[HOW TO] ATI HD 4350

ANARCHiNTOSH

74 posts in this topic

I want to say that this works FLAWLESSLY with Mac OS X Lion DP3 (with ATY_Init) and Mac OS X 10.6.2 for ATI Radeon HD 4350 on VGA. Thanks a lot for this guide :(

Switch to a DVI Screen if you're using a VGA. VGA-DVI Dongles, VGAs and HDMIs won't work with 10.6.7

The procedure for lion dp3?

Did you try dp4?

Only aATY_init kext?

thx!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for your guide. However, I can not get my 4350 to boot fully.

1. If I do install (NAWCOM bootloader plus retail dvd) with Chameleon 2 RC5 (790) and 10.6.7 update I can boot to a vesa 1024x768 desktop.

2. If I do (Number 1) plus follow your guide for (10.6.5/6), i get boot screen and spinning wheel and no boot

3. If I do (Number 2) plus add ATY_init and EVOenabler I get past the boot screen but i loose signal to monitor during boot to desktop

I use a DVI connection to monitor.

Thank you for any help you can give me to get this to work

Hello,

Thank you for your guide. However, I can not get my 4350 to boot fully.

1. If I do install (NAWCOM bootloader plus retail dvd) with Chameleon 2 RC5 (790) and 10.6.7 update I can boot to a vesa 1024x768 desktop.

2. If I do (Number 1) plus follow your guide for (10.6.5/6), i get boot screen and spinning wheel and no boot

3. If I do (Number 2) plus add ATY_init and EVOenabler I get past the boot screen but i loose signal to monitor during boot to desktop

I use a DVI connection to monitor.

Thank you for any help you can give me to get this to work

Try my framebuffer posted above. It works with ati 10.6.5 kexts so use them, atisupport ati4600, atiframb, and. Anarchintosh dummy. Support motmot vga dvi. Use rc5 chameleon (it load default motmot)

• 2 weeks later...

will this kext work with 10.6.8 installed via retail disk and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

• 3 weeks later...
ATI Radeon 4350

Guide for Snow Leopard

Helpful Information

Currently on 10.6.3 through 10.6.6 you will get a green apple () in top left of transparent menu bar instead of the standard black one () and some OpenGL issues. On 10.6.2 you will get the same OpenGL issues but no green apple.

10.6.5/6 provides the best performance for ATI4350, so use that if you can.

You must apply the OSX update before you go through the steps.

E/E stands for /Extra/Extensions/

S/L/E stands for /System/Library/Extensions/

You may find apple's combo updates useful.

To find a combo update, google "(your snow leopard version eg. 10.6.2) combo update"

How to update from different OSX versions

As an OSX86er i highly recommend you have two installations of OSX on your hackintosh.

Your main OSX installation that you use regularly, and a secondary installation for testing/rescue/updating.

This can be on a thumb drive or a separate partition or a different hardrive.

When you update your OSX, i recommend downloading the combo update and applying it from your secondary installation to your main installation. Then you can run through the guide steps. This helps to avoid complications.

How to do a fresh install of OSX with ATI4350 support

Again, i recommend setting up a secondary OSX installation before setting up a main OSX installation.

If your secondary installation will not boot, you can try using -x boot flag or this kext moving trick, to get it to boot into a {censored} graphics mode from which you can set up your main installation with full graphics support.

From your secondary installation, install to your main installation the retail disk, a combo update to 10.6.2, 10.6.3, 10.6.4 or 10.6.5 then apply the guide steps to your main installation. Do not boot into your main installation until you have done everything.

10.6.4 information

I strongly advise users to use 10.6.5/6, and if not 10.6.2 or 10.6.3.

10.6.4 method is a bit {censored}/confusing, but fully works.

You need to do the special steps below, then follow the other steps in this guide.

Special 10.6.4 Steps:

Replace all of 10.6.4's ati kexts that can be found in S/L/E with the ones from 10.6.3 S/L/E . By S/L/E ati kexts i mean all kexts whose filename begins with "ATI".

To make it easier for you, here are the 10.6.3 ATI kexts.

Do not install the "SnowLeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0" which appears in Software Update.

If you ever want to update from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5/6, you will need to replace the 10.6.3 ATI kexts with the 10.6.4 vanilla ati kexts before going through the guide.

Bootloaders:

For 10.6.2 / 10.6.3 / 10.6.4 install:

PC_EFI_10.6.zip OR Chameleon_2.0_RC4_V3.zip

It has been reported (but not guaranteed) that PC_EFI 10.6 works for DVI, while Chameleon RC4 works for VGA.

For 10.6.5/6 install the latest revision of Chameleon 2 RC5

i have only got it to work with DVI...

Kexts: (these only inject device-id into correct kexts)

Download ATI4350.Fix.MULTi.zip

For 10.6.2 add ATI4350.Fix.v0.kext and ATI4350.Fix.v1.kext to /E/E/

For 10.6.3 there are two methods

Method A:

add ATI4350.Fix.v1.kext to /E/E/

Method B: (might provide better graphics performance)

ignore the fix.kexts and install these kexts to /S/L/E/

zhongtaiyang_kexts_from_10.6.2_for_10.6.3.zip

For 10.6.4 add ATI4350.Fix.v1.kext to /E/E/

Also follow the special 10.6.4 steps mentioned before

For 10.6.5/6 add ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext to /E/E/

Add this flag to your com.apple.boot.plist: (Found in /Extra)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Open your boot.plist with Textwrangler, add flag and save it.

Download com.apple.boot.plist.zip for an example of how it should be added. (dont just put it in /Extra!)

Additional Necessary Steps:

For 10.6.5/6: it will not work if you have device-id in ATI4500Controller.kext (found in /S/L/E/)

Delete ATI4500Controller.kext

Optional Steps for 10.6.5/6: If you want to make extra sure that you have the right kexts, delete all kexts in S/L/E that begin with ATI... Then put these kexts into S/L/E.

For all OSX versions:

Delete /E/Extensions.mkext and /S/L/caches/com.apple.kext.caches

Download and install pfix if you don't already have it.

Open the OS X Terminal, type pfix, press enter, select your OSX installation drive and run it.

You have now fixed permissions and refreshed your kextcaches.

Reboot and enjoy!

Troubleshooting:

If you think you have messed up your S/L/E ati kexts, you can open the combo-update diskimages with Pacifist navigate to S/L/E in the disk image.

This lets you get the vanilla kexts from official OSX updates.

Also, try booting with ignore kextcaches flag -f. if this works run pfix as soon as you have booted into osx.

Can any of this work with OS X Lion???

Recently my graphics card had gone for replacement and in the meantime was using the onboard graphics. Also I installed OS X Lion 10.7 through Mac App Store. It installed and is running all successfully.

Now when I got my card replaced with a new one, I tested it on my OS X Lion by starting into verbose mode first with the card installed. The system booted all fine and reached my Lion desktop. After which I followed 2 tutorials, One from hackintosh site and another from tonymacosx86 site but with no results.

All I get is a mouse cursor on a grey screen and nothing more.... Please tell me a procedure that might actually work with Radeon HD4350 on OS X Lion.

• 2 months later...
will this kext work with 10.6.8 installed via retail disk and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]?

Hi Guys....from this topic started, i always trying many method, including this anarchintosh tutorial. well unfortunately, my card is not that easy enough with this tutorial, i always stuck...even i try changing version chameleon with recommended tutorials, but i dont have the best result and always stuck again. But Now, finally with 10.6.8 combo update, and kext files from Anarchintosh is really working with SL 10.6.8 and i can say it's accidentally happened to be success :))

my hardware,

mainboard : ASUS p5gc/mx1333

processor : intel core 2 duo 2 ghz

dram 2GB ddr

vga : i have a few including internal gma950 in motherboard, zotac nvidia 8400 GS 512 DDR3 and HIS ATI RADEON HD 4350 512 DDR2

my ati preview link is in here http://www.hisdigital.com/us/product2-392.shtml

I was install using SL 10.6 Retail Disk * which is comes from mac book pro

After that, i install 10.6.6 combo update >> apparently i was wanna try updating to Lion, but i always fail, i don't know why my lion file is first launch in mac store not a golden master edition.

to make sure again, i install [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 4.02 for lion, to make sure is it boot or not my lion but.... null - nothing happened :((

so, i stuck and i already installed [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 4.02 lion edition ---> yeah but i use it for my snow leopard :D

because frustrated, i never try how is 10.6.8 update works... how is my ATI now, is it still working or nope? well finally desperately i try change my bios to read PCI E first, and using ati. funny thing is, it is booting!!!! even without driver injection, ATY_INIT , etc. of course, only 1024x768 without acceleration.

then , i remember i still have anarchintosh files, ATI4350.Fix.2.kext

so i pick this file and copy it to /System/Library/Extensions folder to my macos system running. *yup i only copy it using finder, but of course we can not just copy.. then i run pfix on terminal, choose drive to scan and repair permissions, and after finish, reboot. and voila! i'm shocked!!!! it's working and my logo apple on top left is became green....

Thank you so much Anarchintosh, your file finally make my day using my mackintosh beautifull... the suck is, this ati is better than my zotac nvidia 8400 GS 512 mb DDR3 =))

i already testing it with vga ports, dvi, and hdmi , and it's all working flawlessly.

here is my preview :

99705872a1.jpg

78527a5083.jpg

5a705872a1.jpg

2d072f05d6.jpg

as you can see, i can change resolution into full hd 1080 :D hihihihi... i love my ATI now... more than ever...

i hope my accidental experience could help people who still love this graphics card

ATI4350 does not give you non-mirrored dual display :( I tried for a long time to sort this out, but there is no way i found. A cheap nVidia card will get you it.

anarchintosh thanks for your kexts, now i can use it with my SL 10.6.8 , every ports is working *except for audio hdmi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there..

may be its silly question...

but i wanna know that can i use the XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 with QE/CE support in mac OS X 10.6.7 or 10.6.8??

i got to working the full resolution support but not working the QE/CE part... :)

thnx....

my config is :

core i3

4gb ram corsair

ga-h61m-s2p-b3

ati radeon hd 4350

• 2 months later...

I also have an operating ATI Radeon HD 4350 thanx to the ATI.Fix.v2.kext.

This on a homebrew Mac with an Asus M4A78 mb, AMD Athlon2x 250 cpu, 2g DDR2 memory, iATKOS S3 v2 install updated through the OSX ComboUpdate to 10.6.8 with the 10.6.6 legacy_kernel installed. And the latest loader from Chameleon Wizard. Mine also looks exactly like Arikstress's images.

Hi Folks,

Following the instructions in this (and other) threads, I was able to get my system 99% working with 10.6.8, using an MSI HD 4350 video card. The last 1% is that the correct screen resolution is not available (1920x1080) and the apple in the top left corner is still green. Don't really care about the later, but can anyone offer help on how to fix the former?

Many thanks

ASUS P7H57D-V EVO

MSI HD 4350

i7-860

ATI Radeon 4350

Guide for Snow Leopard

Helpful Information

Currently on 10.6.3 through 10.6.6 you will get a green apple () in top left of transparent menu bar instead of the standard black one () and some OpenGL issues. On 10.6.2 you will get the same OpenGL issues but no green apple.

10.6.5/6 provides the best performance for ATI4350, so use that if you can.

You must apply the OSX update before you go through the steps.

E/E stands for /Extra/Extensions/

S/L/E stands for /System/Library/Extensions/

You may find apple's combo updates useful.

To find a combo update, google "(your snow leopard version eg. 10.6.2) combo update"

How to update from different OSX versions

As an OSX86er i highly recommend you have two installations of OSX on your hackintosh.

Your main OSX installation that you use regularly, and a secondary installation for testing/rescue/updating.

This can be on a thumb drive or a separate partition or a different hardrive.

When you update your OSX, i recommend downloading the combo update and applying it from your secondary installation to your main installation. Then you can run through the guide steps. This helps to avoid complications.

How to do a fresh install of OSX with ATI4350 support

Again, i recommend setting up a secondary OSX installation before setting up a main OSX installation.

If your secondary installation will not boot, you can try using -x boot flag or this kext moving trick, to get it to boot into a {censored} graphics mode from which you can set up your main installation with full graphics support.

From your secondary installation, install to your main installation the retail disk, a combo update to 10.6.2, 10.6.3, 10.6.4 or 10.6.5 then apply the guide steps to your main installation. Do not boot into your main installation until you have done everything.

10.6.4 information

I strongly advise users to use 10.6.5/6, and if not 10.6.2 or 10.6.3.

10.6.4 method is a bit {censored}/confusing, but fully works.

You need to do the special steps below, then follow the other steps in this guide.

Special 10.6.4 Steps:

Replace all of 10.6.4's ati kexts that can be found in S/L/E with the ones from 10.6.3 S/L/E . By S/L/E ati kexts i mean all kexts whose filename begins with "ATI".

To make it easier for you, here are the 10.6.3 ATI kexts.

Do not install the "SnowLeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0" which appears in Software Update.

If you ever want to update from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5/6, you will need to replace the 10.6.3 ATI kexts with the 10.6.4 vanilla ati kexts before going through the guide.

Bootloaders:

For 10.6.2 / 10.6.3 / 10.6.4 install:

PC_EFI_10.6.zip OR Chameleon_2.0_RC4_V3.zip

It has been reported (but not guaranteed) that PC_EFI 10.6 works for DVI, while Chameleon RC4 works for VGA.

For 10.6.5/6 install the latest revision of Chameleon 2 RC5

i have only got it to work with DVI...

Kexts: (these only inject device-id into correct kexts)

Download ATI4350.Fix.MULTi.zip

For 10.6.2 add ATI4350.Fix.v0.kext and ATI4350.Fix.v1.kext to /E/E/

For 10.6.3 there are two methods

Method A:

add ATI4350.Fix.v1.kext to /E/E/

Method B: (might provide better graphics performance)

ignore the fix.kexts and install these kexts to /S/L/E/

zhongtaiyang_kexts_from_10.6.2_for_10.6.3.zip

For 10.6.4 add ATI4350.Fix.v1.kext to /E/E/

Also follow the special 10.6.4 steps mentioned before

For 10.6.5/6 add ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext to /E/E/

Add this flag to your com.apple.boot.plist: (Found in /Extra)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Open your boot.plist with Textwrangler, add flag and save it.

Download com.apple.boot.plist.zip for an example of how it should be added. (dont just put it in /Extra!)

Additional Necessary Steps:

For 10.6.5/6: it will not work if you have device-id in ATI4500Controller.kext (found in /S/L/E/)

Delete ATI4500Controller.kext

Optional Steps for 10.6.5/6: If you want to make extra sure that you have the right kexts, delete all kexts in S/L/E that begin with ATI... Then put these kexts into S/L/E.

For all OSX versions:

Delete /E/Extensions.mkext and /S/L/caches/com.apple.kext.caches

Download and install pfix if you don't already have it.

Open the OS X Terminal, type pfix, press enter, select your OSX installation drive and run it.

You have now fixed permissions and refreshed your kextcaches.

Reboot and enjoy!

Troubleshooting:

If you think you have messed up your S/L/E ati kexts, you can open the combo-update diskimages with Pacifist navigate to S/L/E in the disk image.

This lets you get the vanilla kexts from official OSX updates.

Also, try booting with ignore kextcaches flag -f. if this works run pfix as soon as you have booted into osx.

Do you have any for an ATI Radeon HD 4250? That is my card I have in my laptop

• 2 months later...

I second Nick's question. I too have that card, the ATI Radeon HD 4250, and tried your guide but to no avail. I am currently using 10.6.8 amd I have forced my resolution throught the boot file in the Extra folder, but I can't run apps like Pixelmator or such.

Please help us with tips to get this card working too :)

Later edit: I added the -f flag during boot so that the caches could be rebuilt and I get this message repeatedly, however it doesn't seem to affect the boot at all:

RadeonMonitor: 9712 Radeonchip detected

RadeonMonitor: unknownID

• 3 weeks later...

added devid to ATI4600.kext, ...didnt set GraphicEnabler and ncpi options. Got diplay card detecting 1080p and set overscan ..........my 4350 works goods! except the Only problem that is infamous Green Apple,......plz suggest how can i remove it?

if anybody knows how to get rid of this OpenGL issue, plz do share!

also how to check qe/ci is working or not?

added devid to ATI4600.kext, ...didnt set GraphicEnabler and ncpi options. Got diplay card detecting 1080p and set overscan ..........my 4350 works goods! except the Only problem that is infamous Green Apple,......plz suggest how can i remove it?

if anybody knows how to get rid of this OpenGL issue, plz do share!

also how to check qe/ci i

s working or not?

try removeing traslucient bar option in system preference

• 1 month later...

I tried that file but no go, it did not work, chess halt my pc, and dvd player quit with error message and not the one about con't find video card.

I then install iAKTOS L2 10.7.2 but this file also did not work. but when i added my card ID to ati4600, i was able to change resolution of my monitor. but in ML DP4 i had to add my IODisplayEDID manually.

Can you suggest a good solution for this card?

-like default installed of ML Dp4 10.8.0

-which version of chameleon 2.1 to use and how to configure it, what framebuffer to use?

-which smbios to use imac10,1 or imac8,1 or imac3,1 ... ?

-which port on my video card to use (vga,dvi, dvi-vga-dongle) ?

With 10.7.x all you have to do is to add your card DEV & VEN ID to ATI4600*

but this will not help you get DVD Player and chess to work.

i will make a new post for help on this.

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I have a HP ProBook 4720s with a ATI RADEON HD 4350 (530v) 1002 0x9555 

I install Hazard Mountain Lion without any problem. ALL works fine (wifi, usb, sound ...) execpt QE/CI   .... !

I read all tutorial but there no solution that work. But I'm sure that is possible !

Anyone can help me  ?

Thanks !

• 8 months later...

Kinda sad to see that you never received an answer on this. I'm on mavericks and my msi ati radeon hd 4350 512mb isn't recognized at all (3mb) is all I get. I'm a newb but from what I've read it sounds like you either need to use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to enable 1080p. You can also specify resolution by editing a file in the extra folder I believe... I think add a couple strings in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. Located in extra folder. Same directory as applications, library, system, users etc... Sorry, I'm not very well versed in OS X let alone hackintoshes. If anyone has pointers on getting my 4350 running on 10.9.4 it would be greatly appreciated. :)

• 1 month later...

Yosemite was released...

I enabled drivers for ATI-4350 by editing Info.plists of AMD4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and adding to IOPCIMatch key few new values 0x95531002 and 0x954F1002

But if I open applications developed with OpenCL or OpenGL usage OS-X freezes and available only mouse. (eg. Chess, ...)

Could someone confirm that exists possibility to configure ATI Radeon-4350 with OpenCL & OpenGL support ?

PS: MB- intel DH67GD, i5 2300, ATI-4350, OS-X 10.10, Chameleon