can, as I am away on vacation this week.

Marugby123

I_Spectre

I_Spectre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I found the new Atom kernel and sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.6 here:

http://prasys.info/2...-kernel-is-out/

http://www.kexts.com...abler.kext.html

i haven't tested them yet so post any problems.

dazzerjp

dazzerjp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Still working great.

One problem I found today was the SD reader isn't working. Is there a solution for this?

Cheers

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Still working great.

One problem I found today was the SD reader isn't working. Is there a solution for this?

Cheers

I've been hearing strange things happening with the USB ports and the SD reader with the updates. which version are you on? 10.6.5 or 10.6.6? The easiest thing to do to try and solve it is if you backup the kexts that you always backup with an upgrade and then reinstall the combo update and follow the steps that you would normally take to upgrade the system. That usually resolves the problem.

Marugby123

dazzerjp

dazzerjp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I've been hearing strange things happening with the USB ports and the SD reader with the updates. which version are you on? 10.6.5 or 10.6.6? The easiest thing to do to try and solve it is if you backup the kexts that you always backup with an upgrade and then reinstall the combo update and follow the steps that you would normally take to upgrade the system. That usually resolves the problem.

Marugby123

Thanks. Fixed by reinstalling 10.6.5 combo update plus update steps.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Thanks. Fixed by reinstalling 10.6.5 combo update plus update steps.

I knew that would fix it. Sometimes the combo updates on Hackint0sh machines can act really funky and do some crazy stuff. Reinstalling usually helps.

Glad I could help.

Marugby123

UoMoTaLpA

UoMoTaLpA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well now, 1005HA here. I did everything to the letter (with 16gb SD card) up to point 6 of the guide. I booted up the eee, and got a kernet panic almost immediately. Tried to mirror the SD card content on an internal HD partition and boot from there but got the same result.
Got 2gb RAM and switched the stock wifi already, might this be an issue? Guess not, anyway…

Posted Image

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Well now, 1005HA here. I did everything to the letter (with 16gb SD card) up to point 6 of the guide. I booted up the eee, and got a kernet panic almost immediately. Tried to mirror the SD card content on an internal HD partition and boot from there but got the same result.
Got 2gb RAM and switched the stock wifi already, might this be an issue? Guess not, anyway…

Posted Image

Looking at the image you provided, I'm seeing the error "IOATAFamily". ATA is in reference to the hard drive. What you might want to try doing is going into the BIOS of the netbook. Somewhere in there it allows you to define whether the computer processes the hard drive in SATA/IDE or AHCI. Mac registers hard drives in the AHCI mode. Switch this option to AHCI, then try booting the installation.

If this does not work, go back and replace the 2gb stick you have installed in the netbook and replace it with the original 1gb stick that came with the computer.

Let me know if this helps,
Marugby123

deleteme111

deleteme111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Is there a way to get the audio working without VoodooHDA?

berchielli

berchielli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi!
I follow InsanelyMac for mor than 3 years and never got a system fully working thoug. My hardware ALWAYS had something that do not work. Until I found this guide! Thanks, for the first time I got a FULLY working OSX!

For now, I'm using 10.6.5 and everything is good! I just want to know if is "safe"(I know that always there is a risk) to upgrade to 10.6.6. I see many comments saying that FAN or USB stoped working. This is still happening?

Thanks again for this fantastic guide! You save me 5542,20 dollars in a Macbook(the lowest price on my country! ;) )

deleteme111

deleteme111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I'm on 10.6.6 with everything working.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Is there a way to get the audio working without VoodooHDA?

No. VoodooHDA is the only way to get audio working on your netbook hackintosh at this time. It has been the way to get audio working since iDeneb/iAtkos (in their early versions) with running OS X Tiger, and OS X Leopard.

Marugby123

Hi!
I follow InsanelyMac for mor than 3 years and never got a system fully working thoug. My hardware ALWAYS had something that do not work. Until I found this guide! Thanks, for the first time I got a FULLY working OSX!

For now, I'm using 10.6.5 and everything is good! I just want to know if is "safe"(I know that always there is a risk) to upgrade to 10.6.6. I see many comments saying that FAN or USB stoped working. This is still happening?

Thanks again for this fantastic guide! You save me 5542,20 dollars in a Macbook(the lowest price on my country! :D )

I'm glad my guide helped you. It took over 8 months of research and over 100 re-installations to get it perfected. With upgrading to 10.6.6, there is always a risk, and those risks depend on your exact model. If yours is a 1005HAB, or 1005HA, you can upgrade to 10.6.6 using the same steps as upgrading to 10.6.5, and use the 10.6.5 kernel from the zip file you downloaded (if you have already used this, redownload the package and just extract the 10.6.5 kernel and reuse it. Follow the steps with backing up the kexts, installing the combo update, so on and so forth.

Unless you are in dire need of upgrading to 10.6.6, I would not recommend doing so. There are no real benefits to upgrading to 10.6.6, unless you are looking at a specific software that requires it (which most only require either 10.6.3 or some require 10.6.5).

Glad this guide could be so helpful and save you so much money.

Marugby123

berchielli

berchielli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
marugby123, I upgraded to 10.6.6 and everything went just fine. Thanks one more time. I did this because I was very interested in the "new" App Store.
BTW, I'm using a Asus 1005HAB with 2gb of RAM.

Do you allow me to translate your guide to my language(Portuguese)? Of corse that I will give you all the credit. By doing this, your guide will reach more users.

bye

berchielli

berchielli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hey guys, network cable is working in your's 1005HAB? Mine only gets "yellow" status... Do not reach internet...
Anyone?

michael.su

michael.su

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Hey guys, network cable is working in your's 1005HAB? Mine only gets "yellow" status... Do not reach internet...
Anyone?

Ethernet works fine here on 10.6.4
Did you try re-installing the Atheros ethernet kext?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

marugby123, I upgraded to 10.6.6 and everything went just fine. Thanks one more time. I did this because I was very interested in the "new" App Store.
BTW, I'm using a Asus 1005HAB with 2gb of RAM.

Do you allow me to translate your guide to my language(Portuguese)? Of corse that I will give you all the credit. By doing this, your guide will reach more users.

bye

I would rather you not just copy the guide and post credit for me. Rather, please create a link to my guide through google translate, which I have provided below:

http://translate.goo.....s-hackintosh/

or in a smaller Link ( http://bit.ly/ecsW0T ). What is the link to your site?

Marugby123

Anyone?

I have not had to use ethernet since 10.6.4, so I have no idea if it works or not. If it does not work for you, what I recommend doing is going back to see if you still have the backed up kexts from 10.6.4 or even the original update to 10.6.0. If you do not, you should look into getting the Apple USB-to-Ethernet adapter and search these forums for the kext for that.

Marugby123

The Jack of Clubs

The Jack of Clubs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
10.6.7 is out. im waiting for a pkg of the legacy kernel. im wondering if wifi and video will still work too after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy