A Few Pot-Installation Questions

Jwoofter

3 posts in this topic

I got 10.4.6 installed via Jas on my HP media center P4!!!!

Thank You Insanely Mac!

I have only 3 problems and they are so minor but hey, why not try to fix them? lol

Also let me just say that this is so much fast than I expected and blows the {censored} out of W7! On an P4 too! lol Ok so down to it...

Problem 1: Youtube and Java. When watching a youtube video it is very quirky. Then red progress bar at the bottom doesn't move and you cannot pause it. For Java it seems it isn't installed but it has to be, right? When I tried to download a youtube vid it says Java isn't installed?

Problem 2: My video card is a FX GeForce 5200 and it appears not to be supported I found and installed this driver (geforcefxgldriver.bundle) and it mad the screen look really washed out and didn't solve any of my video problems. Can I uninstall this so i can install on that works (if there is one)?

Problem 3: I know this isn't a problem at all but I want to upgrade to 10.4.11 or as close as I can get to it so I can run office. Can someone suggest a guide for upgrading using Jas?

If anyone knows any solutions help me out/ I would love t get this going perfect. MANN it's so fast!!! It blows my G4 running leopard out of the water!

Thanks