Snow Leopard install on LANPARTY DK X58-T3eH6 HELP Please

3BABY

37 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

so ive finally decided to make the chance to OSX and am wanting to turn my current setup into a genuine fake MacPro..

my current setup is: i7 920, Lanparty DK X58-T3eH6 mainboard, HD4550 & 8400GS Graphics cards, 6gb ram.

i have a mac book pro im using aswell (my sisters.. and im NOT allowed to break it..).. ive restored the SL DVD.dmg onto a external HDD, ive installed Chameleon and run it.. now this is where im confised.. i dont know how to create the correct kexts and DSDT for my hardware.. ive been following this P6T thread : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189052 but as you can see i dont have a P6T so ive got stuck at the DSDT kext files.. please see below for more information .. any help would be much appricated.. im very new to OSX and have been searching for the past two days on how to do this.. ive downloaded kext maker, kext utility, DSDT patcher.. but dont know how to use them.. do you need to use them in OSX on the hardware you intend on using? what do i need to do/add to the external HDD to make it boot on my harware?.. how is this all BIOS specific?

1) What BIOS version are you using?

– I am using the latest D908 from the website.

2) Do you have a (patched) dsdt.dsl? - not i dont know how..

3) What boot loader are you using?

– Chameleon ?

4) Have you AHCI enabled in the BIOS?

– I have SATA Configuration set to AHCI

5) What brand/type of hard drive/DVD (interfact SATA/IDE) do you have?

– using 1 (one) IBM xSeries 80GB SATA HDD

6) RAID or non RAID installation?

– non-RAID installation.

7) Mouse/keyboard type (USB/PS2).

– Im using apple keyboard, microsoft mouse through a KVM

once again any help or direction on how to create install the kexts and DSDT to my external hdd would be great..

Why a fake Mac Pro? Why not a PC that runs OS X?

Will answer:

Ignore not current anymore. Its the method suited for you doing an install out of an already running OS X

Prepare your disk first, and get OS X Snow Leopard and Chameleon installed. Use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] in the Mac Pro and customize to install on the target drive. (the drive that will use with your DFI.

Your completed install should have all the goods in the green check except mkext that will need to be built when your up and running. Your DSDT can be built in Windows and edit some important fix's Click here for easy use

pic.gif

picb.gif

Hint, get all your pieces together then try

You can simply create the Extra folder directory Manually using the attached drive(the one thats going in the DFI) on the Mac Pro, just like your making a simply folder (nothing special) Extra/Extensions. Yes, drag and drop your files its simple don't make it complicated.

Hint your "boot" is hidden use this "SHOW ALL FILES" to unhide it found at kext.comHERE de link under downloads Tools. Your graphics should run easily with the right string in your com.apple.Boot.plis

Clarifying that your DSDT is placed in the root: C/ or primary (drag and drop also)

Ok, have fun and don't give up.

Why a fake Mac Pro? Why not a PC that runs OS X?

Well yeah i guess your right.. a PC with macOS :-)

Prepare your disk first, and get OS X Snow Leopard and Chameleon installed. Use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] in the Mac Pro and customize to install on the target drive. (the drive that will use with your DFI.

So ive restored the SL disc image to my harddrive, installed Chameleon, and got up to installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].. but as you can see below the install fails.. i went through and chose the selected tickbox's and changed install location to my external HDD.. then click install, it goes through writing files, etc then fails, as you can see from the screenshots in my external it has the following files after the fail..

what to do now?

92163035.jpg

83352135.jpg

83464400.jpg

Your DSDT can be built in Windows and edit some important fix's Click here for easy use

i dont quite understand this .. or the below.. could you please clarify.. im a real noob sorry..

Hint, get all your pieces together then try

You can simply create the Extra folder directory Manually using the attached drive(the one thats going in the DFI) on the Mac Pro, just like your making a simply folder (nothing special) Extra/Extensions. Yes, drag and drop your files its simple don't make it complicated.

Hint your "boot" is hidden use this "SHOW ALL FILES" to unhide it found at kext.comHERE de link under downloads Tools. Your graphics should run easily with the right string in your com.apple.Boot.plis

Clarifying that your DSDT is placed in the root: C/ or primary (drag and drop also)

thanks for your help.. i appricate it :-)

With the Mac Pro stick in the disc or disc image

osx65a.jpg

Unhide using "Show All Files"

osx65b.jpg

Go to this "System"

osx65c.jpg

Choose this in the inside the "system" folder

osx65ca.jpg

osx65d.jpg

Choose customize and then also install to correct target drive choosing only whats in the pic.

customize.jpg

Post with outcome...

Post with outcome...

Ok so.. installed "show all files" navagated to OSinstall.mpkg... (my dir was slightly different though.. system\installation\packages\..) ran OSinstall.mpkg to my HDD .. took about 7mins to run.. installation successful.. plugd SATA HDD back into DFI system.. hangs at grey screen with apple logo, wheel turning but no HDD activity..

When at the Chameleon screen type in -v -x then enter and see where the install hangs.

Hope your using the Nvidia sense its best for SL

If you can take a snap shot of your Extras and post your lines of content on your com.apple.Boot.plist

EXAMPLE BELOW

<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>busratio=20</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

</dict>

Kernal Flag is a must with busratio=20 or it will not work

ok so i changed the com.apple.boot.plist to this (below) and it hangs at the below screen shot.. as you can see the screen resolution has changed..

any advice?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"

"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>busratio=20</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

screeny6.jpg

Missing kext: (go to kext.com)

AHCIPortInjector.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

Go to kext.com to find

these and also look up your graphics 8400GS to get a working known method. You, need to get the correct kext in the S/L/E and insert the cards ID in most cases, or look for an NVenabler

com.apple.Boot.plist

<string>busratio=20 -x -v</string> (change it when you actually get on to the desktop later)

You have patched your DSDT?

Missing kext: (go to kext.com)

AHCIPortInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

Go to kext.com to find

these and also look up your graphics 8400GS to get a working known method. You, need to get the correct kext in the S/L/E and insert the cards ID in most cases, or look for an NVenabler

com.apple.Boot.plist

<string>busratio=20 -x -v</string> (change it when you actually get on to the desktop later)

You have patched your DSDT?

Thanks :-) ill go find all those kexts.. do you have to use kextool to rebuild the extensions.mkext?

i havent patched DSDT.. im not sure exactly what DSDT is (even with abit of research) or how to patch it..

thanks again

ok ive edited the com.apple.Boot.plist

ive found the kexts and put them in System\Library\Extensions on my external HDD... but im having trouble with kextutility.. when i go to drop the extensions folder ontop of the kextutility icon nothing happens..

still working on the 8400GS.. can i use EFI_Studio?.. or does that have to be run from inside the OS?

thanks

AHCIPortInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

You have to patch it. When you use Chameleon the DSDT is what talks to your Hardware (CPU, I/O stuff) if you don't have it placed OS X will not work unless you compensate some other way. Seriously won't even know how to run your CPU. Must find one for your motherboard make, model, rev.

Making it isn't hard just extract and patch and research the ones you need to get it working. Tonymac has a tutorial on his site.

These go in the Extra/Extensions folder

did the ethernet worked for you with the retail version?

@Hangten

i dont can find this kexts.

Yes, my ethernet has always worked with 10.6.0 - 5 with use of IONetworkingFamily.kext in the Extra/Extensions

Edited by Hangten

AHCIPortInjector.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

These go in the Extra/Extensions folder

ok ive moved them to the Extra\Esxtensions folder... but i dont know how to set permissions on Extensions.mkext?

also what do i need to patch DSDT?

sorry for all the questions im a little lost now..but ive been through google, forums etc and cant seem to get any answers on how to do this out of the OS.. im lost to how to get the 8400GS working aswell.. but researching..

thanks

Extensions.mkext not needed. Its used once you get up and running as a cache for the kext that are being used

I don't use it at all on a fresh install.

Ah ok.. so how do i go about patching DSDT from outside of the OS?

ive plugd the HDD back into my DFI and it hangs at the screenys below.. does this mean OpenHaltRestart.kext is not working? what is com.apple.driver.AppleRTC?

screeny8.jpg

screeny9.jpg

Well you can try google and search if someone with your board has posted it for download or start from scratch.

Get Windows installed and do it.

If you need to reformat and install it remember to change to drive back to MBR fat32 then windows can reformat and install.

Then do your work and have the stuff ready on the Mac Pro to put it back.

Shouldn't take long considering you can download the windows patcher already and transfer it over.

Don't give up its great practice... mention to get all the pieces first then try

Well you can try google and search if someone with your board has posted it for download or start from scratch.

Get Windows installed and do it.

If you need to reformat and install it remember to change to drive back to MBR fat32 then windows can reformat and install.

Then do your work and have the stuff ready on the Mac Pro to put it back.

Shouldn't take long considering you can download the windows patcher already and transfer it over.

Don't give up its great practice... mention to get all the pieces first then try

I have windows 7 installed on another HDD.. for the DFI system, ive been trough google and noone has the DSDT for this DFI board, what i dont understand is how do i pull out the code? i cant find a windows patcher on any forums or search function?

this is starting to get ridiculously difficult..

Download: (last updated on 01/Nov/2010)

Mac OS: DSDTEditor.zip ( 898.04K ) Number of downloads: 649

Linux and Windows: DSDTEditor_Linux_Mac_Win.zip ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 276

Scroll a tinybit and you run into Download

LOL your complaining ha, common its fun to be challenged. Its a Hackintosh!

