List of working WiFi cards/usb adapters

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

yeah, I read that, but because I don't know what he changed, and what my device ID is, it is of no use. :)

Then without the Device ID, you didn't really do anything useful with patch anyway.

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
What do you mean? I did not patch because I did not have the device ID because it did not show up. Anyway to make it showup?

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
A while back, you said "I tried it, but it didn't power up..." You didn't say until later that you couldn't find the Device ID and thus didn't really "try it". If you have Windows available, but the card in and go to Device Manager, find the card, click on Properties and then click on the Details tab to get the Vendor ID and the Device ID.

To install with VMware, go here: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=11314

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have VMware up and running. I'll take a look at the link

And what I ment by tried it is that I thought when I put it in, it would appear as an Airport card

OK, I found it in Device manager, but that device ID is long... I am guessing it is 4320?

Attached Files

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
Vendor is 14e4 and Device is 4320. Use the 4320 for the XXXX in the guide above.

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Well I just started the VMware install and erased my current OS X partition, so I will tell you how it comes out tommorow.

Thanks for all your help, Rammjet.

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
OK. I installed OS X 10.4.6, JaS iso, and it sticks at the gray Apple screen. (No spinning wheel thing)

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
During the install, right before clicking on the "Install" button, did you click on the "Customize" button and choose packages that pertain to your computer? You have to click on the little arrow to reveal the packages. If your computer is SSE2, choose that or if SSE3, choose that, but not both.

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yeah, I did that.

Here is what I selected(As you can see, the grayed out ones are the ones I chose):
Posted Image

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
OK. looks like you made correct choices in Customize, unless you don't really have GMA900 video.

Sometimes, on a laptop, a hang at the grey screen indicates a video problem. OSX expects to find a monitor and doesn't. This can be fixed by attaching a monitor or a VGA dongle to the VGA port or doing the 2-wire trick:

http://forum.osx86pr...c...ost&id=1522

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I am using an external moniter. :)

[edit] Yeah, I am almost positive I am using that. I'll double check tho, just to be sure.

Hmm, I guess that is the problem. I have a 915GM/GMS, 910GML one... Now why did I think I had a 900? :\

I'll let you know how it goes when I am done installing again.

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Still does not work. :D

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
OK, I decided to go ahead and boot in -v mode, and got a really strage error I have not heard of here.

Pics or error: http://robm.drunkencoders.com/osx86/

Any ideas?

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
Well it is struggling with your PCMCIA bus but gives up on that, then hangs on your SATA.

In BIOS, can you set SATA to emulate PATA?

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I am using an external moniter. :happymac:

[edit] Yeah, I am almost positive I am using that. I'll double check tho, just to be sure.

Hmm, I guess that is the problem. I have a 915GM/GMS, 910GML one... Now why did I think I had a 900? :\

I'll let you know how it goes when I am done installing again.

Wait a sec, yes I do. I'll have to reinstall that patch later...

Nope, it can't. :)

Anything else I can do?

RobM

RobM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Anyone? I really need help, I have no idea what it wrong. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy