[HowTo] Get the 2nd gen. EAX1600XT SILENT working (black heatsink)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

zedzed

zedzed

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I am using this x1600 support package on

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.7 (8J2135)
Kernel Version: Darwin 8.4.1

iMäcen

iMäcen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
NeoPheus: Do you have working DVI (not DVI to VGA) with that release?

~Neo

~Neo

The installer man. Formerly known as "NeoPheus"

• Retired Developers
  • 644 posts

NeoPheus: Do you have working DVI (not DVI to VGA) with that release?

No, DVI isn't working with this release!
I don't know why it isn't working, sorry! But I think with the version 3.4 X1300 users could have luck and get their cards to work! :sorcerer:

zedzed

zedzed

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I downloaded and installed JaS 10.4.8 SSE3 Intel Only Combo Update

After the upgrade and reboot all I get is a black screen with a white outline of a mouse cursor arrow.
I can move the cursor around the screen but nothing else as everything is black.

This is with Asus eax1600xt silent v3 video card

SupaRM

SupaRM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been reading this tragic post, and even worse, recieved my v3 card in the mail this morning.
Should I keep it and try to get it to work or send it back asap??
~SupaRM

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
my advice would be to at least try for 24 to 48 hours. then if all hope is lost, send it back (and cross your fingers you don't get hit with a restocking fee). who knows, you might find out something that others haven't...

SupaRM

SupaRM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

my advice would be to at least try for 24 to 48 hours. then if all hope is lost, send it back (and cross your fingers you don't get hit with a restocking fee). who knows, you might find out something that others haven't...

Spent 5 hours on it last night. Everything from trying Jas 4.8 instead of 4.6, boris method, boris installer, screenres changer, flashing bios, exhaustion! I guess for those who got it to work congrats.

Restocking fee, AHHHH!!!
15%, but I got it waived since I purhased the MSI X1600 Pro from them instead, now I"m just out the 20$ for all the shipping costs. Oh well, this is the exact card Boris used, so hopefully I'll have success with this one. Sorry I couldn't get my ASUS to work for those struggling...
good luck, and I'll keep checking back expecting a solution from SOMEONE, =)
~SupaRM

zedzed

zedzed

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
New v3.5 Borisbadenov works for my card

ATIX1x00_3.5.mpkg

Weird thing is that my video card is a bit squeeky when moving mouse over the "Dock" and the magnification effect happens

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Weird thing is that my video card is a bit squeeky when moving mouse over the "Dock" and the magnification effect happens

I can hear that on my card as well. They're like faint 'ticks' when I'm doing anything graphical on the screen. It is weird.

...and SupaRM, sorry to hear that. hopefully the other card treats you better. it would have been interesting to hear though if you could test that .mpkg package that "zedzed" had mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy