[HOW TO] ATI HD 4350

ANARCHiNTOSH

74 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a strange problem. I managed to get my Hackintosh working without any problems except the ATI card. Then I found this thread and tried it. Unfortunately I'm not able to run 10.6.5 due to AMD Athlon Kernel problems. So I tried 10.6.3. I installed 10.6, then combo update to 10.6.3, downloaded kexts from chinese guy, installed them with kext helper b7, installed Chameleon 2 RC4 (for DVI) and rebooted. And my system stucks at the start of the gui now. That means my text is: Waiting for DSMOS... Something with my mac adressese and then the ACPI Timeout thing and then nothing. Nothing happens when the gui starts normally. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanky you

man24

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, I'm german.

Hey guys,

I have a strange problem. I managed to get my Hackintosh working without any problems except the ATI card. Then I found this thread and tried it. Unfortunately I'm not able to run 10.6.5 due to AMD Athlon Kernel problems. So I tried 10.6.3. I installed 10.6, then combo update to 10.6.3, downloaded kexts from chinese guy, installed them with kext helper b7, installed Chameleon 2 RC4 (for DVI) and rebooted. And my system stucks at the start of the gui now. That means my text is: Waiting for DSMOS... Something with my mac adressese and then the ACPI Timeout thing and then nothing. Nothing happens when the gui starts normally. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanky you

man24

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, I'm german.

i think it's better to use KextUtitly since it repair permission after it install kext. You can view my post (above your post) how i had mine to work. http://www.kexts.com/view/447-kext_utility...ow_leopard.html

you can download all files from post #1 for ATI4350

@loganMac:

That is the same as i did. No Success.

My Hardware:

Core I3-540

MSI H55M-E23

4GB DDR3-1066

128GB Corsair SSD

OSX 10.6.5 retail

Works great with my old GeForce 9500GT.

But I need true HD Audio over HDMI.

I also patched the Kexts for the internal I3 GFX.

On normal boot, the Bootscreen stays on(Apple and rotating Wheel) but OSX boot to complete.

On -V boot, after the last line of the Textlog stays on but OSX boot to complete. As with any other bootarg.

I dont know if the i5 and the i3 internal GFX is the same.

Kaltenbecher

• Like 1

i think it's better to use KextUtitly since it repair permission after it install kext. You can view my post (above your post) how i had mine to work. http://www.kexts.com/view/447-kext_utility...ow_leopard.html

4. copy & paste ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext to E/E

5. using KextUtility to install ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext

Does that mean that you copied ATI4350 Fix to E/E and that you also installed it to /S/L/E?

4. copy & paste ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext to E/E

5. using KextUtility to install ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext

Does that mean that you copied ATI4350 Fix to E/E and that you also installed it to /S/L/E?

i just do a fresh install and you don't need to copy to E/E. If you have it in your desktop, thumb drive, or cd, you can just drag it to Kext Utility.

Ok I installed 10.6.5 Chameleon 2 RC5 r643 and a kernel for my amd. I also deleted all ATI Kexts and installed the vanilla. I put the ATI Fix to E/E then. But now the surprise, no DSMOS arrived as mentioned in my post before. This is really annoying and I don't know how to fix this!

imo, pfix is better.

just treat all kexts as you would any other file, and then run pfix at the end

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R motherboard and an HIS ATI 4350 video card. I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.5 using the retail method and files from this post. Then I installed ANARCHiNTOSH kexts but after boot I get a black screen while the system continues to load. If I remove all ATI kexts i can boot in Snow Leopard with 1440 x 900 resolution. Can someone help me with a solution?

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R motherboard and an HIS ATI 4350 video card. I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.5 using the retail method and files from this post. Then I installed ANARCHiNTOSH kexts but after boot I get a black screen while the system continues to load. If I remove all ATI kexts i can boot in Snow Leopard with 1440 x 900 resolution. Can someone help me with a solution?

this what i did. ANARCHiNTOSH prefer pfix but since i don't know how to use, i use KextUtility

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1606344

Hi u all,

i tried everything to get my Sapphire 4350 1GB to work, but no success.

From Screengarbage to "No Signal" i get it all but no Desktop, no QE and no CI.

I used the VGA Output.

Are there any ATI Card that works complete ootb, with all Outputs and HDSound via HDMI?

Kaltenbecher

I have a Sapphire 4350 and got it to work (1920x1080 with QE/CI) via DVI in 10.6.4 using the guide. (Correction: I have the 512mb version of the Sapphire 4350) I had issues with video in Itunes and gave up on it. I'm now using an ASUS 8400 GS. It's works OOB with 10.6.5

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16814121360

@everyone

10.6.6 is totally safe to install. (in regard to ATI4350)

For ATI4350 it is exactly the same as 10.6.5.

if you have ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext installed you can just install the update, provided your other hardware is alright with the update. (10.6.6 barely changes anything apart from new lame App Store, so its probably fine)

For my card the only way for have change res and qe/ci on 10.6.5 is to backup my ati4500contr, atiframebuffer, atsupport of 10.6.2 kexts (using injecting for ati4500contr kext). I have seen that after boot appears the normal blue screen and then it change becoming more dark. if I remove atiradeonx2000 the monitor appears dark immediately. strange thing blink.gif . the matter is that my card is not compatible with ati4600contr. every black screen. maybe someone has trying others framebuffer? maybe modifing boot file source? motmot not sounds good for me...

If anyone hate like me the green apple I will say you can remove it unchecking the translucient bar in desktop preferences

I installed ATI HD4350 Successfully:

- Install Iatkos S3 v2

- update 10.6.5 combo update

- Bootloaders : Chameleon from Iatkos S3v2 installer or install Chameleon.693.zip

- add ATI4350.Fix.v2.kext to /E/E/

- Add this flag to your com.apple.boot.plist: (Found in /Extra) with GraphicsEnabler Yes

- Delete ATI4500Controller.kext in S/L/E

- Run pfix

Its run well on dual display as mirror on VGA and DVI or HDMI

But I want to get dual display NOT as mirror, so independent display1 (VGA) and display2 (HDMI), ANARCHiNTOSH, can you help me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
But I want to get dual display NOT as mirror, so independent display1 (VGA) and display2 (HDMI), ANARCHiNTOSH, can you help me?

ATI4350 does not give you non-mirrored dual display :D I tried for a long time to sort this out, but there is no way i found. A cheap nVidia card will get you it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually on 10.6.6 I tried all ways but i still can't get it;

There is NO WAY to use the 4600controller every time i Try to use it (injection or direct editing) i'm stuck at the boot page with the White Rolling Wheel moving forever.

I've tried with a Kext found over kexts.com called RadeonHD.kext it actually works with many resolution But i still can't get any QI\QE and can't play any video.

I don't know how to do. I'm really desperate.

Hi Anarchintosh, I tried a lot of the methods described that I found to install my new Gygabite ATI 4550 card, but without success, and I have observed that the card is recognized as 0x95521002 (meaning Mobile M92 HD 4350). This PID is included in info.plist of ATIX2000Controller.kext but not recognized at all. Though, is working at highest resolution supported by my monitor 1280x1024, unfortunately without QE/CI. Any suggestions? Thank you for your full effort in solving the problems for this stubborn cards. :wacko:

Hi guys!

I've a mobility 4570 card, I've activated QE/CI but I've the green apple bug. Is there any way to fix it? (I can't use 10.6.2 kexts) Do you know why it happens?

I tried again without luck. With ATI kexts i get black screen, without ATI kexts i boot SL at 1440x1050 resolution without QE/CI. What I do wrong? I really want my card running in SL

You must try another Frambuffer or edit one for your graphic card. Look at bcc9's post.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for this guide.

I installed OSX 10.6.7 on Acer Aspire x3812 with HD4350, but although I followed the guide was not able to install it.

I tried to install ATI4350.Fix.v2, I deleted it and run ATI4500Controller.kext pfix.

Restarted but once finished loading the screen goes off.

Can you help me please?

Thank you and sorry for the bad english

• 1 month later...

I want to say that this works FLAWLESSLY with Mac OS X Lion DP3 (with ATY_Init) and Mac OS X 10.6.2 for ATI Radeon HD 4350 on VGA. Thanks a lot for this guide :)

Hi, thank you for this guide.

I installed OSX 10.6.7 on Acer Aspire x3812 with HD4350, but although I followed the guide was not able to install it.

I tried to install ATI4350.Fix.v2, I deleted it and run ATI4500Controller.kext pfix.

Restarted but once finished loading the screen goes off.

Can you help me please?

Thank you and sorry for the bad english

Switch to a DVI Screen if you're using a VGA. VGA-DVI Dongles, VGAs and HDMIs won't work with 10.6.7

added support for dual display on dvi/vga (not hdmi) :P

atiframebuffer 10.6.5. ATIFramebuffer.kext.zip

this atiframebuffer works well with motmot and peregrine (rc4 & rc5 bootloaders)

If you have problems with second display, try change res, freq, and finally try to connect only dvi monitor before boot then connect also the second one. (there are some issue to fix)

If you have latest update don't forget to install 10.6.5's atisupport and ati4600controller.

I will add 10.6.8 framebuffer as soon as possible