10.6.5 update available in Software Update

marionez

294 posts in this topic

As on title, 10.6.5 update is available and officially released on Apple Update! :rolleyes:

Info:

The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

• improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
  • address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
  • address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
  • resolve a delay between print jobs
  • address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
  • resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
  • address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
  • resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
  • improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
  • resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
  • improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
  • resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Download size on Software Update may vary.

COMBO UPDATE: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324

Is this update safe to do through software update, i'm already on 10.6.4 so i dont need the combo.

Thats the million dollar question I guess. Maybe I'll backup my 10.6.4 volume and make a go of it - I got a few spare cycles to burn this afternoon...

Installed directly through Software Update, everything went fine (YMMV, attempt only on vanilla installations).

Hardware:

Intel Q9400

Gigabyte EP45-DS3L

nVidia GeForce 9800GT

kexts:

fakesmc

NullCPUPM

OSXRestart

SleepEnabler (pmVersion=21)

Installed directly through Software Update, everything went fine (YMMV, attempt only on vanilla installations).

Hardware:

Intel Q9400

Gigabyte EP45-DS3L

nVidia GeForce 9800GT

kexts:

fakesmc

NullCPUPM

OSXRestart

SleepEnabler (pmVersion=21)

Is this the right SleepEnabler.kext? (pmVersion=21??)

http://www.kexts.com/view/409-sleepenabler...for_10.6.4.html

Heres what i did..

1. Removed SleepEnabler.kext from EXTRAS

2. Ran Kext Utility

3. Installed Update through Software Update

4. Restart

Everything went fine, I removed SleepEnabler.kext due to fear of KP.

Can you give link for SleepEnabler.kext pmVersion=21

Is this the right SleepEnabler.kext? (pmVersion=21??)

http://www.kexts.com/view/409-sleepenabler...for_10.6.4.html

Heres what i did..

1. Removed SleepEnabler.kext from EXTRAS

2. Ran Kext Utility

3. Installed Update through Software Update

4. Restart

Everything went fine, I removed SleepEnabler.kext due to fear of KP.

Can you give link for SleepEnabler.kext pmVersion=21

Get this version (from here or the link floordance posted), it works on all 10.6.x systems, but needs a kernel boot flag to be specified - that's the pmVersion. When updating you can disable the extension to avoid KP by setting pmVersion=0 at boot time, after that edit your com.apple.Boot.plist and add pmVersion=21 (for 10.6.5, etc.) under "Kernel Flags".

An explaination of this flag can be found in the comments in the link above.

Deleted sleepenabler.kext on my amd machine with a quad core athlon 2 xfx 8300 board and nvidia 8800 graphics installed the update via software update and restarted. No usbs, apart from that it booted without any flags or anything at all! Perfect, still patched with marvin utility so no need to do it again. installed 10.6.2-IOUSBFamilyInstaller and usb's back on and everything working as it should again! This is great news! Only thing I need now is sleepenabler. Good luck guys!

The download size may very depending on system (Source: apple.com)

Just downloaded and tried it but it seems like the download was corrupted or something.. Still on 10.6.4 after running system update. ;p

Same here, with System Update and Combo :D

Hello all,

I am new to this world and I am going to need your help here. I just installed 10.6.5 and see below, kernel panic. Please help...

You will need to remove SleepEnabler.

I am back up and running!! Thank you so much!

Can I ask what sleep enabler does?

Basically what it says, enable Sleep :blink:, check this thread for a link to the Kext's web and an longer explanation there on how to get it working on 10.6.5