Dell Latitude E6400 & IATOKS S3V2: few remaining issues

pctmac

6 posts in this topic

Hi

just installed IATKOS S3V2 (SL 10.6.3) on an external SATA drive on a Dell Latitude E6400: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Video Intel GMA 4500MHD 1Gb Ram (id 8086:2a42 Rev B3), Intel Wifi 5100 AGN, Intel 82567LM, SATA Intel 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family).

I have kexts only in /Extra. Here the list: AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Controller, Disabler, EvOreboot, fakesmc, Intel82566MM, IOUSBFamily, LegacyAppleRTC, LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.

So far, all is working (including tyrackpad) except QE on graphics and Wifi, but i still have some questions:

1/ do I need all above kexts?

2/ I have the following in dmesg:

m.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - not found and kextd not available in early boot.

Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBEHCI"

../..

Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, v3.9.6: already have loaded v4.9.6.

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: __ZN23AppleUSBEHCIDiagnostics17createDiagnosticsEP12AppleUSBEHCI

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - link failed.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI failed to load (0xdc008016).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (error 0xdc008016).

I do not succeed to find where it does come from. Any idea?

3/ ethernet is working but it does not load at boot. I have following error in dmesg:

Kext com.tootoosoft.driver.Intel82566MM - library kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily not found.

Can't load kext com.tootoosoft.driver.Intel82566MM - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Kext com.tootoosoft.driver.Intel82566MM failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext com.tootoosoft.driver.Intel82566MM (error 0xdc00800e).

Couldn't alloc class "Intel82566MM"

But If I load it manually from /Extra/Extensions then it works perfectly. Any idea?

4/ should I try to update to 10.6.5 ?

5/ I have not yet tried the Deviato's Chameleon patch to get native resolution: should I try ?

Thanks

Here my kextstat: E6400_kextstat.txt

EDIT: Solved the ethernet issue. I have installed Intel82566MM.kext in /S/L/E and it's now loaded at each boot. Will try Deviato & SL 10.6.5 upate

EDIT2: sound is working but .... I cannot change the sound level!!! No way. I have no idea why. I have installed VoodooHDA 2.7.2 but still same issue. No idea?

EDIT3: Deviato Chameleon's patch work to get native resolution. Have also updated to 10.6.4: all seems ok.

hello

could you please tell us where you downloaded the boot cd ?

I also have Dell E6400 with core 2 duo. I purchased a retail 10.6.3 DVD but can't go further because the cpu is not recognised by the retail DVD. I am using Boot 132 CD ISO

Thank you

hello

could you please tell us where you downloaded the boot cd ?

I also have Dell E6400 with core 2 duo. I purchased a retail 10.6.3 DVD but can't go further because the cpu is not recognised by the retail DVD. I am using Boot 132 CD ISO

Thank you

As posted, I am not using a retail but a distrib: IATKOS S3 V2 (10.6.3). Google to find it.

Have you read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134430

What do you mean by 'cpu not recognised': what is the error msg ?

Hi,

pctmac: I just tried installing IATOKS S3V2 on my E6400. I wasn't sure what customizations to choose during install and didn't choose any. The installs completes, but boot fails with a 'You need to restart the computer'. I tried a reinstall and this time chose a couple of familiar sounding options, nvidia drivers etc. - no do. Still the same error on boot.

Can you tell me the procedure you used, pls. or direct me to someplace it is mentioned? Specifically, what customizations did you choose, what BIOS options did you need to set if any etc.?

Grateful for any help,

/vv

• 3 weeks later...

what kind of video card is in your rigs? take a look at this guys custom settings for iatkos s3 v2

I used most of his settings for my dell latitude d820, about to install this on my dell latitude d630 T7100 if anyone wants to buy it for 350 let me know,

Ok, this is what I used (D630, Nvidia, Wireless = broadcom) rest of d630 hardware should be identical to every d630

1. iATKOS S3 v2 - it has 10.6.3

2. Set bios on D630 to AHCI (not an option in my bios, didn't matter )

3. Bootloader - AsereBLN v1.1.9

4. Bootloader Options - 32-bit boot (I think I had to use the second options, or whichever option said if you got a kernel panic to chose the one below it, I did the bottom one, hope this helps, it might be the rtc option below that this mess of nonsense is describing) Graphics Enabler

5. Patches - /Extra directory, fakesmc, Disabler, RTC(32bit(see statement above), EVO Reboot

6. Drivers - INTEL SATA/IDE (i skipped these)

7. SOUND - Voodoo HDA

8. PS/2 - Apple PS/2

9. CPU Power Management - Voodoo P-State

10. Latop Hardware - Battery, Card Reader, TSC Sync, ACPI Thermal (32bit) -select all

11. Network wireless - Broadcom

12. Network wired - Broadcom BCM5755M(32bit) (I skipped this)

13. Language Translations - select all

updated to 10.6.5 perfectly

still working on sleep enabler, I didn't select the option on my lastest install but it never worked before, but I never chose the aspere bootloader option in the past, I used chamilion rc4.. Good look