LegacyAppleRTC

NullCPUPowerManagement

What remained in E/E is (recalling my brain:

Fakesmc

JMicron36xSATA

Voodoobattery

VoodooPS2

ACPIPS2Nub

Concerning sound I have to fire up Windows with Aida64 to see what I have. I might be wrong with the sound as I just assumed it by reading reviews for the series. One review even states a Nvidia GT216 High Definition Audio Controller. I am confused and have to check.

I fired up the fixed DSDT yesterday and the lap started well. Speedstep and brightness works now. However I tested Sleep and strangely had trouble with wake. Have to investigate further.

I suppose you made some mismtakes:

- you don't need GraphicsEnabler=Yes key in Boot.plist if you're using gfx fix in DSDT

- do you really need JMicron36xSATA?

- EvOreboot, LegacyAppleRTC, NullCPUPowerManagement never were needed

Please attatch your latest: DSDT.dsl, smbios.plist, Boot.plist. Leave in /E/E only Fakesmc, ACPIPS2Nub, VoodooPS2, remove VoodooHDA and boot your lap without your custom DSDT ('DSDT=No' at boot or move it somewere out of the /Extra) and save once more IORegEpl and attach it also.

Well, our devices seem to be good for hackintoshing.

But can I use the R780-DSDT also on R580 with i3 CPU and gt330m?

Sound is alc 269 and not alc 889.

Never use somebody's DSDT if you do not want to screw up your hardware.

I suppose you made some mismtakes:

- you don't need GraphicsEnabler=Yes key in Boot.plist if you're using gfx fix in DSDT

Oh yes. Totally forgot about it.

- do you really need JMicron36xSATA?

Good question. No. Deleted

- EvOreboot, LegacyAppleRTC, NullCPUPowerManagement never were needed

This is automatically a safe option it seems if you use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. I was not sure which to delete to ensure proper operation.

Please attatch your latest: DSDT.dsl, smbios.plist, Boot.plist. Leave in /E/E only Fakesmc, ACPIPS2Nub, VoodooPS2, remove VoodooHDA and boot your lap without your custom DSDT ('DSDT=No' at boot or move it somewere out of the /Extra) and save once more IORegEpl and attach it also.

Done. Thanks.

R780pack.zip

Well, our devices seem to be good for hackintoshing.

But can I use the R780-DSDT also on R580 with i3 CPU and gt330m?

Sound is alc 269 and not alc 889.

Methos and tweaks may not apply for your system as it may have different components. I Filemerged Bungo´s DSDT and noticed the nearly identical setup as he has the same Lapmodel just built for his country slightly a tad different.

After that everything seems normal (Fn+Up/Down are dead).

There is anyway to change this? I would like to change to cahnge the F12 and Break to Up and Down.

I also have another problem, When I press to sleep, he does it, but when I try to wake him up the screen doesn't wake up.. I shutdown complity pressing the power button and then when is boting he wakes up.

How can I fix this?

Methos and tweaks may not apply for your system as it may have different components. I Filemerged Bungo´s DSDT and noticed the nearly identical setup as he has the same Lapmodel just built for his country slightly a tad different.

That's right! It's why no one should to apply fixes to DSDT blindly.

@Morphium,

I attached my smbios.plist and Boot.plist. In smbios.plist you can change values: SMmemmanufacter_1/2 to your memory vendor, SMmempart_1/2 to your memory part nr., SMmemserial_1/2 to your memory serial nr. and SMmemtype to your memory speed if you have different. These values you can get from CPU-Z (Windows).

Next find in IORegExpl display0 and under AppleDisplay (or AppleBacklightDisplay) connected to display0 check IODisplayEDID key, it contains values for EDID key in gfx patch in DSDT (may be different to mine). Before that prepare your DSDT without EDIT key in it (commentout it).

New NVCAP - change second byte from 0x00 to 0x01:

0x04, 0x01 , 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,

0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

If your lap's lid don't put it to sleep that may help (no LID0 patching needed). Read fassl's topic

Attach your lspci -nn, please.

smbios_Boot_plists.zip

There is anyway to change this? I would like to change to cahnge the F12 and Break to Up and Down.

Use ivik's VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

I also have another problem, When I press to sleep, he does it, but when I try to wake him up the screen doesn't wake up.. I shutdown complity pressing the power button and then when is boting he wakes up.

How can I fix this?

Try this

hello every one, i'm still having problems installing on my R730.

with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd it starts loading the osx cd and then it loads a gui with the apple logo with a little loading icon just under it. but after a few seconds a halt icon pops up that looks a bit like canstock4403144.jpg and then just sits there!

and with the Nawcom MOD CD it gets so far then just says waiting for the root device :/

any ideas? cheers

hello every one, i'm still having problems installing on my R730.

with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd it starts loading the osx cd and then it loads a gui with the apple logo with a little loading icon just under it. but after a few seconds a halt icon pops up that looks a bit like canstock4403144.jpg and then just sits there!

and with the Nawcom MOD CD it gets so far then just says waiting for the root device :/

any ideas? cheers

Switch AHCI to Manual, Enabled in BIOS.

i´ve seen some of u discussed speed step before, how can i check if it works right ?

does somebody know a method to route the fn + f12... keys for brightness to the default arrow keys of the laptop ?

i still got the "hibernate too old..." message during boot, is it possible to get rid of it, if yes how ?

@mamen

I tried this and it didn't work

What are you refering to?

I tested that fix succesfuly on 2 laptops and some people got it working too but it doesn't mean that will work for all. It's temporary fix working for me until i find a better one.

First check in your DSDT if Device (PWRB) (search for a string "PNP0C0C") exists and looks similiar to mine:

Device (PWRB)
				{
					Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
					Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
					{
						0x1E, 
						0x04   // <= you can try 0x03 or 0x05
					})
				}

Next copy only a section _PRW and place under Device (H_EC) (search for a string "PNP0C09"):

Device (H_EC)
			{
				Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09"))
				Name (_UID, 0x01)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x1E, 
					0x04   // <= you can try 0x03 or 0x05
				})

}

@antagon

i´ve seen some of u discussed speed step before, how can i check if it works right ?

Intel SpeedStep

does somebody know a method to route the fn + f12... keys for brightness to the default arrow keys of the laptop ?

Read post #108

i still got the "hibernate too old..." message during boot, is it possible to get rid of it, if yes how ?

Fire up a Terminal and enter:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

And if you want to free the space the hibernate file takes up enter:

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

great thx a lot brightness keys are working, hibernate message away, speedstep i´ll see later... but i got sadly another problem with my trackpad now, it moves mouse arrow so slow that it isn´t usable anymore...

i found a solution for that:

i made a mistake first, i changed the whole voodoops2controller.kext not only the voodoops2keyboard.kext inside that package...

after i fixed it all works fine

Thanks bungo for your kindly support. I will look after your fixes in my system.

@antagon

See also MSR Tools. They show you some information how your CPU is in its actual state. If it states a turbocharged mode than its overclocking all the time which means no speedstep at all. Mine showed 2.66. I also had some obsolete .kexts in E/E like NullCPU .

thx morphium i wondered how to find the current state of my cpu, and yep i see a frequency around 2,53 -> 110 % at the moment... trying to fix that now...

works perferct after deleting the unnecassary kexts in e/e

evoreeboot

jMicron36xSATA

LegacyAppleRTC

NullCPUPowermanagement

great thx a lot brightness keys are working, hibernate message away, speedstep i´ll see later... but i got sadly another problem with my trackpad now, it moves mouse arrow so slow that it isn´t usable anymore...

i found a solution for that:

i made a mistake first, i changed the whole voodoops2controller.kext not only the voodoops2keyboard.kext inside that package...

after i fixed it all works fine

Change speed to max (right) in voodoops2 prefpane.

Switch AHCI to Manual, Enabled in BIOS.

thank for you help that worked ;)

every thing install fine, restarted the computer put [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] back in booted from the harddisk and i get:

Acpi Table not found: DSDT.aml

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root value: 0

and it just sits there! any ideas? cheers

after all tweaks and fixes i did everything apart from sleep works well, but sometimes during boot i get a kernel panic (typical screen -> switch off power...), mostly during the second atempt it boots with success.

How can i figure out what the problem is ?

I have the exact symptoms. I cannot figure the KP as I dont know how to read the cause for it. I´ll take a snapshot and post. Maybe its the VoodoHDA or some other kext.

First boot after being turned off for long mostly KPs. 2nd attempt reboot and it boots up.

after all tweaks and fixes i did everything apart from sleep works well, but sometimes during boot i get a kernel panic (typical screen -> switch off power...), mostly during the second atempt it boots with success.

How can i figure out what the problem is ?

Boot with -v option and see which kext cause a KP. (take a photo and post it).