5755 replies to this topic

BloodyVlad

BloodyVlad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

remove _DSM in device PNP0303

Returned to using your previous dsdt, because new one messed up my keyboard and NumLock doesn't work, and old problems with RTC and Wireless switch persist. Remove _DSM with what? DSDTSE or what tool you suggest?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

Returned to using your previous dsdt, because new one messed up my keyboard and NumLock doesn't work, and old problems with RTC and Wireless switch persist. Remove _DSM with what? DSDTSE or what tool you suggest?

RTC OK
Look at the device

Use DSDT Editor and Patcher

BloodyVlad

BloodyVlad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Sorry, NumLock is not working in old DSDT also now. DSDT not a problem, i've installed smbios from macbook 6.1 from first post, can it be the problem? I'll check now. Maybe RTC is OK in DSDT but it сlears CMOS, and it dosn't with Eliott's kext. I'll your tool.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
Use fresh install
remove _DSM into PS2Keyboard

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
[quote name='MaLd0n' date='Jun 19 2011, 05:01 PM' post='1700441']

Hi Maldon,
Thank you, you are so fast.
almost everything works fine, sleep works too. Power button freezes system.
Most annoying - random kernel panics during startup and powerdown
mostly kextd and configd.
Regards
verleihnix

BloodyVlad

BloodyVlad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
It's my working machine, I can't make new install right now. NumLock is not a big problem. I managed to find and remove _DSL Section in PS2K device, recompile and replace the file, but it still works like CLEAR "C" button in Calculator - just like on Apple USB keyboard. I removed keybord***.plists in Preferences. Where can it be stored in other place? NumLock works while in BIOS or Chameleon menu, but turns of after OS starts loading. And It's PS2K, not PS2_Keyboard, no difference?
Thanks a lot for giving link to DSDT Editor and Patcher - great tool - i'll try to get rid of RTC clear myself now.

ne0n2010

ne0n2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Video use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Shutdown in DSDT Nforce :thumbsdown_anim:
but
I tried :P

HPET
remove HPETDevice
try it

AppleACPIBattery, AppleACPIPS2Nub, AppleACPIPS2Controller, ASUSK50IN (audio), fakesmc <-- You need

HDAEnabler or HDEF in DSDT

send me the DSDT edited by them

Extract from Windows
use Everest
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=225991
or DSDT Editor and Patcher
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=223205

okay i used everest to extract my dsdt but its a bin file not .aml ?

The Weez

The Weez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

look it
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=232678
"load optmized defaults" and try again
use a fresh install

Bad news again. I followed your instructions doing a fresh install using hackboot, installing chameleon and using DSDT Auto Patcher and when I rebooted I got the same panic message.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

Most annoying - random kernel panics during startup and powerdown
mostly kextd and configd.

post a photo

It's my working machine, I can't make new install right now. NumLock is not a big problem. I managed to find and remove _DSL Section in PS2K device, recompile and replace the file, but it still works like CLEAR "C" button in Calculator - just like on Apple USB keyboard. I removed keybord***.plists in Preferences. Where can it be stored in other place? NumLock works while in BIOS or Chameleon menu, but turns of after OS starts loading. And It's PS2K, not PS2_Keyboard, no difference?
Thanks a lot for giving link to DSDT Editor and Patcher - great tool - i'll try to get rid of RTC clear myself now.

use adress --> PNP0303
the names vary

okay i used everest to extract my dsdt but its a bin file not .aml ?

.bin to .aml

Bad news again. I followed your instructions doing a fresh install using hackboot, installing chameleon and using DSDT Auto Patcher and when I rebooted I got the same panic message.

P35-DS3L??? Attached File  aaa_icon_crazy.gif   1001bytes   0 downloads
post a photo and DSDT

The Weez

The Weez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

P35-DS3L??? Attached File  aaa_icon_crazy.gif   1001bytes   0 downloads
post a photo and DSDT

lol That's what I was questioning as well this morning. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a P35-DS3L. I didn't look at the board, I had used one of those system profiler applications in Windows. I will double-check the board to confirm.

What do you want a photo of?

I will reinstall OSX and then run DSDT Auto-Patcher again and then post the DSDT.

Edit: I posted the photo and DSDT in this post: http://www.insanelym...p...23&st=3880#

Noam AA

Noam AA

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Meld0n hey again,
after snip looking at your dsdt, i understood there is a lot more going on(other methods, much tiny), so i started my research here and i found a lot of things very useful, but the bad part is every time i have free time to try things the forum is unresponsive so it's really hard to progress (just found a fix :D i will download the topics)
i started looking around (between jobs) and tried to get things done.
so, i found MC dsdt patches really useful to my board.
i was sitting here compering the most unmodified p5k-pro dsdt to mine (p5k-se), it it's really similar (but there are some exceptions of curse ^_^), and starting my way to dsdt v3.3. after some trails i got most working with not much to change (mostly delete).
but the one thing that was a real pain this two days was getting usb sleep to work again. (without any usb connected the machine went to sleep like a baby ^_^)
so, it started by understanding i must change the jumper to allow 5v+ on s3 (and to allow usb wake),
before, non of the usb port allowed sleep, after, both the top usb ports in my onboard allowing sleep(if i'm connecting a usb1 device it will show in ioreg as uhc6, if high speed usb then uhci), but all the others just waking it up. (oh, and one more thing i like is those two started act little different now on sleep, when ever i plug/unplug usb from those port the system wakes, in the dsdt including your patches this does not happening, which in this case i don't know if they can wake from sleep)

i feel really stupid right now, it seems i only moved 1 out of 4 jumpers, (i feel more dumb then ever cause i read the manual countless times :angel:) now i even got rid of the ugly disk removal error ^_^:)^_^:):):)

now everything seems to work very well, i need to check more to see if some various crashes i had before will go again. only thing now if you may help, is how to reduce temps a bit.
it seems that with your dsdt temp is bit low then this one, about 5-6C. is there anything i can do about it?
tell me if you want to help a bit i will post the new dsdt (i'm asking because i think it's more complex then the regular dsdt patches)

YAY, everything work! finally!
i added a DSM to the LCPB and now the temps are very low! (OC@3GHZ - 24-28C)!

seems like everything related to DSDT has been solved!
have only one issue with both dsdt when i replug a usb something like 4-5 times in something like a minute, it causing all the usb to be unresponsive(if something was connected before, it will still work but if i disconnect and connect it it will stop working)
it seems like that was my problem all along when i had various time trying to Jailbreak some devices and made my usb unresponsive (while there was instance i had no trouble jailbreaking) and i don't think it's dsdt related but maybe.

this is the last oneAttached File  dsdt.aml.zip   2.89KB   3 downloads, seems like Master Chief is really a big master, from diff between his v3.1 and mine, i only had to remove things, and to add the DSM to the LCPB.
just wonder how can i check things around to see if everything working like it should, is there anything i can check?

rawbkk

rawbkk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
hi MaLd0n,

im having the dell l702x (XPS17) with 3d graphic.at the moment 10.6.8 is running with kernel from tonymac BridgeHelper 2.01.im using the dsdt from "wen1" (user from this forum) which you compiled for him,but this one is for the dell with optimus.
so for me the nvidia graphic doesnt work and im really sorry but i have no clue how to edit dsdt in the right way.
(im already hard trying for 3 weeks to get mac os to work ;-)
sound is working so main thing is graphic.
i also realized that geekbench is showing me about 7700 points,on that system it should be around 10500,not sure if this is because of the dsdt or the kernel.the kernel from Bridgehelper was the only one working for me.

i would be really thankfull if you could help me with this!!!
thank you so much,its amazing how much time you spend here people helping out,thats awesome!!!

attached the "send me.zip"

Thanks a lot Kai !!!!!!

Attached File  send_me.zip   121.65KB   2 downloads

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

post a photo

Hi Maldon,
here are some pictures.

Attached Files

tangwd898

tangwd898

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi there,
i just want to use this tools to make my DSDT, but i found there's no my motherboard in list of the program. my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP45T-EXTREME.
can you please make a DSDT or add my motherboard model in the program's list?

Thank you very much.

nexus77777

nexus77777

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

http://www.insanelym...ation lion#1024

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=140941

Well For Intel D945GCCR , seems "sounds assetions" have something to do with permissions or with "Audio" Prefs in /L/P/Audio ...
still looking for ... but after some reboots/permissions repair it disappears .... ??? strange behaviors...

All is working except the the cosmetic SATA in ASP ...

so here are my files...

Many Thanks MaLd0n for your work !!! especially for the Lan !!!

Attached Files

efimac

efimac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

use kexts
I also have many problems with this patch
I do not use this patch

try it

USB "Built in"? UHCI and EHCI?

Sorry for the late reply. It is working now. Thanks again and again.

stealthblade

stealthblade

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi MaLd0n,

Could you help me with the DSDT.

I have the following hardware:
P8H67-M PRO
4 Gb DDR3
Intel I3 2100
HD2000

Thanks!

Attached File  send_me.zip   106.95KB   9 downloads

BloodyVlad

BloodyVlad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I used DSDT Editor and patcher to edit your DSDT. I've managed to enable Conexant Cx20585 audio, fixed RTC - now working without clearing CMOS. Can you help me with code to enable GT330m 1Gb via DSDT?

sthomp001

sthomp001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi MaLd0n,

I was hoping you could help me with my error message.

When I boot from my new MIID (external USB drive) I get this error message: panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff000053f40c): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"acpi\".\n "@users/taptun/desktop/kernel........"

I have a HP Pavillion DV8t-1000 and used Mammoth's MIIF. Do I have to use another DSDT? If so do you have one? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

_DOD not returning value is ... External (in ssdt) call to a control for video display. is it a hybrid video ?
Or _DOD needs to return zero

Sorry have been away to reply.
Back now ;)
Yes it is a hybrid video. The laptop has Intel HD Graphics and ATI 5470M. BIOS has options: "Switchable" or "Discrete". Setting it to Discrete permanently sets it to ATI (which is what I).

So, what do I need to do to _DOD to return a value ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSDT, patcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy