please help, im exhausted

andrea_genovese

3 posts in this topic

I have recently upgraded my RAM, I first changed one of the 1GB slot with a 4GB one so 5GB in total.

Since then I get occasional Kernel panics (like once every two days) which I never had before (I had the laptop for more than a year). Then I decided to remove the other 1GB one and keep only the one of 4GB with an empty slot because I thought the clocks of the two were not matching, but things got worse and I now get Kernel Panic more than once a day, I think I placed it in the bottom slot (having the computer upside-down).

Did I do anything wrong? Can the 4GB RAM be faulty?

(italian answers are accepted)

I have recently upgraded my RAM, I first changed one of the 1GB slot with a 4GB one so 5GB in total.

Since then I get occasional Kernel panics (like once every two days) which I never had before (I had the laptop for more than a year). Then I decided to remove the other 1GB one and keep only the one of 4GB with an empty slot because I thought the clocks of the two were not matching, but things got worse and I now get Kernel Panic more than once a day, I think I placed it in the bottom slot (having the computer upside-down).

welcome,

is the BIOS current ?

you should reset your BIOS and look if there's a difference !

did you look at the manufacture site, if the 4GB chip is even compatible with your Notebook ?

please list the specifications from your Notebook

CooSee ' Ya

The RAM could be faulty. You need to do a memory test using memtest or similar.It could be other reasons, see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127611

Check logs in "Console" (Applications/Utilities/Console)

And list your System specs & version of OS X.

EDIT And what CooSee is advising, we were obviously typing at the same time.......