• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

dellsguy67

dellsguy67

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i own an HP nc8000 w/ a broadcom bcm4311 card (4319 in lspci) and i have tried everything w/ no luck. running 10.5.4

arrakis9001

arrakis9001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
which plist file do i edit and do i have to use the iatkos again and use the disk utility to fix permissions? i have no idea how to

lostat22

lostat22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I recently installed Jas 10.5.4 on a Dell Inspiron 8500 SSE2. I installed Jas 10.4.6 prior to this release and noticed my wireless card worked without issues. This release is showing a major struggle w/ making the wireless work. I have tried numerous attempts, but am still without wireless. Ethernet works perfect and is recognized properly. I have used osx86 tools to find out it is a broadcom bcm4306 card. I have tried the bcm_xx script update located on here and noticed that when running the script in terminal, it states that it cannot find the broadcom kext in the io80211 family kext. The script looks like it installs, but upon reboot there is no difference. In all of my attempts, I somehow found that it looks as though the OS is recognizing my card as an atheros card. I have tried multiple solutions including taking the io80211 kext from the 10.4.6 disc and replacing it in 10.5.4, but to no avail. I have read multiple threads, but nothing that seems to point to my theory that an atheros driver was somehow installed instead of a broadcom driver. maybe i am wrong, but I think that is my problem. I reinstalled the 10.5.4 release from scratch and made sure to only select the broadcom driver at custom install. Still no joy.... ANY HELP WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!!
Thanks,
B.

LeoTheLion89

LeoTheLion89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
i cant get this working i followed the steps the Device ID of my Broadcom BCM94311MCG is 0x4311 Vendor ID is: 0x14e4 PCI slot is 1,0,0 subsystem Vendor ID is: 0x103c subsystem ID is: 0x1363 and the revision ID is 0x0001 please help

oddozzo

oddozzo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello Everybody!
Can Anyone help me to configure my broadcom bcm43225 ? i've tried this guide but it seems it does not work for me. the vendor id is 14e4 dev id 4357. I've already put the correct line in both the AppleAirPortBrcm43.... files.
Any suggest?
Thanks.

Bobert01

Bobert01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

After completeing all instructions to the letter, I got my BCM 4318 to recognise teh wireless network, but it can't access the web. :censored2:

I did the optional stuff in the networkinterface.plist but it keeps resetting back to en0 after reboot

any thoughts?

same problem and ontop of that i get that i cannot use the extension as it wasnt installed properly :/ any update on this now possibly old ish thread please, awesome work btw

thanks for anything anyone can do .

achechet

achechet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Have you or anybody test it with broadcom 4313 0x4727?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy