• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

NinjaTails

NinjaTails

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I know this laptop hasn't even come out yet, but I've got a friend that works at Dell and they sent him home from a conference with one of these babies to show his friends, and I was lucky to be one of those. This thing is amazing, just google it. I love the tablet functionality but it keeps the productivity with the keyboard. The only problem? It's got Windows on it.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to get Mac OS X on it. Obviously it's got an Atom processor in it, and Intel graphics. I'll ask him if he knows any other specs on it but I doubt he'll know (he's just in marketing)

I've never successfully installed Mac OS X on a PC (last time I tried was on a Compaq Presario SR2011WM, and never even got to the install screen because of a "Waiting on Root Device" message), so while I want to buy this and try to install the Mac OS on it, I'm not sure how well that endeavor is going to work out.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
It is hard to tell without knowing the specification. Hopefully it can be done.

NinjaTails

NinjaTails

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Yeah, all I know is that it runs on an Intel Atom 1.66 Ghz, and that it was incredibly awesome to use. it has dual touch (not multi touch, just dual touch. guess they had to get around the apple patent). Don't Atoms have integrated graphics on-chip? I'm sure with as many Atoms that are out there right now, there's bound to be some kexts already out there. The current Inspiron Mini runs on an Atom N450, so until I see it next I'm just going to assume it runs on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy