The kext used for this tutorial is the IO80211Family.kext. This kext needs to be put into /System/Library/Extensions/ if it is not already there.
Entering your device ID
- Make a backup of IO80211Family.kext
- Edit the .plist file
sudo nano /IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- Once editing the plist navigate to the area where you see
- Add a line with dev id (in place of XXXX)
- Type these commands into terminal
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions
Final touches (Optional)
- edit the interface config in order to use the airport utility instead of istumbler.
sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
- swap the en0 with en1 for that device.
- Run disk util and repair perms
- Please note that you may need to change the number to en2 if you have 2 onbaord pci lan cards.