Install MAC OSX

bradm

64 posts in this topic

Ok got Kalyway installed. I am stuck at the Migration Assistant Utility. I choose Do Not Transfer Information Now option and it keeps going back through it over and over and won't let me get past it. Any ideas?

Music plays. Go through Migration Assistant and that is it. Can't get through rest of setup.

Also did not see Natit during options for install. Saw it for ATI and Nvidia. That was the only options for it I saw. Did not choose them because of Intel GMA graphics.

Do you have a list by list of what to choose during setup that could make it a little easier? I don't know what alot of those options are.

I don't have an exact list, but give me some time, and I can make one. Is it at 1024x600? Or 800x600?

Any to get past that.

Restart, and when it says press any key do that.

Type -s then hit enter.

Once it finishes booting type this.

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

I don't have an exact list, but give me some time, and I can make one. Is it at 1024x600? Or 800x600?

Any to get past that.

Restart, and when it says press any key do that.

Type -s then hit enter.

Once it finishes booting type this.

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

Awesome. Got it. Just got into the system. Looking good so far.

Ok trying to figure out what I did wrong along the way.

Only get 800x600 resolution option in display. Looks like drivers not installed completely or correctly.

USB not working for me to get the files over to HDD for WIFI and Ethernet.

Processor also shows up as 1.6ghz Intel Core Solo instead of Atom processor.

Here's wifi.

http://cl.ly/0i3T2b2L1r0w1t3Z3z46

Does you sound work?

Here are the display drivers, just install them using the the program provided, you just have to drag them in, enter your password and hit "Easy Install".

http://cl.ly/1V0w0c3M0Y3j0F3G2E1k

Ok will work on these now.

Any clues on the USB issue with USB not working?

How about trackpad? Does this netbook with with the touchpad or do you have to use the buttons?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95789

There is a USB fix, you'll have to read through it though.

I was pretty sure trackpad worked right off the bat.

Go into system preferences, and click trackpad.

ok. trying work through this new problem. I accidentally only installed one of the kexts for the display. The one that had the 950 on it. I forgot the frame rate one. Now it boots to apple logo with spinner and the spinner stops and goes no further. Trying to figure out now how to get it booted back up. Argh!!

Ugh, ok. This time, select the Intel GMA950 drivers that Kalyway has. Under Graphics. You can select the Broadcom Wireless as well.

Yup. Got it. My gawd what a pain in the rear this mess can be. Nice to get it running but sure isn't worth all the trouble sometimes. ;)

But love it on this computer I am using right now to type this on.

Best part will be getting this completely done then finding out the tutorials on how to get it up and running to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 at least. That would be sweet!

ok so far this is what i have:

Kalyway 10.5.2 installed and fine. :D

Ethernet works with drivers you provided no problem. :D

Sound works perfectly so far. :D

Wireless does not work with either choosing Broadcom in the Kalyway setup or by the provider drivers. ;)

Display with provided drivers work when installing both kexts together. HOWEVER the laptop boots to blue screen and will not show display on the laptop screen, ONLY on using external monitor. On external monitor does confirm GMA 950 graphics and does show the monitor listed in displays. Booting with -v does not help either. I can feel the hard drive running and see blue screen. That is it. ;)

USB not working. Have not had chance to look at the site you sent me on that. :thumbsdown_anim:

Trackpad still not working for some reason. :thumbsdown_anim:

Overall state of mind: Whew!! :wacko:

Does this look even remotely promising on wifi? Kinda rocket science to me to some degree.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223465

please update to mac 10.6.5,and the Ar9285 can be drivered!

1.update to 10.6.5

2.install the kext into /s/l/e

you can see :

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-779858-1-1.html

Attached File(s)

LegacyAtheros.kext.zip ( 1.86K ) Number of downloads: 148

drade

InsanelyMac Protégé

Aug 16 2010, 03:27 AM Post #19

Group: Newbies

Member No.: 526,221

The card works on version OSX 10.6.5, legacy is unnecessary, to add id cards (168c, 2b) in info.plist AirPortAtheros21.kext.

That blue screen does resolve, yea, you'll have to mess with it by plugging in and unplugging the external monitor.

Try booting with -s, waiting till if finishes booting, and then type exit.

If that doesn't work try booting up with -x and -v.

Your trackpad won't work in safemode.

If the screen comes in, just shut it down, and then when you reboot the screen should come in fine. So try all of those.

Try this for your trackpad.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...ost&id=3903

In Snow Leopard, all of that works fine except wifi.

If you want to try Snow Leopard, I installed 10.6.3 iAtkos S3 v2.

And I'm about to find out if ethernet works.

That blue screen does resolve, yea, you'll have to mess with it by plugging in and unplugging the external monitor.

Try booting with -s, waiting till if finishes booting, and then type exit.

If that doesn't work try booting up with -x and -v.

Your trackpad won't work in safemode.

If the screen comes in, just shut it down, and then when you reboot the screen should come in fine. So try all of those.

Try this for your trackpad.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...ost&id=3903

In Snow Leopard, all of that works fine except wifi.

If you want to try Snow Leopard, I installed 10.6.3 iAtkos S3 v2.

And I'm about to find out if ethernet works.

the only problem i had was getting snow leopard and iAtkos S3 v2 installed without system constantly rebooting itself before it even reached the install part.

Didn't have that prob. You really have to hit -v on that CD, because it takes a really long time to boot.

A little, what I'm trying right now, is basically, I installed the distro that you have now, installed that dell wifi package I gave you, it works fine, then I copied all the files that made wifi possible to my SD card, and now I'm reinstalling iAtkos S3 v2, and I'm going to recopy the files, and maybe reinstall the package. But I'm really surprised that didn't work for you.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=49262

Run that in terminal and reboot.

Here is the entire forum post.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51725

I don't understand this one single bit. We both have the same exact netbook spec for spec, name for name, blah for blah. I fully went through all the instructions you have graciously passed along to me with all my nagging for help, etc. I finally, finally got this thing up with Ethernet working, display working, sound working. :thumbsup_anim:

Got display working by NOT choosing any video driver in Kalyway setup. Got Kalyway installed and installed Natit.kext then rebooted, then went and installed the display drivers you gave me. Installed both at same time and rebooted. System rebooted fine and display is giving me all resolutions....well all that this little netbook will give out. :thumbsup_anim:

Got the USB working by unchecking the PCGENUSB2 option in the Kalyway setup. Then I downloaded this file (usb_fix_1.3.mpkg.zip) from the link you provided me here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95789). Read through it and my versions did not match like it said. Installed that USB Fix and works perfectly fine now on USB. :thumbsup_anim:

So only thing NOT WORKING SO FAR IS:

Wireless - Installed the Dell Broadcom file you gave me. No luck. Even did the BCM Enabler you linked me to. No luck on it either.

Applications folder - DOES NOT show up on the Dock for some reason.

Sleep - Does sleep work on this? The laptop goes into power saving mode, etc and can't get it back. Have to reboot it.

System information shows processor as 1.6ghz Intel Core Solo. Does this, or will this, ever show the correct processor?

Kinda wish there was a distinct possibility of getting a good boot disc to get Snow Leopard installed with up to 10.6.5 with everything working.

That would be the ultimate goal.

Update: Trackpad now working correctly with the link to the file you sent me also. Can use the tap feature, etc.

Thank you!!! :D

yeah everything seems to be working fine except for the items mentioned:

Processor name

Wireless

Applications folder on dock

sleep

So what would be needed to get 10.6.3 running on this thing? You get everything working on it yet?

yeah everything seems to be working fine except for the items mentioned:

Processor name

Wireless

Applications folder on dock

sleep

So what would be needed to get 10.6.3 running on this thing? You get everything working on it yet?

Just that iAtkos CD, you can try it! Just sleep and wifi don't work, I wouldn't know about ethernet, my netbooks ethernet isn't detected in windows.

And the apps folder isn't in the leopard dock by default I don't think.