DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Hi Madl0n,

I tried to install Lion with your guide. I'm using an HP Dv6 (i7 core sandy bridge) laptop, so I had some issues with the boot loader (I finally succeeded using last Chameleon version from trunk and Taptun's Lion Kernel). Now I'm stuck with the DSDT Auto-Patcher, 'cause it gives me some parsing errors (I tried to use the HP - DV6 i Core Pack). I installed NullCPUPowerManagement, AHCI PortInjector and IOAHCIBlockStorage kexts using KextUtility, 'cause during my first test I had a Kernel Panic related to IntelCPUPowerManagement.

I still have IDT Audio and USB3 not working. I have also some issues with GPU (I have switchable graphics and OSX works with Intel HD3000, while ATI HD 6490M doesn't work yet) and with internal Trackpad-Keyboard.

Can I fix some of this problems with a DSDT?

Here is my send_me file.

Thanks for your help!

dsdt.LinoLinux.zip

AUDIO

Use VoodooHda

USB3

Use kext

SpeedStep

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258611

but

kernel mod disables PM?

hi madlon

can u help me with my ga-z68x-ud3h-b3

having trouble with audio and can not get hdmi audio working with my sapphire hd5770 vapor (2xdvi,1xdp,1xhdmi).

tried also with your auto patcher for z68 - but got 2 errors - see picture.

got latest bios f4

thanks a lot

warm regards

norman

send_me.zip

error_z68xud3h_b3normangecco_autopatcher.tiff

ga-z68x-ud3h-b3

having trouble with audio and can not get hdmi audio working with my sapphire hd5770 vapor (2xdvi,1xdp,1xhdmi).

tried also with your auto patcher for z68 - but got 2 errors - see picture.

got latest bios f4

thanks a lot

warm regards

norman

Your DSDT is not original

PX40 = LPCB

Your DSDT is not original

PX40 = LPCB

hi MaLd0n

thx a lot - dsdt is from tonymac - for f4 bios - i think there is something wrong with that - cause f3 was working better under sl even after upgrade my original f2 to f4 bios - board is rev 1.0

but sl is history!

i just did another clean install and your auto patcher worked! see it attached.

only installed lan

(by the way - after a clean install when u run repair - there a about 5 errors concerning HDA original)

i hope u can help me with audio alc889 and hdmi audio with the 5770 vapor.

here is the data from the clean install.

just to learn something - if possible- lol- what was wrong with dsdt i used from tonymac?

warm regards

norman

ps what should i do next to get hdmi audio and audio working ? using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]? or just install the kexts

and what kext should i use for the audio problems with my ald889

thx 4 u GREAT work here!!!

send_me.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

thanx MaLd0n

i try it now.

what regular audio should i use?

i heart there is a problem with alc 889 in lion

sl - worked good

should i use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the dsdt from u - or doing something else?

thanx again

ps - the link u gave me was for sl not for lion - or its there no difference

AppleHDA in Lion

Copy the keys CommonPeripheralDSP and PathMaps from LegacyHDA to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml (replace original contents);

Copy the keys LayoutID and PathMapRef (they're inside key Layouts) to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout??.xml (replace original contents or create a new file if it doesn't exist, ?? = LayoutID);

Copy the dict from key HDAConfigDefault (it's inside key HDA Hardware Config Resource) to key HDAConfigDefault in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist (paste as child);

Use PlistEdit Pro to edit the plist files.

If the codec isn't ALC889A or AD1988B you will also need to edit the file AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA (binary).

For Realtek (ALC88x) replace the 4 instances of 85 08 EC 10 (inverted bytes of codec 0885 and vendor 10EC) by your codec, for example, 88 08 EC 10.

Use an hex editor (0xED) or the command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

For Analog Devices (AD) replace the 4 instances of 8B 19 D4 11 by your codec

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

dear mr. mald0n,

packard bell ls11hr, lion running

• Intel Core i7-2630QM 2,00 GHz (2,90 GHz mit Intel Turbo Boost)
  • ATI Radeon HD6650M mit 2048MB VRAM DDR3
  • USB 3.0, HDMI-Anschluss, Cardreader
  • Arbeitsspeicher: 6144 MB DDR-3-RAM
  • 6144 MB DDR RAM,
  • 17,3" TFT-Display mit LED-Backlight
  • LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n W-LAN
  • HDD 320GB

thank you

send_me.zip

[*]Intel Core i7-2630QM 2,00 GHz (2,90 GHz mit Intel Turbo Boost)

[*]ATI Radeon HD6650M mit 2048MB VRAM DDR3

[*]USB 3.0, HDMI-Anschluss, Cardreader

[*]Arbeitsspeicher: 6144 MB DDR-3-RAM

[*]6144 MB DDR RAM,

[*]17,3" TFT-Display mit LED-Backlight

[*]LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n W-LAN

[*]HDD 320GB

dsdt.nai22.zip

SpeedStep

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258611

hmm, now i got no applehda sound, usb 3.0 still freeze if a usb stick is pluggin in and also reboot ends in kp like before, plz help me mr. mald0n :)

speedstep was done before

remove EvOreboot

What happens power management kexts?

use clean install

Hi, I used to have Leopard and I updated successfully some days ago to Snow Leopard on my Laptop (see signature).

