M11X R1 Snow Leopard 10.6.4 install guide.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

jasphair

jasphair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

I've just recently gotten 10.6.7 installed on my M11X R1. It works flawlessly (including sleep - thanks to THEHAWKs). I've run into an issue with the NIC, however. I've tried several different versions of the atherosl1cethernet.kext, and though the NIC is recognized, and I can get an IP address through DHCP, I cannot get out to the internet. I get an IP from the router, but cannot ping the router, or do any kind of DNS resolution. I'm wondering if this is an issue because I'm running 10.6.7, and not 10.6.6 or earlier? I've not yet found any threads or discussion of 10.6.7 on the M11X R1, but it does work perfectly. So now, at the very least, I have a fully functional MacBook Air clone (due to non-working Ethernet), but if I can get the NIC working properly, it'll be more like a HackBook Pro.

Also, I've heard there's a patched x3100 kext you can use to make the GMA 4500HD graphics work? If so, you can then re-enable switchable graphics in the BIOS, and probably boost the battery life significantly, right?

Cheers!

P.S. If anyone needs help getting 10.6.7 on their R1 (not sure about R2 and up), please let me know, and I'll try my best.

elfuego123

elfuego123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
First of all thanks for the wonderful guide! I almost got iatkos s3 v2 working. I did as the tutorial says, and updated the system to 10.6.6 with combo update, but I do not know how to set up graphics. The resolution is still only 1024x768 and I cannot change it.

I have triple boot, Win 7, Ubuntu 10.04 and iatkos, with GRUB 2 as the main bootloader. I've tried messing up the grub (to support 1366x768 of the bat) but I didnt get far. I disabled integrated video in BIOS and I'm only using discrete graphics. Can anyone give any hints as how to set up the graphics?

Thanks!

Raging Dragon

Raging Dragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi I am a total noob at this and have tried following this method but cannot work out what SLE is?

And after the part that contains the instructions to trim SLE I rebooted without following the SLE instructions and now SL won't boot.

If I switch to discrete graphics it will say it needs to reboot by holding down the on/off button or i I set it to switchable then the loading circle doesn't come on at the apple screen.

Can someone please help??

PS I have an R1 maybe you could help me jasphair?

Raging Dragon

Raging Dragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I finally worked out what SLE is, for anyone who was in the same boat as me SLE is system folder then library then extensions.

Thanks for the tutorial.

I know originally the dell wireless 1520 didn't work but is there a kext available now?

Raging Dragon

Raging Dragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Now I have a new problem. I installed windows 7 in a dual boot configuration and everything was working fine. I then formatted the remaining free space as ntfs and now OSX won't boot after selecting it from the boot menu.

Can anyone help?

hahutzy

hahutzy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'd like to thank THEHAWKs for uploading those Kexts, because I lost them to the megaupload shut down...

You can follow my threads at hackint0sh to see me update my progress on getting 10.7.4 to work on M11x R1:
http://www.hackint0s...x-r1-357463.htm

Or check out my old thread on getting 10.6.8 to work on M11x R1, which I will be referencing for my 10.7.4 work:
http://www.hackint0s...x-r1-188641.htm

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
I am moving this topic out of the Netbook Section, as it really belongs in the Notebook section.

Marugby123
InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy