A few quick questions

careyr69

2 posts in this topic

The amount of information here is quite overwhelming. I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to mac's. I just got my os to install and it works pretty good. However, I have a few questions to make things run a little better.

How/where can I update my processor so that all cores are shown? Is that by kexts? I have an i7 965 and I think it's only showing 4 cores. How would I update this?

Also, I have an nvidia 260x (x2) video cards. On my pc setup I use 4 22" monitors. Can I use for with mac os? If not how can I keep my top monitor in the 180/flipped mode on restart? It always reverts back to normal state? Is there a specific kext I can use for the video card?

Thanks for your time.

For the video card no kexts needed, you must only have chameleon rc4 or highter (asere is the best bootloader) and put the graphics enabler into com.apple.boot.plist with lizard (3 seconds).

I think your i7 work perfect, if the sistem give you only 4 cores it's an error of system profiler.