I currently have 10.6.8 and with lot's of effort I managed to have Video (with QE/CI), Audio (VoodooHDA), track pad, ethernet, Bluetooth, usb WiFi and everything is working cool except:

My PSTN modem: I don't think there are any possible solutions out there

Intel 5100 WiFi: The same as above

and the SLEEP PROBLEM:

My computer goes to sleep alright but then it hangs and I have to force turn it off with the power button. I've tried millions of sleep enables, disable USB legacy etc etc but to no avail. How should I proceed? I attache the files needed for the DSDT Auto-Patcher as requested (I created the DSDT from Windows in order to have a fully working OS).

I don't know if with DSDT also the brightness controls (slider + shortcut buttons) can be enabled too?

Thanks a lot!!

send_me.zip

Did what you said, but am having the following kernel panic(s) - see attached.

My guess is I rushed trying to apply the speedstep.

Disabled speedstep but still get the

Kernel Etensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (166.0)...

Do you know of a work around?

post-794720-1312020472_thumb.jpg

post-794720-1312020667_thumb.jpg

Dear MaLd0n,

Please help me create the patch pack or a patched DSDT. My system is similar to the one in Mammoth's guide:

HP Pavilion DV7t-3000 | Intel Ibex Peak-M PM55, Intel Lynnfield | Core i7-720QM | Sound Intel IDT 92HD75B3X5 | Nvidia GeForce GT230M 1024Mb + HDMI | 2x2 GB DDR3 1066MHz | Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN | USB Wifi Tenda W541U V2.0 (Ralink chipset) | Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20) | 17.3" 1900x600 | HDD Seagate ST9500420AS (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II) | Bios Insyde EFI F.1D

Everything works ok with some old, generic kexts ( VoodooPS2 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.3, realtek from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.8 ...), 4 CPUs 8 threads and Sleep are also ok. However, the sound is not configurable (such as volume, headphone line ...) I'm preparing to give a try on Lion 10.7.

Please find my clean DSDT in the attachments.

I appreciate your work a lot.

Thanks and best regards,

Dung Huynh

Clean_DTDT_from_AIDA64.zip

send_me_dv7_i7.zip

remove EvOreboot

What happens power management kexts?

use clean install

yes a clean install, not updating

power management kexts are loading, applelpc.kext, etc.

the system hangs, wenn i plug in the usb stick in the usb 3.0 port.

shutdown and restart now okay, im using chimera as boot file for now, strange dunno what is different to the trunk version

Hey Maldon.

I'm about to buy a Lenovo Z560 with the following specs:

Processor: Core i3 380M

Memory: 4gb DDR3 1066Mhz

Geforce 310M

Here it is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834146985

How would I go about getting a DSDT for this particular model?

Also I'm really sorry. I'm a complete noob when it comes to DSDT's. I've had a couple hackintosh laptops and desktops before, but I've never had to mess with the DSDT, so does anyone else have this model laptop? Or could lead me in the right direction for getting this fully working?

Alright, so I would install osx with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and retail 10.6.3 disc, and run the file from the folder you just sent me? Then once I get the dsdt from you... where do I put it? Or what do I do with it?

I have tried patching my own DSDT but have had it fail 2 times during patching and was wondering if you could help me out.

I have attached my DSDT.aml

------------

Mobo: ASUS P5N-e SLI

CPU: Pentium D E5200

GPU: EVGA GTS 450

LAN: NForce

Audio: Realtek HDA

dsdt.BlincOSX.zip

where do I put it? Or what do I do with it?

Extra folder or root of the HD

Hi MaLd0n,

Many, many thanks for all your hard work. I successfully autopatched the dsdt of my HP DV6830us laptop currently running Mac OS 10.7 using your auto patcher (with HP DV6 profile). I then added it to my Extra folder and verified it was being read (via Wait=Yes). However, my FN keys do not work (the screen brightness will not adjust and it is dim), nor does sleep, restart, volume sliders (using VoodooHDA), battery charge reading, etc. I do use various kext for trackpad/keyboard, FakeSMC, audio, RTL ethernet, and broadcom wireless. I have attached the relevant files as you request. Again, many thanks.

send_me.zip