Nah, when your up and running it will all be worth it. You, can do it

Download: (last updated on 01/Nov/2010)

Mac OS: DSDTEditor.zip ( 898.04K ) Number of downloads: 649

Linux and Windows: DSDTEditor_Linux_Mac_Win.zip ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 276

Scroll a tinybit and you run into Download

LOL your complaining ha, common its fun to be challenged. Its a Hackintosh!

Nah, when your up and running it will all be worth it. You, can do it

LOL no not complaining.. my brain is just swollen with information.. haha ok so ive managed to get the DSDT out of the machine... now what parts do i need to change, or what is the objective? am i giving hardware different addresses?

i mean.. what is the plan forward.. were stuck at the screeny a few posts above.. what is the reason for this hang?.. why is the dsdt important at this point to be changed? sorry im just tryna put a picture together of how everything effects everything..

111miq.jpg

DTGP

WAK

RTC

HPET

AHCI SATA orange

Look up what your sound codec is ALC8xx i bet. Should be in your specs or look up on Newegg.com by finding your board should say. You can do this later its not needed to get started but you can look up HDAaudio

This should get you unstuck sense OS X can communicate with your motherboard or logic board. You see Mac's don't have a BIOS. Mac's use EFI in place of a BIOS so we are basically using something that translate to the motherboard what commands OS X is telling the Hardware what to do. Chameleon and the DSDT is just like the interpreter .

If you want detail

Chameleon

Every detail about Chameleon

This should get you unstuck sense OS X can communicate with your motherboard or logic board. You see Mac's don't have a BIOS. Mac's use EFI in place of a BIOS so we are basically using something that translate to the motherboard what commands OS X is telling the Hardware what to do. Chameleon and the DSDT is just like the interpreter .

Awesome!! thankyou very much for clearing that up for me.. ill do some work and be sure to post back my results.. :-)

DTGP

WAK

RTC

HPET

AHCI SATA orange

ok so ive managed to get out my DFI DSDT (please see here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S05DX3DK ).. with DSDT Editor.. i had to add .aml on the end of the file for it to load though.. it this normal?

So..

HPET .. ive found this on line 5306 .. this from research allows you to use native apple cpu management?

RTC i found on line 5360.. Real Time Clock

_WAK .. line 534.. i dont know what this stands for or does?

DTGP & ANCH SATA orange i cant find?

ok so im gana attempt to fix the RTC code first..

Original Code:

Device (RTC)
				{
					Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
					Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()
					{
						IO (Decode16,
							0x0070,			 // Range Minimum
							0x0070,			 // Range Maximum
							0x00,			   // Alignment
							0x04,			   // Length
							)
						IRQNoFlags ()
							{8}
					})
					Name (ATT1, ResourceTemplate ()
					{
						IO (Decode16,
							0x00,			   // Alignment
							0x04,			   // Length
							)
					})
					Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						If (LGreaterEqual (OSFX, 0x03))
						{
							If (HPTF)
							{
								Return (ATT1)
							}
							Else
							{
								Return (ATT0)
							}
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (ATT0)
						}
					}
				}

Wil be fixed to: ..... please let me know if im doing something wrong..

Device (RTC)
				  {
					  Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
					  Name (ATT0, ResourceTemplate ()
					  {
						  IO (Decode16,
							  0x00,			   // Alignment
							  0x02,			   // Length
							  )

})
					  Name (ATT1, ResourceTemplate ()
					  {
						  IO (Decode16,
							  0x00,			   // Alignment
							  0x02,			   // Length
							  )
					  })
					  Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
					  {
						  If (LGreaterEqual (OSFX, 0x03))
						  {
							  If (HPTF)
							  {
								  Return (ATT1)
							  }
							  Else
							  {
								  Return (ATT0)
							  }
						  }
						  Else
						  {
							  Return (ATT0)
						  }
					  }
				  }

So I Changed length to 0x02

0x02,			   // Length

You hit compile right like in the video.

Try to boot up.

I downloaded and looked at it seems you did all the fixes but then I hit compile and it did so guessing you haven't done that but it had one error then I hit fix and now only warning so try that DSDT after you compile it.

You hit compile right like in the video.

Ok.. So after doing a little more research.. after reading through this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196771

ive:

- added the code in the thread to fix the Local0 compile error

- added the code in the thread to fix the _WAK compile warning

and also there was another local0 error at the bottom of the dsdt file that i clicked "fix error" and it fixed it.

- changed the value to 0x02 in RTC

- inserted "Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)..." as instructed by the thread.

I didnt do any of the processor PStates code.. yet.. is it necessary?

- added "Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)..." code to `Device (IDE1)' section as specified in the thread.

- Modified the `Device (PX40)' section as specified in the thread

- Modified the `Device (HPET)' section as specified in the thread

i havent changed anything else.. ill deal with audio shuttering / sleep function later on ?

Hit Complie and it compiles with 0 Errors, 0 Warnings..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GX0PGH55

now.. i copy the new dsdt.aml file thats in the DSDT Editor directory to the Extra folder on my external HDD? what is fakesmc.text used for?

thanks for your help :-)