2 replies to this topic

Bene1408

Bene1408

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey there,

I'm planning to buy a new notebook. Actually I wanted to buy a MacBook Pro, cause it's design and hardware are interesting for me, but the only problem is the price. So I want to buy a "normal" notebook and turn it into a hackintosh (Vanilla if possible), which I need a 100% compatible notebook for. The specifications should look like this:

CPU: Intel Core i7
RAM: At least 4GB, 6-8 preferred
GPU: Similar to the MacBook pro, something like the nVidia GT 330m, alternatively a Radeon from the 58xx or 59xx series
Wireless and LAN should be working, as well as sound and FireWire
Screen: 16"-17"
Manufacturer actually equal, but I'd prefer Dell

I'm thinking about the Vostro 3700 but in a review it was said that there might be a problem with the processing of realtime applications, e.g. external sound cards what's exactly what I'd need. If I had to replace the wireless card, which card could I replace it with? And would the multi-touch of the trackpad work? And is there a How-to for installing Mac OS X on this notebook?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Bene

ricardoplugins

ricardoplugins

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Did you have any sucess making a i7 notebook in hackintosh ??? in that case which model and brand ??

niespodziewanie

niespodziewanie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Did you have any sucess making a i7 notebook in hackintosh ??? in that case which model and brand ??

Hello I Have the same problem. Please help. I just want to buy the Toshiba Tecra S11-13X i7-620M. It is with NVS2100M grapchics (will it work with a CUDA driver???) but I know nothing about wifi and sound and am not able to find. Maybe someone knows? Please help.Will it work? Or what is the best i7 laptop possible in Hackintosh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy