Shourijo

Shourijo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

sure

done, sent the id and password to you :angel:

well im currently hanging at the apple logo with a spinning wheel under it.. should i try to reboot and use -f?

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

done, sent the id and password to you :angel:

well im currently hanging at the apple logo with a spinning wheel under it.. should i try to reboot and use -f?

boot with -v

and please see mail idont have more time

unvaluablespace

unvaluablespace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Mohamed Khairy you rock! I've been baffled about updating my laptop to a newer version! When I tried to update to 10.6.4, it just kept restarting my system at the apple logo. On 10.6.5, it did absolutely nothing but froze in a locked state at the apple logo. With your replies to Shourijo, I simply downloaded the atom 10.5 patch and applied via your directions to my already updated 10.6.5 drive (using my "test disk" 10.6.0 version on flash drive) and I'm back up and running! Am going to try the 3150 next. Thanks! :)

Tech264

Tech264

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
just bought a Dell Mini 1010 with that graphics card. Full resolution works fine but just wondering what the status is for QE support? Can't run any of the screensavers nor play certain games.

lucawar

lucawar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
anything for QE support?

mootrix

mootrix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello thank you for all your hard work.

I have done what you said in the instructions and have tried GraphicsEnabler, AutoResolution and "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" and nothing seems to work for me. I have tried grabbing the EDID but it cannot be found in linux or OS X but it will boot up to the correct res in linux. I have also tried the latest NBI (0.8.5) but it hasnt worked either.)

Badaboum03

Badaboum03

Mr. KFC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Any news? Thanks !!

Fireman sam

Fireman sam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Any news? Thanks !!

Me thinks Meklort has been buried in work work. I've spent the last couple of free moments I've had to look at this problem and I have made some (not much) progress.

I have managed to get the translucent menubar appearing within about a minute of the blue screen. I have also got the volume OSD to appear (but not disappear). I believe the problem is the way the hardware is generating timestamps for which the driver synchronizes while transferring textures etc to the hardware.

At the moment I have no idea on how to fix it, but I'll keep hacking at the driver and if I manage to get something, I'll release it.

Badaboum03

Badaboum03

Mr. KFC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Me thinks Meklort has been buried in work work. I've spent the last couple of free moments I've had to look at this problem and I have made some (not much) progress.

I have managed to get the translucent menubar appearing within about a minute of the blue screen. I have also got the volume OSD to appear (but not disappear). I believe the problem is the way the hardware is generating timestamps for which the driver synchronizes while transferring textures etc to the hardware.

At the moment I have no idea on how to fix it, but I'll keep hacking at the driver and if I manage to get something, I'll release it.

So sad, almost every netbook have GMA3150 :P

dacoon

dacoon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi,

i have testing some to load the GMA950 Kext ... but i get an unresolved Kernel Symbol

Jul  2 00:29:05 daaaners-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
Jul  2 00:29:05 daaaners-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950]: 	_cpuid_features

and I don't know how to remove this problem

My Steps:

1. Selfmod ##### (Atom Kernel) + 10.6.3 retail

2. update to 10.6.7 + Atom Kernel + Bootloader

3. Insert GMA950 EFI String

4. Change smbios to a MacMini1,1 (because the kext check the OSInfo)

5. Download and add this Kext http://www.kexts.com...-945_kexts.html

6. Change the DevID

Attached Files

Badaboum03

Badaboum03

Mr. KFC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
And QE-CI works?

Badaboum03

Badaboum03

Mr. KFC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
any updates?
thanks

matzugoru

matzugoru

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
any news about

QE-CI on

this video card?

Kher

Kher

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

http://www.insanelym...e/#entry1880168

this one ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy