Dell Optiplex GX280

jason grace

22 posts in this topic

Ok i currently have a Dell Optiplex GX280 P4 2.8Ghz with hyperthreading 2GB ram which I've been trying to install 10.5.7 on it using iAtkos V7 because I've read others have had success, however I've managed to install it various times but have not been able to get the sound working or the ethernet and ive searched and tried to get the kext loaded (5751 ethernet, AC97audio) manually and through kexthelper but no dice and im calling it quits. I need help please!!!!!

Hmm, can you tell me what kind of sound card you have, and kindof the exact ethernet card as well?
(5751 ethernet, AC97audio)

Here you go put AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext & AppleAC97Audio.kext in System/Library/Extensions. Put AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in Extra/Extensions..then run "Kext Utility"

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

Kext_Utility.zip

You will probably have to put in the "Mac Address" via terminal and to have it applied at startup, search forum (or google) "setmac" .

Lol yea, but couldn't you use KextHelperb7 or my favorite, OSX86 tools to install those, and you may have to repair permission!

Both buggy IMO and with a bit of research you will probably find that.

"kext Utility" does all the permissions..rebuilds caches, mkexts etc...

Well, you're right! I could use a spot of help, I've just installed iAtkos S3 V2 on my netbook, Gateway LT2030u with a Broadcom 4315 wifi card, and I for the life of me can't get it to work, btw, do you want me to start a new topic for this?

Well, you're right! I could use a spot of help, I've just installed iAtkos S3 V2 on my netbook, Gateway LT2030u with a Broadcom 4315 wifi card, and I for the life of me can't get it to work, btw, do you want me to start a new topic for this?

It is better to start a new topic rather than hijack somebody else's thread. BUT if you do a search first, then you may not have to post the question at all

http://tinyurl.com/28mqnuk

Nope neither is working, weirdest thing in the world...huh

Very strange! I know for a fact that those kexts work in 10.5 Leopard on the GX280 I have seen working with a retail disk install and an IPC 10.5.6 final install. Can not see why it would not work on an iAtkos V7 install.

Try network first. Remove any BCM5751Ethernet.kext from System/Library/Extensions and check Extra/Extensions as well

Then unzip the AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext and "Kext Utility" say to desktop...drag AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kex on to the 'Kext Utility" and it should install and rebuild caches etc automatically.......If I remember a message should pop up saying new network connection found, even without a restart..if not restart and see what happens

Nope tried it again and still no luck I've been at this for two days and nothing its strange because others have had a flawless install but neither my audio or ethernet are recognized

Sorry only thing I could suggest is a clean install. As you say it works for others so can only assume your system is corrupted.

well i tried running the system info app but it didnt work because i needed java 1.6 so i updated it manually and ran it again, it shows on the dock and on the finder bar but after five sec it closes and no windows open, i give up i'm just gona stick to windows 7 for now......

thanks for the help though

well i tried running the system info app but it didnt work because i needed java 1.6 so i updated it manually and ran it again, it shows on the dock and on the finder bar but after five sec it closes and no windows open, i give up i'm just gona stick to windows 7 for now......

thanks for the help though

OK - your welcome