146 replies to this topic

fffa

fffa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Dell Wireless Truemobile 1505 worked OOTB on my Dell Lappy

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone knows why my wireless is not detected in my Leopard 10.5.1 which is a Dell Turemobile 1390 Card and I can read its pci id 4315 in WinXP. I have a XPS m1530 Laptop. I need your help now. Thanks so much! And there is even no en0 or en1 in my NetworkInterfaces.plist since I cannot drive my Ethernet card.
Thanks in tons !!!

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Did you follow the first post guide?

Because your device id is not in the latest IO80211Family.kext

fffa

fffa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Did you follow the first post guide?

Because your device id is not in the latest IO80211Family.kext

I modified the IO80211 kext and add 4315 in the kext however nothing happens. And there are even no en0 or en1 choices for me to modify in NetworkInterfences...

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Did you try to load the kext manually?

Does it work on Windows?

In which slot is the card, WLAN or WWAN?

deathcab

deathcab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
posted on the dell xps thread, but also wanted to post here. praying to find a solution.

i have a dell xps m1330 with a successful kalyway 10.5.1 install. problem is, wifi will NOT work. the card i have is the dell 1490 card. i checked the kexts and did NOT have the IO802.11family.kext file when installed for some reason, uninstalled / reinstalled 4 times, still didnt work. so i think downloaded the file, and installed it, yet still not working. most people say this card works OTB so i am very confused, and sad i cannot make it work. ANY advice would be awsome. i dont want to have to go back to vista full time :(

zeotrope

zeotrope

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the tutorial.
I got my Dell Truemobile Wireless 1450 1470 (Broadcom) VEN 14E4, DEV 4324 working on a dell d600 running 10.4.8
Found it on ebay for 15$ =)

@irBOrNE

@irBOrNE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi all unfortuantely I am having problems with a new Dell TrueMobile 1400 (Broadcom BCM4309MP) on a Dell D600. I've added the <string>pci14e4,4309</string> to the IO80211Family.kext in the appropriate spot, and also tried modifying the NetworkInterfaces.plist with en0, en1, & en2 each time with no luck. Repaired permissions, multiple reboots. Not detecting wireless card. It works in Windows XP and I've made sure it's enabled in BIOS, but still no luck. Been spending hours reading through forums on this, does anyone have any ideas/steps to share they did with this exact card (or similar) to get it to work? Would be highly grateful. This is on a Kalyway 10.5.2 install.

EDIT: and BTW, yes I definitely followed all steps on the first post on the tutorial as well as searched MANY other forums about this and finally am posting . I'm wondering if there is maybe a different method that needs to be followed in Leopard vs. Tiger?

@irBOrNE

@irBOrNE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
FYI, I've added this post to a more specific forum topic I found about this exact matter. If anyone has any ideas and sees this, please reply to the following forum link. Many thanks for supporting the communitiy and sharing your steps to success!
http://forum.insanel...mp;#entry784871

morphin999

morphin999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Two questions. Hope some experts could help me.

1. How to figure out device ID for my wirelss card?

2. I am not able to find the NetworkInterfacte. plist in the /Library/Preference folder. Where can I get a copy of it? Thanks.

essex

essex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok i don't have this file:
sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

i reccon its a problem because my wireless still isn't workig :)

makaveli0129

makaveli0129

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Broadcom Wireless Tutorial

Kext Used
The kext used for this tutorial is the IO80211Family.kext. This kext needs to be put into /System/Library/Extensions/ if it is not already there.

Entering your device ID

• Make a backup of IO80211Family.kext
  • Edit the .plist file
  • Once editing the plist navigate to the area where you see
  • Add a line with dev id (in place of XXXX)
Setting Permissions
  • Type these commands into terminal
Final touches (Optional)
  • edit the interface config in order to use the airport utility instead of istumbler.
  • swap the en0 with en1 for that device.
  • Run disk util and repair perms
  • Please note that you may need to change the number to en2 if you have 2 onbaord pci lan cards.
Sometimes your network card is already configured as an airport device and you do not need to swap the en #

I have a linksys wpc600n broadcom chipset but above where it says "Add a line with dev id (in place of XXXX)"

don't know where to find the dev id any help would be apprieciated

Bummskopf

Bummskopf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I've got a problem connecting to my home network, but with the AirPort configuration program i succeeded in creating a WLAN network which is "seen" by my notebook, which is running windows vista.

