• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

huyiez

huyiez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Plain simple 1005ha. No letters after it.

Comes with 250gb hdd, 1gb 667 ram, windows 7 starter and atom n270

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

Plain simple 1005ha. No letters after it.

Comes with 250gb hdd, 1gb 667 ram, windows 7 starter and atom n270

Then the brightness should work after you run pfix and restore the graphics kexts. are you using the FN+F# keys to adjust the brightness?

Marugby123

huyiez

huyiez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
It doesn't work at all. It's running about medium brightness, I'm not too bothered about it, but it would be nice if it worked. Almost everything else with fn key works.

Should I replace my current graphics kext? Would I get a kernel panic? I don't want to go through the trouble of reinstalling, unless you know how I can back it up. I've already installed pretty much everything, iwork, firefox, vlc, utorrent etc. I'm going to buy a 2gb ram stick tomorrow and hopefully my battery will be 100% functional.

Maybe I can try downloading a program called Shades for mac, which changes brightness? Do I need to do any pfix for .prefpane files? I'm just trying to avoid any kernel panics because reinstalling is so time consuming.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts

It doesn't work at all. It's running about medium brightness, I'm not too bothered about it, but it would be nice if it worked. Almost everything else with fn key works.

Should I replace my current graphics kext? Would I get a kernel panic? I don't want to go through the trouble of reinstalling, unless you know how I can back it up. I've already installed pretty much everything, iwork, firefox, vlc, utorrent etc. I'm going to buy a 2gb ram stick tomorrow and hopefully my battery will be 100% functional.

Maybe I can try downloading a program called Shades for mac, which changes brightness? Do I need to do any pfix for .prefpane files? I'm just trying to avoid any kernel panics because reinstalling is so time consuming.

I wouldn't recommend reinstalling graphics kexts unless you're updating or not concerned about a kernel panic/reinstall. Shades i've used on my real mac, but it relies on the main brightness of the screen to begin with, and just puts like a colored film over everything to dim it. It doesn't really help if you screen is too dim. If you screen is too bright.

You can also always do it manually by going to System Preferences>Display and theres a slider there to adjust it

Marugby123

tarfoh

tarfoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I followed your guide, but my install always freezes at "Time Remaining: About 18 minutes". I followed your guide perfectly and formatted everything correctly. I am using a SanDisk 8gb FD. Any suggestions?

One more thing. I used a Snow Leopard 10.6 ISO file that I downloaded instead of using a retail cd. I put the iso right onto the flash drive using the rescue (or restore, can't remember) feature from disc utility.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts

Hello. I followed your guide, but my install always freezes at "Time Remaining: About 18 minutes". I followed your guide perfectly and formatted everything correctly. I am using a SanDisk 8gb FD. Any suggestions?

One more thing. I used a Snow Leopard 10.6 ISO file that I downloaded instead of using a retail cd. I put the iso right onto the flash drive using the rescue (or restore, can't remember) feature from disc utility.

First of all, I would like to say that this forum does not support the piracy of software. So please make sure you do not post about this again.

Secondly, what is the model of your computer? Also, is your iso image an OEM disk or a retail one? My recommendation would be to go to best buy or apple and pick up a copy of snow leopard (MAKE SURE ITS THE 10.6 version first, most are carrying the 10.6.3 edition now. or go on ebay and buy one for a few bucks).

Marugby123

huyiez

huyiez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Brightness keys still do not work. I'm guessing I have to edit something in dsdt.aml.. maybe my battery is different from standard batteries? Any ideas on how to edit dsdt using dsdtse? I watched the youtube tutorial, but it's still confusing. My battery is 4400 mAh 48wh

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts

Brightness keys still do not work. I'm guessing I have to edit something in dsdt.aml.. maybe my battery is different from standard batteries? Any ideas on how to edit dsdt using dsdtse? I watched the youtube tutorial, but it's still confusing. My battery is 4400 mAh 48wh

Your battery doesn't have anything to do with the brightness keys. So if you move the slider the brightness doesn't adjust at all?

Marugby123

huyiez

huyiez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

There is no brightness slider at all. Brightness keys don't work at all.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts

There is no brightness slider at all. Brightness keys don't work at all.

Ok, I just wanted to know if the slider worked or not, because if it did, then the graphics kext installed correctly.
This is probably your only option.

http://ipis-osx.wiki...ler-kext-driver

Its a .pkg file that supposedly enables the Asus Netbook Hotkeys within OS X. I have NO EXPERIENCE using this package, so I have no idea if it works or not. This HAS THE POTENTIAL to cause a Kernel Panic, so you should only do this at your own risk. I will also post this on my blog for an update.

You might want to check your bios and make sure all the settings are where they should be set to (such as hard drive being set to ACPI, etc.
Marugby123

huyiez

huyiez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
How do I backup my partition? Using time machine or another application?

I don't feel like reinstalling everything. I think I'll live without brightness.

How long does your 1005ha last with OSX on it? I'm on medium brightness and it dies within roughly 4 hours, compared to 6 hours on Windows 7.

Also does your VGA out work? Whenever I connect to a larger monitor, all I see is my wallpaper and thats it. No mouse, no icons, nothing.

Matt (oh-es-ex)

Matt (oh-es-ex)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I need help. In my current situation, I can't access a Mac. I already used Transmac to put iATKOS on a usb drive, but I have no way to make it bootable from Windows XP. Is there any way?? :angry2:

I have another usb, if it's possible to boot from that and "pass over" to the drive with Snow Leopard.

mm in NC

mm in NC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey all,

I am purchasing a Netbook for my fiancee and want to run OSX on it. I have had a time trying to find good working hacks for the current models that are out. I MUST HAVE wifi working (and would like to be able to watch movies on it in iTunes) and have stumbled across this at tiger direct . com

http://www.compusa.c...p;sku=F12-11010

Am I correct in thinking that this will work with this tutorial? It seems like you guys really got the kinks worked out. I originally was wanted a Dell but since they now have the Mini 1018 out it is pretty much out of the question. And at $240 bucks its a steal!

Thanks in advance,
~MM

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts

How do I backup my partition? Using time machine or another application?

I don't feel like reinstalling everything. I think I'll live without brightness.

How long does your 1005ha last with OSX on it? I'm on medium brightness and it dies within roughly 4 hours, compared to 6 hours on Windows 7.

Also does your VGA out work? Whenever I connect to a larger monitor, all I see is my wallpaper and thats it. No mouse, no icons, nothing.

I have no doubt in my mind that you could use Time Machine to backup your partition. I have an early netbook model so my battery life is actually roughly between 2-3 hrs, depending on what im doing.

Unfortunately, I don't have a VGA cable in my possession, so I have been unable to test to see if it works, although I believe it will.

Marugby123

I need help. In my current situation, I can't access a Mac. I already used Transmac to put iATKOS on a usb drive, but I have no way to make it bootable from Windows XP. Is there any way?? :blink:

I have another usb, if it's possible to boot from that and "pass over" to the drive with Snow Leopard.

What you should be able to do is use the ESC key on startup to select the drive you want to start, then select your USB drive. If not, on the BIOS post menu, it should tell you which key to select for Boot Menu. Follow that key and you should be able to boot the iATKOS. Although, I cannot provide any support for iATKOS, due to the fact that I haven't used it since an earlier version, back on Leopard.

Marugby123

Hey all,

I am purchasing a Netbook for my fiancee and want to run OSX on it. I have had a time trying to find good working hacks for the current models that are out. I MUST HAVE wifi working (and would like to be able to watch movies on it in iTunes) and have stumbled across this at tiger direct . com

http://www.compusa.c...p;sku=F12-11010

Am I correct in thinking that this will work with this tutorial? It seems like you guys really got the kinks worked out. I originally was wanted a Dell but since they now have the Mini 1018 out it is pretty much out of the question. And at $240 bucks its a steal!

Thanks in advance,
~MM

MM,
I have no way of knowing what the wifi card is in this netbook. I searched thoroughly but could not find what the specific model is of the card. If it is an Atheros card, which I would believe it is since Asus has been using Atheros for a long time, it should work once you update to 10.6.4/10.6.5. However, I cannot be certain if it will work for sure since I don't know the card itself. What I can tell you is that Tigerdirect's return policy is good. My recommendation would be to get it, test to see if you can put OS X on it. If not, use the restore CD that comes with the netbook and restore it to its defaults. Post any trouble you have once you get the netbook if you have problems with the installation.

Marugby123

Matt (oh-es-ex)

Matt (oh-es-ex)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What you should be able to do is use the ESC key on startup to select the drive you want to start, then select your USB drive. If not, on the BIOS post menu, it should tell you which key to select for Boot Menu. Follow that key and you should be able to boot the iATKOS. Although, I cannot provide any support for iATKOS, due to the fact that I haven't used it since an earlier version, back on Leopard.

Marugby123

Eh.... that didn't work. I used my PAINFULLY slow iMac G3 (with usb 1.1....) to redo the flash with a MBR partition table. All it changed was the drive having a special "Mac" icon for the CD, which became a generic USB drive....

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts

Eh.... that didn't work. I used my PAINFULLY slow iMac G3 (with usb 1.1....) to redo the flash with a MBR partition table. All it changed was the drive having a special "Mac" icon for the CD, which became a generic USB drive....

Like I said, since I have no experience with recent updates of iATKOS, I have no idea how they are creating the USB installer. You would have to check the instructions you used originally to see where the problem is coming from. What is your netbook? Make? Model?

Marugby123

Matt (oh-es-ex)

Matt (oh-es-ex)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Like I said, since I have no experience with recent updates of iATKOS, I have no idea how they are creating the USB installer. You would have to check the instructions you used originally to see where the problem is coming from. What is your netbook? Make? Model?

Marugby123

The same as the topic is about.. Asus 1005HAB.
I read a tutorial somewhere else online, can't exactly remember where, that said the version of iATKOS that worked perfect with this. Ehh... I already copied down the name of all the kexts I had to customize in iATKOS.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts

The same as the topic is about.. Asus 1005HAB.
I read a tutorial somewhere else online, can't exactly remember where, that said the version of iATKOS that worked perfect with this. Ehh... I already copied down the name of all the kexts I had to customize in iATKOS.

I tried iATKOS multiple times with this netbook, all of which ended with failure. MyHack is by far the best method for installing on this model. I recommend you wipe your netbook and follow my guide, save yourself the hassle and headache.

Marugby123

dazzerjp

dazzerjp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
thanks for your effort. installed and all working - including wifi and battery.

only had one problem with the install and that was the pfix app not being installed onto either the usb or local hard drives. So, the install failed every time.

The solution was to extract it from the myhack_installer_1.1.mpkg and run the terminal. Also, it does take a while and at times seems as if it has crashed, but it hasnt. just need to wait.

thanks again.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 303 posts
Glad everything worked. I have heard that the pfix didn't extract at times to the hard drive, but im glad it works for you :)

Marugby123

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy