64 bit on Asus G51JX-A1

6 posts in this topic

Hello all

After many days I finally got SL working on my ASUS G51JX but if I boot into 64 bit it gets to firewire and booting goes no further any ideas? any one?

**EDIT** It would seem the appleRTC.kext is not loading in 64 bit mode any ideas any one?

The problem for me was LegacyAppleRTC.kext in /E/E when running in 64 BIT . Delete it or everything with RTC in E/E . Then use NullCPUPowermanagement.kext . It will disable Other RTC kext in /S/L/E.

Run pfix , boot with -f...

Then if you got problem with restart or shutdown try to use EvoReboot.kext, with sleep -> sleepenabler.kext.

I would also recommand you to use latest Chameleon (with Cstate and P State generating). If you want an installer try "Chameleon RC5 trunk 619" you will see a post from this great site !

or find dsdt fix ... ;) and delete everything with RTC in /E/E

Thank you for the reply the problem seemed to have worked out itself (sort of) I did a fresh install used "arch=x86_64" from first boot did the update to 10.6.4 added the boot prompt to boot.plist and its good now any word on the sound? I had it working but had to turn the mic down at every boot looking for a better solution

After installing on an Asus 1201PN netbook it worked I had the same problem and deleted the RTC kext from extra/extensions and it booted into 64 bit fine the first boot was very slow but now booting normally thank you again I had to return the G51 and exchange it something was wrong with it so when I reinstall I will know what to do