Network Card: Netgear WN311B (PCI)
Router: Netgear DG834NB
Security options:
MAC Filter (this shouldn't be the Problem, cause with windows vista, which is also installed on my computer i can connect easily to this network)
Mac OSX 10.5.5 (iDeneb v1.3 release) also shows the same MAC Adress for the network device as windows vista does.
WPA/WPA2 personal combination mode.

I followed the guide and added "<string>pci14e4, 4329</string>" to the kext file (this is what vista shows me in the device manager). The only problem was that i got an error while setting the permissions...

thanks for help, lg Bummskopf

Edit: after trying to access a network with my old router the zyxel prestige 660hw with no security options at all, i found out that it is working with it.
then i tried again with the netgear router, now with ssid broadcasting activated, the result was that i can see the network but not connect. Cause of this reason i removed the MAC Adress Filter, but it did not work (not a surprise).
This brought me to the conclusion that it is the WPA/WPA2 personal combination mode...
Does somebody know how i can access en encrypted network like this with Mac OS X?^^
Another question: when i was connected to the old zyxel router my network utility said that the standards a,b,g are supported, is this because it is this router? (this router does not support n draft, but my card WN311B does) i read about that in another thread but i cant find it anymore.

Smo3

Smo3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hello,
I have one big problem :shock: I have Broadcom BCM4328 wireless card, but I cant connect to any network, I cant even see any network... What should I do now? Maybe someone have solution? :/

System Profiler says:
AirPort Card Information:

Wireless Card Type:	AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x88)
  Wireless Card Locale:	USA
  Wireless Card Firmware Version:	Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (4.170.25.8)
  Current Wireless Network:	wireless network not available

the.delro

the.delro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Also a Compaq C5xx user here. (C552US)

I am annoyed that the wi-fi does not work even if it's the same model as the one from the airport card!

salty Zebra

salty Zebra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:computers
thank you help a lot

steve19137

steve19137

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
im using the ideneb distro of leopard, and when i get to the part where it says to execute

"kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions",

it will sit for a second, then say

"kextcache: /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/com.apple.kext.info.vV2Z - Permission denied"

so, whats with that? how do i fix it?

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
i cant seem to get my broadcom 4322 recognised by osx. it doesnt show up as airport. Ive edited the kext file to include <string>pci14e4,4322</string>
im on retail 10.5.7.
please help

Robert49

Robert49

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how come i go into the termanal, type sudo su enter the password type cd/system/library/extensions and it says this folder or something dosent exist???? because i dont have a damn clue and i really want internet like now

soapdude

soapdude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry, but i followed the tutorial with perfect success and i still am not able to set up my internet. I go to Network Diagnostics and It says all the things failed on the left. And i don't even understand the Network tab in System Config. Please help. I am running iATKOS v7 on an NV Series Gateway computer with a Broadcom Ethernet Card with a Dev ID of 1698.

Sorry, but i followed the tutorial with perfect success and i still am not able to set up my internet. I go to Network Diagnostics and It says all the things failed on the left. And i don't even understand the Network tab in System Config. Please help. I am running iATKOS v7 on an NV Series Gateway computer with a Broadcom Ethernet Card with a Dev ID of 1698.

Bobert01

Bobert01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

i think your problem is that this is for wireless m8, though i could be wrong ive not read everything but i looked at the title an it says quote "Replying to Simple Broadcom Wirless Tutorial"

thing is ive followed this to a T and got nothing out of it ;) going for a new card . unless of course someone can post me a kext file from their working system please do so if you got yours working .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy