6 replies to this topic

eRSz

eRSz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Anyone tried hackintoshing this model?
I have high hopes for this one, seeing as N310 has 100% compatibility on charts.
Any experiences?

resi.aT

resi.aT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Anyone tried hackintoshing this model?
I have high hopes for this one, seeing as N310 has 100% compatibility on charts.
Any experiences?

hi,
I'm thinking of getting one...
I can choose between a nf310, n510, x125 and a n150plus

Hope I get it next week.
I'll write an report about it..

aa13x

aa13x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Any updates? I just got the same laptop, and holy {censored} would it be awesome to have osx on this!

limini

limini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
The NF310 looks like an awesome machine. In comparison, the N310 can just barely handle video playback and Skype, and has terrible sound. But the N310 is like a single core version of a Mac Mini, so it's quite compatible with OS X out of the box. The NF310 uses GMA3150 graphics which isn't in any of the current Apple machines and so isn't supported natively. The GMA3150 is what most of the new netbooks are using.

There's some work being done (re:Melkort; what a champ!) to find a way to make these GMA3150 netbooks work with OS X and I think the current status is that it works without graphic acceleration; but the fact that it isn't natively supported means that it won't be able to take raw updates, and that complete solutions may be a while in coming, if ever. And they'll remain a hack (thru-hoop running req'd) unless of course Apple decides to cough up a machine using this chip.

So right now, you get to chose between great compatibility on a crappy machine, or crappy compatibility on a great machine. Though you never know how things will evolve...

aa13x

aa13x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the info. What are the chances that the new chip will be natively supported? What was the track record, or why did they use the last chipset?

limini

limini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Thanks for the info. What are the chances that the new chip will be natively supported? What was the track record, or why did they use the last chipset?

1. That's totally unknown.
2. The 945G chipset has been a very popular low cost Intel chipset with integrated graphics solution for smaller machines, for both Mac and PC. Not a great performer but perfectly adequate for light office work.

catodique

catodique

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hello

there is a problem with the wifi card.
Broadcom 4313.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy