[HowTo] Get the 2nd gen. EAX1600XT SILENT working (black heatsink)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

bpeugh

bpeugh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I have one of the third variant types of these cards and this method will not work for me either in VGA or DVI. As soon as it gets to load the blue screen, it flashes blue for a second and then goes black or black with bits of color at the top. It also still shows the mouse which I thought was weird. Any suggestions?

I just tried the Neophus method and it corrupted my video so much that using the card it goes to a blue screen with just the mouse cursor there. When I try to switch back to the onboard the image is so skewed that I cannot read or see anything.

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
i wished i had a direction to point you in but unfortunately, i don't. i think i'm going to rename this thread (either myself or with the assistance of a mod) and say 'how to get the 2nd gen ATI eax1600xt card working'. sorry i couldn't of any more help to you.

bpeugh

bpeugh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Okay, I did get it working after trying those two methods and then doing Ciber's method that is in this folder also. So it was great until I tried to reactivate Quartz 2D Extreme and somehow deleted my root user folder and then nothing would work. So I wiped the drive clean, had to reinstall 10.4.6 using the Myz image since my Jas did not want to work and used the Jas 10.4.7 off of TBP to update. Disabled beamsynch and enabled Quartz 2D Extreme. Did your method and it works. It just hangs about an extra 15 seconds on start up and seems to have slowed the Xbench score down 5 points but I will take that for the trade off. So there is a third gen method that worked for me. Might be because ithe bios was flashed the Ciber method to a Sapphire card but will have to check on that. Now just have to put my audio back on.

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
bpeugh, that's awesome. good work!

you'll have to share your findings now with the rest of the community. :(

bpeugh

bpeugh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
It is just a straight up fix because apparently the flashing never took because the windows os is still seeing it as an asus video board. so apparently you just have to install Myz 10.4.6 then do the Jas 10.4.7 upgrade, then your patch, put the card in, and that is all.

iVoyou

iVoyou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Any ideas on the 3rd gen version? I have a 23" Cinema and really want it to work. DVI works out of the box with a lower resolution monitor. None of the pathces have worked for me. If there are no fixes, what video card do you guys think I should get. The GECUBE X1600XT looks promissing (supposedly working with a monitor that has the same resolution as mine), except that someone else says that he has stability problems. Also the X1800XT looks promissing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew

altagor

altagor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
to change resolution add to boot.plist this
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
in string type your resolution
I work with this solution but color calibration does not work
QE CI Mirroring is OK. I try everythig boris, toadman, saphire bios flash - DVI is black. It's funny, this same DVI output work with analog converter, but this not resolve the problem.
Toadman in other post say somthing about atindrv 10.4.5 version but i dont have it.
Sorry or my english

Goatsec 10.4.6 + AMD update
AD 3500+ Venice
ASUS EAX1600TX no 3
GA-K8N51GMF-9

Bootstrap

Bootstrap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I've tried Borisbandenov method for my Asus EAX1600 silent Rev.1, Display went black with mouse cursor only. I have to take out card to return to OSX desktop (Intel Mainboard with GMA900 integrated) if this is the case how can I get Product and Vendor ID's. to apply 2nd Guide? :D

johan

johan

Nuke ATWT fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

I've tried Borisbandenov method for my Asus EAX1600 silent Rev.1, Display went black with mouse cursor only. I have to take out card to return to OSX desktop (Intel Mainboard with GMA900 integrated) if this is the case how can I get Product and Vendor ID's. to apply 2nd Guide? :D

when the screen is black , did you try the other vga output ?

Bootstrap

Bootstrap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

when the screen is black , did you try the other vga output ?

Card has vga and dvi, it was connected to the vga out put, also reboot only report 16Meg ram when the card has 256meg :D

johan

johan

Nuke ATWT fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Card has vga and dvi, it was connected to the vga out put, also reboot only report 16Meg ram when the card has 256meg :D

on boot its always shows 15 mb thats normal.. its the vesa driver useing 16 mb

u got to use the dvi ouput with a dvi to vga converter...

the dvi has a analue output...

so it works.. but analogue on the dvi outout

its simple

Bootstrap

Bootstrap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

on boot its always shows 15 mb thats normal.. its the vesa driver useing 16 mb

u got to use the dvi ouput with a dvi to vga converter...

the dvi has a analue output...

so it works.. but analogue on the dvi outout

its simple

Checked both input from vga & dvi and used dvi-vga converter nothing but mouse cursor with black backrground with small bit of color on the screen. I've been trying to get this to work for a week now. Did Boris method from new install OSX86 10.4.6 :D :D all product and vendor ID's modified all .kext I don't get it.

Leon Braams

Leon Braams

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i got hold of a second harddrive so i thought, let's give it another go. I removed my original harddisk to have a backup and inserted the second one. Installed 10.4.6 (Myzar) and after a few hickups with booting, i get DVI out on 1024x768 with no options to choose from any resolution. But hey, i got DVI out without doing anything at all. Then i installed Boris's solution and i notice that there are more then 1 devices in the lines i should modify. After continuing the machine boots but when de desktop is to appear i get a black screen. On VGA everything is working (as expected). Can it be that the DVI connection has a different code? My code says 0x71c0 and 0x1002 for ATI. But when i look to the PCI cards installed i see a "display" with 0x71e0 and i see the Radeon X1600 with 0x71c0. I repeated Boris's solutionwith code 0x71e0 but without succes. Any thoughts on this????

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
ok...i'm ready to test with a Myzar 10.4.5 ISO. only problem is that i need a copy of it. anyone have a copy i could use? it seems to have vanished from torrent sites. i have an FTP server ready to accept it. PM me if you can help. thanks!

papa_6

papa_6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I have the same asus silent 71c0 version. I noticed that when I remove ATIRadeonX1000GL.bundle and ATIRadeonX1000VA.bundle files it boots up OK but ofcourse no CI and QE. Could it be theese files that should be replaced with some others? I have tried with all tricks, even the Sapphire flash, but always a glitched desktop or a black desktop when the bundle files is there.

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
I'll try and troubleshoot this soon with the recently d/l'ed Myzar disc on my 2nd gen. card. I'll post my findings here as soon as I figure something out.

aberracus

aberracus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
i hope to have later the firmaware of my working asus .. the first one to work...

i will share here .

tha_toadman

tha_toadman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
cool! thanks aberracus.

zedzed

zedzed

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I might have v3 of this video card - see post #69
http://forum.insanel...o...=asus&st=60

In 10.4.6 - before boris

Shows as VGA Compatible Controller and id 71c0
QE/CI Supported
Magnification on the dock works
Can't change the resolution
Have some blocks on screen near mouse

In Jas 10.4.6 - doing manual Boris using the indicated 71c0 - during bootup it goes to black

If I change <string>ATY,wormy</string> to <string>display</string> - nothing happens
If I change <string>IONDRVDevice</string> to <string>IOPCIDevice</string> and reboot that is where it goes to black with no video on any output
Using boris automated gives me black video as well

In JaS 10.4.7 install with x1600 support loaded during bootup it goes to black screen

In JaS 10.4.7 with no x1600 support loaded the video card shows up as 71c0
CE/CI are supported and video at 1024x768
I can't change resolution size at all.

Followup - I tried to change resolution manually using

Open "com.apple.boot.plist" in Text Editor.
Add this in:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1280x1024x32@60"</string>

but this got me flashing colors during boot-up which hangs

altagor

altagor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
i have the same problem with v3. Any method doesn't work flash other bios too. To change resolution type 1280x1024x32 without @60. For mouse artifact use mouse locator (http://forum.insanel...mousepose&st=40). Calibration adn rotation doesn't work, i no have idea for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy