• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jchiera

jchiera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Girls :P, Paintball, Airsoft, friends, hanging out, being outside, mountain biking, hiking, rock...
Hello, I was received an HP Pavilion dm4 series laptop for my Birthday last summer and I thought to myself that it looked like a MacBook. So I finally decided that I wanted to try to install Snow Leopard on it. So I have downloaded a .dmg file of Snow Leopard Server edition and just regular Snow Leopard. I burnt the server edition for a DL DVD because it is equivalent to a 64 Bit Windows OS and the DVD is bootable. I have found this guide here and it claims that it is easy and it's known as the "Retail method" of installation, which is the most trusted. So I put the Image of SL Server on the flash drive and the flash drive is bootable now. The only thing I am not sure about is, if my laptop is 100% compatible or if it will even work. I have tried searching on google and I found some sites with compatible components for OSx86, but I couldnt find any Server edition sites. Here is a list of my system specs for my Laptop.

SYSTEM SPECS:

-Processor:
Intel® Core™ i5-430M Dual Core processor (2.26GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.53GHz

-Graphics:
Intel® HD Graphics [HDMI, VGA]

-Memory:
Samsung 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
Serial Number: 47A88D54
Part Number: M471B5673FH0-CH9

-HDD:
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

-Optical Drive
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

-
Netowrking:
Broadcom 4313AGN 802.11a/b/g/draft-n WiFi Adapter (Wireless)
Integrated 10/100/1000Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ-45 connect (NIC Card)

-Audio:
Dolby™ audio + Altec Lansing speakers

-Chipset:
Intel HM55 Express

-Motherboard:
Hewlett-Packard 146A KBC Version 58.1A

I hope that this is enough information, if more is needed please let me know. I want to thank you for reading my post and making a reply that will hopefully help me solve this issue.

-Thank You
jchiera

jchiera

jchiera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Girls :P, Paintball, Airsoft, friends, hanging out, being outside, mountain biking, hiking, rock...
Is anyone able to help me out? Please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy