I recently did an ssd update on my setup so below is how i went about after numerous tries.
- Attach your DVD drive to the Sata1 port(top and black) of the six sata3G ports
- Attach your Hard Drive or SSD to your 1st Sata6G port(Top and red theres two of them). Have no other discs attached yet. You can add them when your rig works(Just to make sure you dont install on the wrong dive)
- Boot your rig while pressing F8 as bios posts(at ROG /Intel logo splash)
- You will end up at the boot device selection. Select your listed DVD drive in which you have put the ##### disc.
- Once it boots and loads you will see icons indicating bootable items. Press Eject on the DVD drive and remove the ##### Disc. Load your retail Snow Leopard Install DISC and close the drive.
- Press F5 once the drive starts spinning, you will see the ##### icon disappear and a refresh of the screen with a Mac OS X Install disc icon. Nacigate to this using your left or right arrows on the keyboard. Press Enter
- You will boot into OSX. Select utilities at the top and go to disc utility. Partition disc drive as GPT then close when done
- The installer will become prominent again, customise as you wish and install to your GPT partition/Disc. Reboot using ##### as we started and next select your newly installed partition from the list and boot with -v -f
- Once through with setup plug in your flash disc and apply the combo update to your drive when done do not restart!
- Open ##### and select 1) System Utilities. 2)ALC8xxHDA and voodooHDA 0.2.72 under audio kexts and hnaks AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet kext. 3) Under bootloader select Chameleon 2.0 RC5 Ati Experimental (I have an ATI5770 card) 4)Under customizations check themes 5) Most Important!!!! Under Kexts expand miscellaneous then check FakeSMC 7)A.o.b You might want to chose one of the Jmicron Sata kexts and a USB 3.0 kext.
- Now Install you ##### selections but before restarting do the following
- 1)Drag your DSDT to the root of your drive. 2)Drag your ati rom 1002_68b8.rom to /Extra folder. 3) Open com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra and edit the DSDT key to /dsdt.aml, GraphicEnabler key to Yes, Kernel Flags key to -v and UseAtiRom to Yes. Then save the file
- Reboot from the drive by F8 then selct the drive and cross your fingers.....Hurray 64 bit finally.......Winter project complete
Attached: boot.plist, ati5770 rom and DSDT
For Now im stuck with a Geekbench score of 4859 !!!! I will find some time google why!!!!
Using your guide, which I am ever so grateful for, I found on 10.6.8 I had to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E in order to boot and I use PCIRootUID=1 boot flag in boot.plist.
I'm also using an ATI card, but I'm using a 5970, which I had to add to my device ID to in ATI5000Controller and disable the second GPU by editing the ATIRadeonX3000.kext for anyone else who may have this card. I had to dump my bin and add UseATIRom=Yes also.*** I USED A 7800GTX TO INSTALL SNOW LEO AND EDITED AFTER INSTALLED, PUT THOSE PCI LANE SWITCHES TO GOOD USE ;D****
As far as I can tell, 10.6.8 is running smooth after deleting AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, Only 4684 on Geekbench.
Only using ALC8xxHDA, FakeSMC, IOAHCIBlockStorage, and JMicron kexts in extra, anything I could be missing?