[HowTo] Get the 2nd gen. EAX1600XT SILENT working (black heatsink)

tha_toadman

89 posts in this topic

I have done some testing with my HIS X1600XT card.

JaS 10.4.7 installation with the card plugged in didn't work. The screen was unreadable.

Then I tried with Myz 10.4.6 and managed to get into Mac OS X without any problems with the card plugged in.

I then tried the pkg_installer zedzed posted, but ended up with the same result as when I tried the boris method.

The package is 6 megs.

I have no clue what is inside the installer or how it works.

Someone on the forums here was kind enough to send it to me.

All I can say is that it got my Asus eax1600xt silent v3 working when nothing else would.

I am a noob here so I can't help any more than this.

Maybe someone else can help out.

Cool thing about this package is the slick installer.

After a fe days - not a single mouse turd anywhere on the screen!

The package is 6 megs.

I have no clue what is inside the installer or how it works.

Someone on the forums here was kind enough to send it to me.

All I can say is that it got my Asus eax1600xt silent v3 working when nothing else would.

I am a noob here so I can't help any more than this.

Maybe someone else can help out.

Cool thing about this package is the slick installer.

After a fe days - not a single mouse turd anywhere on the screen!

Ok, Ok, Ok... The difference is the OpenGL.framework!

You use a older version than with my 3.2 installer!

I think you should test it with 10.4.8 and 8.8.1 kernel if you can! JaS is bringing an install dvd tonight so keep your eyes open!

Maybe this time my installer is working with the second gen. of EAX1600XT Silent!

Sorry that it hasn't till now! :blink:

NeoPheus: Do you have working DVI (not DVI to VGA) with that release?

No, DVI isn't working with this release!

I don't know why it isn't working, sorry! But I think with the version 3.4 X1300 users could have luck and get their cards to work! :sorcerer:

I downloaded and installed JaS 10.4.8 SSE3 Intel Only Combo Update

After the upgrade and reboot all I get is a black screen with a white outline of a mouse cursor arrow.

I can move the cursor around the screen but nothing else as everything is black.

This is with Asus eax1600xt silent v3 video card

my advice would be to at least try for 24 to 48 hours. then if all hope is lost, send it back (and cross your fingers you don't get hit with a restocking fee). who knows, you might find out something that others haven't...

Spent 5 hours on it last night. Everything from trying Jas 4.8 instead of 4.6, boris method, boris installer, screenres changer, flashing bios, exhaustion! I guess for those who got it to work congrats.

Restocking fee, AHHHH!!!

15%, but I got it waived since I purhased the MSI X1600 Pro from them instead, now I"m just out the 20$ for all the shipping costs. Oh well, this is the exact card Boris used, so hopefully I'll have success with this one. Sorry I couldn't get my ASUS to work for those struggling...

good luck, and I'll keep checking back expecting a solution from SOMEONE, =)

~SupaRM

Weird thing is that my video card is a bit squeeky when moving mouse over the "Dock" and the magnification effect happens

I can hear that on my card as well. They're like faint 'ticks' when I'm doing anything graphical on the screen. It is weird.

...and SupaRM, sorry to hear that. hopefully the other card treats you better. it would have been interesting to hear though if you could test that .mpkg package that "zedzed" had mentioned.