Radeon HD 5870 without flashing in mac pro bootcamp

Evilandrew

1 post in this topic

I was just wondering, since apple now sells the mac versions of the 5870, can I use those same drivers to get my regular windows version of the card working? Meaning, can I get the card working under bootcamp WITHOUT flashing it?

I looked through the thread with kexts etc but I really don't care about getting the card to work in OSX. I have an older mac card that I swop out for that. I just want my 5870 windows version to work under bootcamp, so my question-

is there a loader / injector or easier way to get this card working now that we have apples drivers or do I have no choice but to flash it because they are not the same?

I have a GTX 280 that has been working great in bootcamp without flashing it, (just installed a simple loader in osx using a mac card before I put it in) so I was wondering if its possible with the Ati's.

Wish I could have posted this in the Ati section, oh well