• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5755 replies to this topic

JBraddock

JBraddock

Ph.D (Can) in Human Rights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
In case someone might need, here is the audio patch for ALC883 (Asus P5K SE). This is for 10.6.8 but I am sure it will work on Lion too.

- LegacyHDA_ ALC883.kext goes to Extra folder.
- Copy layout12.xml and Platforms.xml to AppleHDA> Resources.
- Patch the binary with the following.
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x83\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
- HDEF Device in DSDT.
Device (HDEF)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    Return (Package (0x02)                    {                        0x0D,                         0x05                    })                }                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x08)                        {                            "codec-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x83, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10                            },                             "layout-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                            },                             "device-type",                             Buffer (0x0F)                            {                                "Realtek ALC883"                            },                             "PinConfigurations",                             Buffer (One)                            {                                0x00                            }                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }            }

Attached File  AppleHDA_ALC883.zip   14.33KB   175 downloads

The original kext, created for Aspire 9420, belongs to Kizwan so the credit goes to him.
I just modified the kext according to the new AppleHDA.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

I always have to be unique. :(
I booted with -s and it panicked. See attached screenshot.
I found that I was able to remove /Extra because when the desktop comes up I have a few seconds before it panics. So I moved /Extra to the trash, then it panicked, and I rebooted. No joy. I posted a screenshot of this KP below.
I wonder if my computer does not like Chameleon? When I first installed Snow Leopard I used iBoot and everything booted fine. My only problem was it would not sleep and audio did not work, so I tried your method and that's when it started panicking.

the problem is HPET
your DSDT is loaded?

use Wait=Yes -v

Its's the ALC889A MaLd0n...

ALC889a
Attached File  AppleHDA.kext.zip   1.53MB   98 downloads

The Weez

The Weez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

the problem is HPET
your DSDT is loaded?

use Wait=Yes -v

My DSDT is not currently loaded.

HPET was enabled/32bit by default in my BIOS. When it panicked the very first time (when my DSDT *was* loaded) it was enabled/32bit. Since then I have tried enabled/32bit, enabled/64bit, and disabled but DSDT was *not* loaded. All 3 configurations kernel panicked.

I can reinstall Snow Leopard and load the auto-patched DSDT then try all three PET configurations. I will boot with Wait=Yes -v and post photos.

Please note that when I installed and booted Snow Leopard with ##### that HPET was enabled/32bit and I had no kernel panics.

Thank you for your help MaLd0n.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Thanks MaLd0n, can I ask is this the file from 10.6.7 or have you edited the one from 10.6.8 to allow it to work?

EDIT: I just tested the file from Post #3902, it doesn't allow audio to work with my current hardware / configuration.

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
MaLd0n, I took your advice and applied 10.6.8 comboupdate along with your patched dsdt.aml and 8,1 mbp folder. This is what showed when I try to boot. Please help!

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Thanks MaLd0n, can I ask is this the file from 10.6.7 or have you edited the one from 10.6.8 to allow it to work?

EDIT: I just tested the file from Post #3902, it doesn't allow audio to work with my current hardware / configuration.

use LegacyHDA
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=87699
+ HDEF in DSDT
+ APPLEHDA Post #3902
Work Like a Charm

MaLd0n, I took your advice and applied 10.6.8 comboupdate along with your patched dsdt.aml and 8,1 mbp folder. This is what showed when I try to boot. Please help!

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258611

alvinblank

alvinblank

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I'm having some problem, sleep is not working for me. It goes to sleep but never wakes up. I tried editing the dsdt already which was working previously. Do I need sleepenabler.kext as I'm using Chameleon RC5 I have set P and C states to yes in my boot.plist. Please advice, it was working fine previously.

monterovia

monterovia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
MaLd0n,

my motherboard is not listed in your dsdt autopatcher
its a GA-EP35C-DS3R
im reluctant to use the EP35-DS3R and P35C-DS3R variants currently on your list.
there are differences.
can i send you my run_me.zip file? i think it will be a great addition.
thanks.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

use LegacyHDA
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=87699
+ HDEF in DSDT
+ APPLEHDA Post #3902
Work Like a Charm

You are indeed correct, I guess my Legacy889aHDA.kext installed in E/E wasn't up to the job.

For future reference (and my sanity!) Is the AppleHDA.kext you linked to the untouched file from 10.6.8 please?

Many thanks MaLd0n!

EDIT: Using the files / method above, there is a delay with the sound being enabled following a reboot (The speaker icon is greyed out for a few seconds then it works).

alvinblank

alvinblank

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Having a bad situation here...

Sleeps work partial if I don't set GraphicsEnabler. It sleeps but the screen just freezes, until I wake it up.

If I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it does to black but won't wake up. Please advise.

I'm running DSDT from the auto patcher along with modified ALCHDA kext only.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

MaLd0n,

its a GA-EP35C-DS3R
im reluctant to use the EP35-DS3R and P35C-DS3R variants currently on your list.
there are differences.
thanks.

send me files Attached File  fun.gif   1014bytes   5 downloads

Having a bad situation here...

Sleeps work partial if I don't set GraphicsEnabler. It sleeps but the screen just freezes, until I wake it up.

If I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it does to black but won't wake up. Please advise.

I'm running DSDT from the auto patcher along with modified ALCHDA kext only.

mobo?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

url="http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258611[/url]

Thank you MaLd0n for the pointers, I can boot into 10.6.8 with custom dsdt.aml. But there's alot of things not working still. Like wifi, nvidia gtx 460, audio, restart/sleep/shutdown and speedstep. It's running little faster now. Please point me in the right direction. I have attached a new copy of the current working 10.6.8 send me file.

monterovia

monterovia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

MaLd0n,

its a GA-EP35C-DS3R
there are differences.
thanks.

it runs a Q6600 overclocked to 3.4GHz, 8GB of RAM and an ATI HD5770 1GB
here's my run_me file
Attached File  send_me.zip   153.53KB   6 downloads

appreciate your help.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Thank you MaLd0n for the pointers, I can boot into 10.6.8 with custom dsdt.aml. But there's alot of things not working still. Like wifi, nvidia gtx 460, audio, restart/sleep/shutdown and speedstep. It's running little faster now. Please point me in the right direction. I have attached a new copy of the current working 10.6.8 send me file.

Attached File  dsdt.jeffc2009.zip   23.88KB   7 downloads

it runs a Q6600 overclocked to 3.4GHz, 8GB of RAM and an ATI HD5770 1GB
here's my run_me file

Attached File  dsdt.monterovia.zip   5.66KB   3 downloads

after reboot
use HDEF Gigabyte
see the first post

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Could you check mine please MaLd0n, I re-did a lot of things today and would be greatful of a fresh file to use :help:

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
[quote name='MaLd0n' date='Jun 25 2011, 01:57 PM' post='1703424']
Attached File  dsdt.jeffc2009.zip   23.88KB   7 downloads

Thanks but with that, still no speedstep, video, wifi, audio, sleep.

Here is the latest update to 8,3 mbp. Can you help.

For Speedstep to work, do i need to create a ssdt.aml for core i7 2630 qm?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Could you check mine please MaLd0n, I re-did a lot of things today and would be greatful of a fresh file to use :help:

Use DSDT Auto-Patcher
remove NullCPUPowerManagement
add in boot.plist
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks but with that, still no speedstep, video, wifi, audio, sleep.
Here is the latest update to 8,3 mbp. Can you help.

use 10.6.8..only

speedstep

video, wifi, audio
use kext

Sleep
NativePM + USB fix(if you need)

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

use 10.6.8..only

speedstep

video, wifi, audio
use kext

Sleep
NativePM + USB fix(if you need)

MaLd0n, I have this in my boot.plist with Chameleon 1061.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>pmVersion=23</string>
</dict>
</plist>

for some reason i still need pmVersion=23.

I got wifi working by changing device id.

savestheday

savestheday

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hi Maldon,
Back with another mobo, hope you can help! I've tried using the auto patcher but it's not listed. This is for the Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard. I know video won't work (the Intel X3500). I've tried using the default Asus P5E in the auto patcher but it doesn't help. Also tried setting ALC883 (which is what the site lists this as) but that too isn't getting injected right. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Attached Files

alvinblank

alvinblank

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

mobo?

My mobo is EP35-DS3L

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSDT, patcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy