DSDT patcher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5755 replies to this topic

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
I'm no longer maintaining the patches for Auto-Patcher. The app with on-line patches database is discontinued.

Current Auto-Patcher release and latest patches

DSDT Editor and Patcher

Useful links:
-DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards
-P5K PRO
-DSDT: trick retail drivers by changing "device-id" (e.g USB), Fix sleep issues of ICH9/-R faking ICH10-R
-Slow Sata Issue Fix, How to fix HPET IRQ conflict that cause that
-ALC889A, Gigabyte (Intel), AppleHDA works nVidia built-in HDMI audio and some ATI brands.
-[HOW TO] Patch AppleHDA - Knowledge Base, Guide for how to fix/use original AppleHDA
-DSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Generic Scope (_PR)
-[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L, Illustrated Step by Step Guide + BootCD
-[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation.
-Shutdown Fix
-HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 10.6.3 Install Package, Retail installation, full HW support
-Asus P8P67 Pro install guide, Installation guide for P8P67 Pro and possibly other P67 based mobo'
-Atheros AR9285 fix for Snow Leopard, Atheros 0x2b fix
-GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications
-Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition
-SpeedStepper, AICPUPM patcher for ASUS P8P67 (and others)
-Editing Custom connector info for Intel HD 3000 Graphics (sandy bridge, OSX Lion)
-AppleHDA in Lion

Sinadrin

Sinadrin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Thanks a lot i really appreciate it, one question MaLd0n in the auto patcher for DX58so why didn't you add the code AHCI SATA orange icon in the patcher? is it positive to use that code or the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext?

thanks.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it, one question MaLd0n in the auto patcher for DX58so why didn't you add the code AHCI SATA orange icon in the patcher? is it positive to use that code or the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext?

thanks.

I injected the device ID 3a22(need the kext IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext) into the SATA device because...

ESB2 AHCI (silver icons for internal HDs instead of orange ones)
This "fix" was not used ->hotplug problems.

If you want to use 2681 you can use...

:D

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,839 posts
Thanks, Maldon, very nice.

Keep up the good work.

:(

mFlower

mFlower

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
MSI P45 NEO3-FR V2 ----> DSDT.aml Please!!!

w9w9bc@gmail.com

kawai7

kawai7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks .... but is required
GA-P35-DQ6 DSDT Auto Patcher? ;)

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Thanks .... but is required
GA-P35-DQ6 DSDT Auto Patcher? ;)

you can test?

DSDT Auto-Patcher GA P35-DQ6

Use Extra Folder and LegacyHda ALC889A

MSI P45 NEO3-FR V2 ----> DSDT.aml Please!!!

w9w9bc@gmail.com

Upload your DSDT
run on terminal
perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

send me also a kextstat and ioreg -fl

kawai7

kawai7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much
Will have to try to raise test report ;)

P35-DQ6 BIOS F9
DDR2 PC6400 2G*2
8600GTS 256MB

kawai7

kawai7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
DSDT Auto Patcher The test is failed ..
Currently being used to attach the dsdt ;)

GA-P35 DQ6
E6300 2.8Ghz
DDR2 PC6400*2
8600 GTS 256M

DSDT

Sorry
Do not upload files

Attached Files

cheapo

cheapo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Is there any way I can see what each individual patch does? My GA-P35-DS3 DSDT already has a lot of patches, but there are a couple there I'd like to apply by myself.

mFlower

mFlower

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
M/B - MSI P45 NEO3-FR V2
VGA - Geforce 9600GT

MSI P45 NEO3-FR V2..... DSDT.....Please!!!!! help me!!

w9w9bc@gmail.com

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

DSDT Auto Patcher The test is failed ..
Currently being used to attach the dsdt :(

GA-P35 DQ6
E6300 2.8Ghz
DDR2 PC6400*2
8600 GTS 256M

DSDT

Sorry
Do not upload files

please do not quote the whole post.

what you want to do in DSDT?
IT'S OK!

DSDT Auto Patcher will not work for you
your DSDT is fully edited
if you want to test must remove
restart
apply

but you do not need

ADVISE is not using the ESB2!
0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
} _linenums:0'>Device (SATA) { Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002) Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) { Store (Package (0x02) { "device-id", Buffer (0x04) { <strong class='bbc'>0x81, 0x26</strong>, 0x00, 0x00 } }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } }

Is there any way I can see what each individual patch does? My GA-P35-DS3 DSDT already has a lot of patches, but there are a couple there I'd like to apply by myself.

Use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=223205
what you want to apply the DSDT?

M/B - MSI P45 NEO3-FR V2
VGA - Geforce 9600GT

MSI P45 NEO3-FR V2..... DSDT.....Please!!!!! help me!!

w9w9bc@gmail.com

Post #7

fbifido

fbifido

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Upload your DSDT
run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

send me also a kextstat and ioreg -fl

Can you make this into a script for linux and mac
and make it zip them all up, so it becomes easy to upload

Thank you.

From my Vmware installed of Mac OS X 10.6.5

using a boot cd, to start my vm.

Attached Files

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

*ESB2 AHCI (silver icons for internal HDs instead of orange ones)
This "fix" was not used as it reduces capabilities, including real 64bit sata transfer and hotplug.

Hi guys.... what about this issue mentioned by maldon?? i've edited the dsdt few times ago for native esb2 on my ich10 mb without problems so far... is it true?? it's best to leave original ich10 detection and put ahciblockstorage.kext???? Haven't found threads about this.... hope i'll get explanation...
tnx all.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,839 posts

Hi guys.... what about this issue mentioned by maldon?? i've edited the dsdt few times ago for native esb2 on my ich10 mb without problems so far... is it true?? it's best to leave original ich10 detection and put ahciblockstorage.kext???? Haven't found threads about this.... hope i'll get explanation...
tnx all.

I inject ESB2 ID in my ICH9 mobo (Asus P5E) and also never had a problem.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Can you make this into a script for linux and mac
and make it zip them all up, so it becomes easy to upload

Thank you.

From my Vmware installed of Mac OS X 10.6.5

using a boot cd, to start my vm.

This script won't work on Linux. You can run "sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml" to extract DSDT on Linux.

These patchers are intended to be run on the machine for which you are preparing the DSDT, you can't run them on other computer or in a virtual machine.

tnx all.

the problem of hotplug I confirm
this problem exists

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts
Just an idea, but has anyone here actually tried to add "AHCI-CAP" (with the C5 value changed) additionally to the ESB2 device-id change on a ICH10 based board?

BTW: 64-bit mode is NOT disabled here so using ESB2 does NOT disable it. At least not here! And looking at the port speed, which is still set to 3 Gigabit... how exactly should it slow down the SATA ports? In fact; the drive speed with and without the device change to ESB2 is EXACTLY the same.
Also. I am using ESB2 (on my desktop hack) since Master Chief wrote about his find here, and I haven't had a single corrupted drive.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
Can I use it to patch an unmodified DSDT.aml from a Live Ubuntu CD or does your patcher actually only patch a running OS that has DSDT override? If it only works on a running OS then you cannot really use this patcher unless you run Leopard 10.5 etc. that does not have DSDT override.

cheapo

cheapo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER
what you want to apply the DSDT?

Thanks MaLd0n! My DSDT is kinda different from the original GA-P35-DS3 (I'm using a patched one I found a while ago). Since it's working well since May and I'm not using some patches from yours (for example, I had a few problems when trying to patch my DSDT to use the Realtek network interface: it didn't work right when using VMWare's bridged network and Rivet to share media with my XBOX 360 so I'm using a kext for that) I just patched my DSDT with the shutdown fix found on the patch list and now everything is working fine.

Ah, e só agora percebi que você é brasileiro. Valeu!

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Can I use it to patch an unmodified DSDT.aml from a Live Ubuntu CD or does your patcher actually only patch a running OS that has DSDT override? If it only works on a running OS then you cannot really use this patcher unless you run Leopard 10.5 etc. that does not have DSDT override.

DSDT override does not depend on Mac OS version, it's a bootloader (Chameleon) feature.
Even if your bootloader supports DSDT override, it will use the original DSDT from BIOS if you do not provide a modified one, so you can use this patcher, yes.
if you want to patch from Linux or Windows you can use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER
extract the patch from DSDT Auto-Patcher GA.../CONTENTS/RESOURCES/JAVA/patch.txt
:)

Thanks MaLd0n! My DSDT is kinda different from the original GA-P35-DS3 (I'm using a patched one I found a while ago). Since it's working well since May and I'm not using some patches from yours (for example, I had a few problems when trying to patch my DSDT to use the Realtek network interface: it didn't work right when using VMWare's bridged network and Rivet to share media with my XBOX 360 so I'm using a kext for that) I just patched my DSDT with the shutdown fix found on the patch list and now everything is working fine.

Ah, e só agora percebi que você é brasileiro. Valeu!

Everest
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=225991
DSDT EDITOR Linux_Mac_Win

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSDT, patcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy