Install MAC OSX

bradm

64 posts in this topic

Just that iAtkos CD, you can try it! Just sleep and wifi don't work, I wouldn't know about ethernet, my netbooks ethernet isn't detected in windows.

And the apps folder isn't in the leopard dock by default I don't think.

Your ethernet probably isn't recognized in windows because of the driver needing to be installed. In Windows XP you need to install both the ethernet and wireless drivers. In Windows 7 all I had to install was the drivers for the wireless.

I was trying the Hazard distro but can only get up to 10.6.2. Was trying to update to 10.6.3 then 10.6.5 but keep getting this error:

Mac OS X update cannot be installed on the disk. An error occurred while executing Javascript for the package.

Supposedly the wireless will work in 10.6.5? I won't even know that if I can't even get 10.6.5 installed.

As for iAtkos I thought you said the wireless wasnt working in it? And how far can you update iAtkos? Can it even be updated to 10.6.5 to even see if we can get the wireless working or not?

What would be the use of iAtkos, Hazard, etc. if we can't even get the wireless working in it? If you could give me the for sure fire settings for iAtkos I would try it out.

I was trying the Hazard distro but can only get up to 10.6.2. Was trying to update to 10.6.3 then 10.6.5 but keep getting this error:

Mac OS X update cannot be installed on the disk. An error occurred while executing Javascript for the package.

Supposedly the wireless will work in 10.6.5? I won't even know that if I can't even get 10.6.5 installed.

As for iAtkos I thought you said the wireless wasnt working in it? And how far can you update iAtkos? Can it even be updated to 10.6.5 to even see if we can get the wireless working or not?

What would be the use of iAtkos, Hazard, etc. if we can't even get the wireless working in it? If you could give me the for sure fire settings for iAtkos I would try it out.

Wireless didn't work in iAtkos for me, but I couldn't even get Hazard to work, just try'd to get it working this morning, on my laptop right now, I'm currently running Leopard on my netbook, with wifi working fantastically, I'm posting this from wifi!

Well ok then!! This is what I have been asking you all along on how to do.

I want Leopard. Or Snow Leopard running on this Gateway LT2032U netbook that I have also with WiFi, etc. working.

What is a sure fire, 100%, step to step, process of doing this? Can you also include what Boot CD was used also?

I am tired of fighting this thing and getting it only 95% working. I can live without the Ethernet more than the wireless. The wireless I DEFINITELY want to get working.

And this takes forever. I am online and you are not. Or you are online and I am not. Argh! I posted that one comment today while at work WHERE I CANNOT take the time to be messing with this OSX stuff.

I think the biggest problem faced with Snow Leopard is using the 10.6.3 version that is not supportive of the Atom processor. That is what I have been using. I am thinking it needs to start at 10.6.1 and go up from there step by step with the patched Atom support files.

Hey Markrtoon,

Were you able to get iAtkos up to 10.6.5 installed? I was wondering if that one can be upgraded to 10.6.5 and if you did get it there did you manage to get it to boot from HDD instead of having to use the boot disc.

If you could let me know if you did manage it and how I would appreciate it. I got the retail done up to 10.6.5 by installing retail 10.6.0 then using the Legacy 10.5.0 for the Atom processor and then upgrading to 10.6.5 combo update. But I can't figure out how to get it to boot from HDD.

If you have any suggestions that could help I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Brad

Hey Markrtoon,

Were you able to get iAtkos up to 10.6.5 installed? I was wondering if that one can be upgraded to 10.6.5 and if you did get it there did you manage to get it to boot from HDD instead of having to use the boot disc.

If you could let me know if you did manage it and how I would appreciate it. I got the retail done up to 10.6.5 by installing retail 10.6.0 then using the Legacy 10.5.0 for the Atom processor and then upgrading to 10.6.5 combo update. But I can't figure out how to get it to boot from HDD.

If you have any suggestions that could help I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Brad

Hmm...Does it just not see the HDD?! Or Do you get an error!?

And wow, you got up to 10.6.5?!?!

How does that run!?!

What have you gotten running?!

And no I haven't gotten that far.

I used the Hazard distro and got it updated to 10.6.5 so far.

I am going to have to find a good way to write this out. It gave me so much trouble. Install this, remove that, reboot good without boot cd, would not reboot without boot cd..blah blah. But I got it up and running and dual boot with Windows 7 and with Wireless working on it.

Seems to be running fairly good with only 1gb of memory in it.

Finally somebody who has the same netbook as me!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll write an entire tutorial on how to install Kalyway on here, because iAtkos works, but the wifi doesn't in iAtkos.

Download the Install CD for Kalyway 10.5.2, you'll have to do some updating to get it to 10.5.8.

Boot it up, and pretty much select what you need.

You'll need to select for the install of the Intel GMA950 drivers, and Natit.

If you get bluescreen after you get finished installing. Then you may have to wait a little for while.

Try a -v bootup, if neither of those work, if you've got an external monitor, try plugging it in..

THEN FOR WIFI!!!

You'll need to install this!

http://cl.ly/0i3T2b2L1r0w1t3Z3z46

My ethernet doesn't work in windows, but I'll try to help you with that.

And I can't get the webcam to work in Photo Booth, but it works in any other app, so I'm working on that.

How u doing.

I got gateway also --verizon netbook lt2016u-- looking for lan drivers as well as sound.. I definitely know both lans are atheros.. not sure about audio.. can u shed some light?

I used the Hazard distro and got it updated to 10.6.5 so far.

I am going to have to find a good way to write this out. It gave me so much trouble. Install this, remove that, reboot good without boot cd, would not reboot without boot cd..blah blah. But I got it up and running and dual boot with Windows 7 and with Wireless working on it.

Seems to be running fairly good with only 1gb of memory in it.

Really?! Yes, you will have to write it out.

You see, I got iAtkos to 10.6.5, but it wouldn't load any kexts.. It would still boot fine though.

Did wireless work only when you updated to 10.6.5? Or did it work before that?

Is your wife happy?? You'll probably start using it more than her. Lol.

When I try Hazard, I couldn't get it to work, but with your help, I'd be more than happy to try it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...