• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

failurbydesign

failurbydesign

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Great write up! Only issue i have is that the volume is maxed and its coming out super low from the speakers...any thoughts?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

Great write up! Only issue i have is that the volume is maxed and its coming out super low from the speakers...any thoughts?

Did you try adjusting the volume in the VoodooHDA preference pane? If its maxed out there too, best thing would be to look into getting Audio Hijack Pro. This lets you hijack the volume of any application or the entire system by just adjusting the gain. Glad the installation went well and hope this helps.

Marugby123

sgrinalds

sgrinalds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hey I have a 1005hab up and running 10.6.5 perfectly, the only issue is bumping the trackpad whenever I type. I have the avoid accidental trackpad in settings checked, but it doesnt seem to do anything. Does anyone know a way I can lock the trackpad?

thanks

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Hey I have a 1005hab up and running 10.6.5 perfectly, the only issue is bumping the trackpad whenever I type. I have the avoid accidental trackpad in settings checked, but it doesnt seem to do anything. Does anyone know a way I can lock the trackpad?

thanks

Since this IS a hackintosh, the accidental trackpad really isn't going to do anything because it is meant for the multitouch trackpad that is on the macbook and macbook pros. There is no way to lock your trackpad as far as base settings go, but there may be a program out there that can do it.

Marugby123

sgrinalds

sgrinalds

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Yes I realize that. If anyone knows the proper program that can activate the default lock trackpad in the function keys or kext please let me know. I have read some people using Spark or BetterTouchTool change it, but after some experimenting with both I have not found a solution. There is an option to run an apple script by keyboard short cut in both applications, but I am not aware of any scripts that can lock the touchpad. Anybody have any insight>? thanks

Also has anyone used their magic mouse with their 1005hab. I purchased a usb bluetooth adapter as the hab doesn't come with it stock, and can connect to other things except my magic mouse. Advice?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

Yes I realize that. If anyone knows the proper program that can activate the default lock trackpad in the function keys or kext please let me know. I have read some people using Spark or BetterTouchTool change it, but after some experimenting with both I have not found a solution. There is an option to run an apple script by keyboard short cut in both applications, but I am not aware of any scripts that can lock the touchpad. Anybody have any insight>? thanks

Also has anyone used their magic mouse with their 1005hab. I purchased a usb bluetooth adapter as the hab doesn't come with it stock, and can connect to other things except my magic mouse. Advice?

Please move this to a different topic. This is for the hackintosh, but not for programs about things that are already working.

Marugby123

lvpd742

lvpd742

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
when i put my usb into the eee and boot up holding escape, theres no option for usb in the windows boot thing, does anyone know what I could have done wrong?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

when i put my usb into the eee and boot up holding escape, theres no option for usb in the windows boot thing, does anyone know what I could have done wrong?

Does your usb have an LED on it that flashes or anything? What is the model of your computer? Please supply details.

Marugby123

p0tempkin

p0tempkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I registered just to say thanks. The guide worked perfectly. Everything works.

The pfix script did not install, but I just opened Terminal and ran pfix manually and it worked fine (I didn't need to extract it separately).

My netbook is a 1005HA-B, one of the last ones produced with an N280, 1GB (upgraded to 2GB) and 250GB. The speed of the system is adequate, but I'm betting OSX would blaze with an SSD installed. The 6-cell battery is showing 6-7 hours of battery life.

lvpd742

lvpd742

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i realized that the boot booster way enabled (by default on the 1005ha) so i had to disable that in the bios so the Asus EEE screen would show when booting. But now i have another problem. When I booted from the usb, I didnt see anything that had to do with Chameleon, but since osx seems to be installing, I thought I'd see if it would work, I get the failed to install message, powered it off, turned it on, booted to usb and the myhack installer just ran again from the beginning, with no sign of chameleon. Does anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

I registered just to say thanks. The guide worked perfectly. Everything works.

The pfix script did not install, but I just opened Terminal and ran pfix manually and it worked fine (I didn't need to extract it separately).

I noticed that the tutorial is wrong in saying it's at the root of your harddrive. MyHackInstaller used to install it there, now it's installed in /usr/sbin

lvpd742

lvpd742

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
wow im an idiot, all i had to do was press a key when myhack screen came up...

after i ran myhack on the harddrive of the computer, I can't find the pfix, its not in the root harddrive nor is there a folder called sbin as catusjack said. any ideas on what happened?

also when i copyed the kexts in the extensions file it said that some of them didn't install properly, should I use the helper instead?

michael.su

michael.su

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

thanks

First of all, thanks for the guide marugby123! I appreciate the time you have spent documenting this.

I wanted to post this here for all the 1005HAB hackintohers as it seems to be the biggest complaint.

In lieu of finding a way to enable the trackpad lock button, I have found a utilility that is almost as good.

"Sausage Fingers"

About Sausage Fingers
The Problem: You love the convenience of the “tap-to-click” functionality on your Mac laptop’s trackpad, but you always end up accidentally clicking around while you’re typing, sometimes even deleting most of what you’ve typed!

The Solution: Sausage Fingers! A dead-simple status bar application which lets you temporarily disable trackpad clicking while you type your opus!

You can find it here:

http://www.apple.com...agefingers.html

Happy Hackintoshing!

dludington

dludington

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
After trying to reinstall the kexts after upgrading to 10.6.5, I have lost the functionality of my USB, but only as far as external drives is concerned. Any suggestions? I am reinstalling the 10.6.5 upgrade to try to get it working again, but so far nothing is working.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

First of all, thanks for the guide marugby123! I appreciate the time you have spent documenting this.

I wanted to post this here for all the 1005HAB hackintohers as it seems to be the biggest complaint.

In lieu of finding a way to enable the trackpad lock button, I have found a utilility that is almost as good.

"Sausage Fingers"

About Sausage Fingers
The Problem: You love the convenience of the “tap-to-click” functionality on your Mac laptop’s trackpad, but you always end up accidentally clicking around while you’re typing, sometimes even deleting most of what you’ve typed!

The Solution: Sausage Fingers! A dead-simple status bar application which lets you temporarily disable trackpad clicking while you type your opus!

You can find it here:

http://www.apple.com...agefingers.html

Happy Hackintoshing!

Haha I have yet to hear about this application, but the name if it is quite...interesting to say the least :( I will have to check it out sometime.

Marugby123

After trying to reinstall the kexts after upgrading to 10.6.5, I have lost the functionality of my USB, but only as far as external drives is concerned. Any suggestions? I am reinstalling the 10.6.5 upgrade to try to get it working again, but so far nothing is working.

I have yet to hear any problems whatsoever about the USB ports not working at all. This is an interesting issue. I would recommend trying to reinstall the combo update, reinstall the kernel, and the reinstall the kexts upon restart. If that doesn't work, it could be an added kext you might have to install for it, but i doubt that's the problem. Post your results once you reinstall everything.

Marugby123

michael.su

michael.su

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Haha I have yet to hear about this application, but the name if it is quite...interesting to say the least :D I will have to check it out sometime.

Marugby123

LOL, yeah. My wife got a kick out of it when I told her she needed "Sausage Fingers" ;)

Also, a little trick for those new to OSX:
add it to your start-up items so it automatically starts when you boot up your Hack!
(Start-up programs are in your "Accounts" settings in System Preferences)

-Mike

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

LOL, yeah. My wife got a kick out of it when I told her she needed "Sausage Fingers" :D

Also, a little trick for those new to OSX:
add it to your start-up items so it automatically starts when you boot up your Hack!
(Start-up programs are in your "Accounts" settings in System Preferences)

-Mike

That's a toss up whether to do that or not. it takes the computer longer to boot up, even on my 15" i7 macbook pro. It will add a lot of time to the bootup on a netbook (about a good minute, depending on how many programs).

Marugby123

michael.su

michael.su

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

That's a toss up whether to do that or not. it takes the computer longer to boot up, even on my 15" i7 macbook pro. It will add a lot of time to the bootup on a netbook (about a good minute, depending on how many programs).

Marugby123

I agree, most programs have no business bogging down your start-up process. On my real Macs I rarely have anything in start-up.
That being said, This is a very simple/small utility and it's nice to have it already running and not have to think about starting it every time. It really adds to the experience, especially for my wife....because she just wants it to work. she had no part in the glorious installation process. :(
FWIW, It made no difference in the Start-up time on our Eee. :)

dludington

dludington

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I reinstalled the combo update to 10.6.5, and then installed 2GB of RAM, and everything works perfectly. Thanks!

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts

I reinstalled the combo update to 10.6.5, and then installed 2GB of RAM, and everything works perfectly. Thanks!

I figured it was just a weird install that happened with the update. glad everything works.

Marugby123

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy