Building a Hackintosh for Final Cut Studio

echostats

1 post in this topic

I'm a long time mac user and have finally convinced my friend that OS X is far superior. Unfortunately, he's not ready to make the plunge to a Mac Pro so he's settling for an amazing hackintosh. I've built computers in the past but this will be my first hackintosh. Just like everyone else on the forums I wanted to run past my setup with you to confirm it's good to go.

He's trying to stay under $800 and at this point we're at $745 before shipping.

He will be using this system for Final Cut Studio, Photoshop, etc. I'm trying to build the most compatible system that will work well with 10.6 and do what he needs it to do for video editing, etc. If there is a link that would help more with the most recent hardware, please let me know. I did some searching through the forums but could really use some specific advice.

- GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

- EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

- Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core

- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

- 500w Power Supply (should I go higher?)

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Thanks guys!