10.6.5 update available in Software Update

marionez

294 posts in this topic

TO EVERYONE THAT WAS UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE SWCD LINK

I was lucky enough to come across http://forums.mactalk.com.au/11/94580-maco...are-update.html

Basically, get the update from the Software Updater, go to /Library/Updates/zzz061-9753 and run the Update Manually, should update without issues.

If all final/official combo updates correctly update the OS version, then the fact that the one posted in this thread does not implies that it isn't the final version.

This means it should be avoided, since who really knows what else is different about it above&beyond its inability to update the OS version properly.

If all final/official combo updates correctly update the OS version, then the fact that the one posted in this thread does not implies that it isn't the final version.

This means it should be avoided, since who really knows what else is different about it above&beyond its inability to update the OS version properly.

Exactly, {censored} happens i guess, it is supposed to be a "good" link, it comes from a trusted source, but its not public yet...

I guess that'll teach me (and everyone who tried to get the Combo Update :() to wait for official and public links or use the System Update :P

We'll see what happens with my system the next few days, so far so good, again, dont use the link if you find it somewhere else, use either a link from apple.com webpage (found THERE) or use the System Update.

Exactly, {censored} happens i guess, it is supposed to be a "good" link, it comes from a trusted source, but its not public yet...
Yes, it's probably a genuine release candidate, and there might be a few other quirks.

Well, shame on me but the keyboard does not respond so I don't know how to do this. When the Chameleon screen comes up, I have the "press any key to enter boot setup" but my keyboard does not work at that point. here is my config:

Intel DP43BF

Intel E6500 ( SOCKET LGA 775 )

geforce 8400 GS 512 MO RAM

Are you using a USB or PS/2 keyboard? If one type doesn't work, do you have a keyboard with a connector of the other type?

TO EVERYONE THAT WAS UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE SWCD LINK

I was lucky enough to come across http://forums.mactalk.com.au/11/94580-maco...are-update.html

Basically, get the update from the Software Updater, go to /Library/Updates/zzz061-9753 and run the Update Manually, should update without issues.

I downloaded the combo update from the link given in the first page and installed it but after restart it was still 10.6.4. Then I went on to run Software Update and installed the update but it was again still 10.6.4.

Hopefully, manual installation as you described worked here. Thanks.

Yes, it's probably a genuine release candidate, and there might be a few other quirks.

There was seriously something wrong with that link. I think those who wait for a combo update should wait for a release from Apple.

BTW, apart from the audio, which has been solved with AppleHDA in 10.6.2, there is no problem here.

After installing, I had problems with USB. Replacing it with the modded IOUSBFamily.kext fixed it as I mentioned in an earlier post. After that was working, I realized my USB external drive wasn't working, so I had to replace IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext with an older driver.

I would strongly recommend making a backup of your working extensions BEFORE updating.

I was lucky enough to have made a backup of an entire working copy beforehand. :(

I updated my GA-G31M-ES2L with nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB with no problems. I just deleted the SleepEnabler.kext before applying the update using Software Update.

Note that if you have WideMail or GrowlMail installed for Apple Mail you'll need to download updates for those to make them work again under 10.6.5.

Are you using a USB or PS/2 keyboard? If one type doesn't work, do you have a keyboard with a connector of the other type?

Thank you for your help! Well, it's a USB, I had to enabled legacy USB in the Bios to get it to work at that point. Then getting the -v led me to AHCI setup which is the SATA option in the Bios of my motherboard that needed to be switched over....I had to do that for 10.6.4 to work. Then, putting USB legacy back to disabled for my USB ports to work under OSX. Here is a screenshot of where I am! 10.6.5 up and running. Thank you for your support!

10.6.5.tiff

I updated my GA-G31M-ES2L with nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB with no problems. I just deleted the SleepEnabler.kext before applying the update using Software Update.

Note that if you have WideMail or GrowlMail installed for Apple Mail you'll need to download updates for those to make them work again under 10.6.5.

I haven't experienced this personally as I don't use these plugins but to my knowledge, after every major updates, Apple Mail plugins are being deactivated by default. I was using Letterbox before and noticed this behaviour. I guess, Apple does this in order to make sure that all the plugins are compatible with the recently updated version of Apple Mail.

I finally got it.

As the other guy says thanks to him I just installed /Library/Updates/zzz061-9753/MacOSXUpd10.6.5Patch

now I got 10.6.5 but my wireless NIC is not working anymore weird because the kext has my device ID on it and I also tried changing en0 to en1 but no luck :P

Hey all. Just wanted to let you know I have updated via Software Update and it worked OK.

I backed up AppleHDA but didn't need it and I forgot to backup AppleYukon.kext and turns out I did need it. Onboard LAN isn't working but shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Everything else worked fine, didn't get rid of SleepEnabler but booted with pmVersion=0 otherwise I get KP.

About this mac states I'm on 10.6.5 and OpenGL drivers are at 2.1 1.6.24

Haven't done any benchmarks or anything yet. This is my first restart after applying the update. Just got to get LAN working again.

Just updated, had to use pmVersion=0 or else KD

Also my 9800 GTX now is flashing red on screen whenever playing any game.

Used to be ok with 10.6.4

Also had to reinstall HDA driver.

Anyone knows about the red flashing color in game mode?