About This Mac Screenshots

TheQuantumByte

638 posts in this topic

Here is mine

Hi, have you got it all work out of the box? I used Maxxus 10.4.6 dvd (The only torrent that worked).

I have an ASUS P5B and can't get the on board sound nor my M-Audio Delta 1010lt recognized in the system profiler.

I have checked every part of this forum and followed every post and can't get it to work.

Thanks...

:)

I installed the Mac OS X86 10.4.8 AMD SSE3 TEST 1 release from tubgirl.

Obligatory uname -a:

Darwin saivert-server 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sun Nov 12 16:51:37 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Then some System Profiler windows:

th_system-profiler-windows.jpg

(Click for larger image)

I’m still using Titan which came with the release. I want to try Natit though even though QE/CI works right now.

Networking and sound also works.

It’s an ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe mainboard with nVidia nForce 4 chipset and AMD opteron 150 CPU. On-board Marvell LAN and nVidia LAN. Both Gigabit Ethernet ports.

The system boots both native and inside VMWare (same partition).

Just wanted to say thanks to JaS and the rest of the community.

I just installed the jas 10.4.7 repack ISO and I must say, installation on my spare HD via USB went "insanely" well.

the wireless networking patch worked to get my broadcom chip active.

The only immediate problem is the resolution on the ATI mobility x600

The specs for this system are:

HP zd8000 Laptop (yes, it's that old)

ATI mobility radeon x600 (running at 1024x768@32)

broadcom ie80211b wireless internal (recognized immediately)

I haven't put it on my main drive yet, but I was looking for a reason to wipe my spare installation of linux off.

I've got ArchLinux running on my Logical partitions, and I was testing out ubuntu on hda1 (ugbuntu). hda1 is prettymuch up for grabs these days, as I haven't had a reason to install XP again (yet).

I saw a post on the wiki about dual booting with grub. does that work well, and would you recommend reinstalling from the 10.4.7 DVD or just a "dd if=/dev/sda1 of=/dev/hda1"?

My brother is the reason I found this community, he actually owns a G4 and does all his art work on macs exclusively. He didn't have the money to buy a powerbook, and I promised him I'd figure out a way to get OSX installed on a PC laptop. He's going to be in for quite a surprise this time. I've already made him drool over my linux installation with beryl+XGL+gnome.

bennyhill_first_shot_10.4.7.tiff

:)

Realtek Audio ALC883 (AppleAudioAzalia.kext) Line Out (FYI)

0x10ec0883

0x437b1002

Atheros Wireless 5005G (IO80211Family.kext)

pci168c,1a

w/ en1 trick

from 10.4.5 intel update via apple

ATi Radeon Xpress 1100 @ 1280x800x32@60Hz

Callisto Build 003 (fixed), May 27, 2006

1.6Ghz AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile TL50 512KB L2 Cache

120GB PATA HD

1GB DDR2

Laptop

about.tiff

Here's my screenshot:

post-66713-1165197734_thumb.png

Pentium D 805 (Dual-core 2.66 GHz)

Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH

512 MB PC2700 (333)

Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE (128MB)

Built-in AC97 sound

Built-in Intel PRO/100 VE network adapter

OS X booted rather well out of the box using JaS 10.4.8. I installed Natit to get my Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE working (MacVidia did NOT work at all).

The system clock ran slow, it seemed to make the graphics run slow and caused audio glitches as well. I could shutdown fine, but not reboot. Installing semthex's kernel fixed all these problems.

System profiler could not pull up the main hardware information, Colonel's System Profiler patched fixed this.

System profiler still only lists the first bank of RAM for some reason (though all of it is available to the sytem), and it lists the CPU properly with the patch (except the speed), but About This Mac still shows "3.6 GHz Unknown".

Edit: Using prasys' System Profiler script, I was also able to fix the clock speed. Updated screenshot:

post-66713-1165208607_thumb.png

I love this stuff! Hats off to JaS, semthex, Colonel, prasys, and everyone else who has contributed! This system blows away my Dual 1Ghz G4.

Here's mine. I'm running JaS 10.4.8 with the latest Semthex kernel. I'm running on a Dell Dimension 5150, Pentium D 2.86Ghz. Installation went fine... simple fix for the ethernet and sound and voila... a shiny new Hackintosh.

As you can see, the CPU doesn't show correctly in the About This Mac window and System Profiler isn't working either. I tried running Colonel's System Profiler patch but that didn't seem to fix it.

post-67136-1166045252_thumb.png

screenshot01pg3.th.jpg

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: ACPI

CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 400 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 6.00 PG (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)

screenshot02oz8.th.jpg

GeForce 6800 XT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 6800 XT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x00c3

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

VX910:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz