Notebook Suggestion

dhoomz

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I am looking to buy a Hackintosh laptop really soon. I see the MyMacNetbook has a database for netbooks. Is there one for notebooks other than the osx86 wiki? The osx86 wiki lists older laptops, not newer ones.

I am particularly looking for a 15.6" with core i3 or core i5 and 4GB ram. Anything else I am not too concerned about. I'll be using it for iPhone development so as long as gfx, wireless, and other basic stuff work, I should be good.

I would get the Mackbook Pro, but the 15" starts at $1800, which is out of budget.

So, any suggestions from anything: Newegg, BestBuy, Amazon, etc... which serves my purpose would be awesome. The more the OOB functionality, the better it is as long as the price is under $1200.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, and I love the mess out of it.

Get one with a Core 2 Duo and max out the RAM. I'm running 10.6.4 with no issues that I know of. I paid $200 on craigslist for a gently used one.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone succeed making a hackintosh from a "i7" notebook or laptop fully working?? in that case I hope you can tell me which was the model and brand you did ?? any advice is very welcome

skydivemail@yahoo.com

I could buy a toshiba i7 with nvidia 330M, but I hate toshibas and I ignore if the rest of the cards are compatible

• 4 months later...