328 replies to this topic

gareth_iowc

gareth_iowc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
hi every one,

i have the r730-jb02uk and i'm having a few problems with the graphics and getting it to boot with out the ##### cd.

can any one tell me what kexts i need? cheers

crencom

crencom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Has anyone tried to install Lion on one of the Samsung R Series notebooks? I am currently reading into it to hopefully at some point do a Lion install on my Samsung R530 - Core i3, Nvidia 310m etc... Any feedback is welcomed.

antagon

antagon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
you need to install chameleon bootloader or any other working bootloader to get rid of ##### bootcd...

crencom

crencom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I have never been able to figure out how to get the battery status/icon to show on the menubar. Ive tried voodoobattery and it loads but nothing shows up. When I tick the button to display battery status, the icons move as is it will show, but nothing happens and the battery display button won't stay ticked.

Samsung R530 - Core i3 350m - nvidia 310m etc...

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Has anyone tried to install Lion on one of the Samsung R Series notebooks? I am currently reading into it to hopefully at some point do a Lion install on my Samsung R530 - Core i3, Nvidia 310m etc... Any feedback is welcomed.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=255797

MrZeroo00

MrZeroo00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Mac OS X :P !
Hey guys, did anybody get HDMI audio output working on a Samsung R530 (NVidia 310M), I read the precedent posts there are solutions that proposes to modify DSDT but I don't know to modify mine.

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I'm also wondering if anyone else got HDMI audio to work. The HDMI video comes out crisp but the audio just goes through the internal speakers. I'll post if I find anything new.

EDIT: Just found the HDMI audio info on this thread (oops, missed it before). Will tinker and get back to you.

Hey guys, did anybody get HDMI audio output working on a Samsung R530 (NVidia 310M), I read the precedent posts there are solutions that proposes to modify DSDT but I don't know to modify mine.

Gowon

Gowon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Can anyone help me get my wifi working? I've tried 3 different IO80211Family kexts and I still can't see it in my Network panel. On a Samsung R580 i3 M 330 with GeForce GT 310M.

gareth_iowc

gareth_iowc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
my r730 have the intel gma 4500m, does any one know of a mac driver for it? cheers

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Did you try google? Search input "site:insanelymac.com intel 4500" gives you some reading to do.

http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1490967

my r730 have the intel gma 4500m, does any one know of a mac driver for it? cheers

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 321 posts

Can anyone help me get my wifi working? I've tried 3 different IO80211Family kexts and I still can't see it in my Network panel. On a Samsung R580 i3 M 330 with GeForce GT 310M.

You forgot to tell us the most important thing: a model of your wi-fi card

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 321 posts

Sure, HDMI A&V work fine for me, but your case may be different.
There are two cases depend of gfx card:
1. HDMI audio device next to your gfx device (mine case)
or
2. HDMI audio under HDEF device
I've a solution for first case only. In the first case you need to add a Device (HDAU) section (copied from original MacBookPro6,1's DSDT ) to your DSDT but second i suppose needs modifying AppleHDA and DSDT.
IORegistryExplorer should tell you wchich one is your case.

jbronstein

jbronstein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Sure, HDMI A&V work fine for me, but your case may be different.
There are two cases depend of gfx card:
1. HDMI audio device next to your gfx device (mine case)
or
2. HDMI audio under HDEF device
I've a solution for first case only. In the first case you need to add a Device (HDAU) section (copied from original MacBookPro6,1's DSDT ) to your DSDT but second i suppose needs modifying AppleHDA and DSDT.
IORegistryExplorer should tell you wchich one is your case.

Hi everyone, i have a Samsung R430 with Core2Duo, Geforce310m, 4gigs ram, sound Alc269, Atheros 9285. ive been reading for a while all the posts in this thread and starting with DSDT editing but im kind of new to this stuff.
I have installed using iatkos and upgrading to 10.6.7 everything works good besides sleep, brigthness. and HDMI audio output.
So i would like to start dsdt editing but im still a newbie. What ive already done is to insert DSDT audio to get rid of VoodooHDA, its not 100% stable although, i dont know why (I think its due to AppleHDA kext). I would like if someone knows, which Fixes or codes are needed in order to get Vanilla as much as its possible (Powermanagement, Gfx, HPET, brightness, hdmi audio, etc..) In order to update someday to Osx Lion also.
Hope someone could help me with some tips or ideas!
Thanks Anyway

Morphium

Morphium

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

no problems for me just applied the modified applehda and the other kext, into the package from jose33 (forgot the name at the moment)...

I ised the automatic update version, not the combo update...

I want to jump onto the 10.6.7. now. Do I have to repatch anything myself for the audio stuff? Care to add the needed elements please? Altough Lion is around, I have to update to 10.6.7. respectively 10.6.8 in order to be Lion ready.

EDIT:
Did it. Auto update and replaced the Apple HDA and IOAudiofamily with Jose´s versions via Kexthelper.

Seems these Kexts werent touched by Apple as I could not see any difference to prior version 10.6.6

fatherswatch

fatherswatch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Some help for Samsung R522 dual boot?

matt971

matt971

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Some help for Samsung R522 dual boot?

use chameleon

Alright thanx i'll try it!!

It's been a while guys so @derekreid i tried a retail installation and it worked but it don't reconize my ati mobility 4650, atheros ar5007eg wireless and my marvell yukon 88e8057 lan :( so now i'm looking for some solutions

fatherswatch

fatherswatch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

use chameleon

It's been a while guys so @derekreid i tried a retail installation and it worked but it don't reconize my ati mobility 4650, atheros ar5007eg wireless and my marvell yukon 88e8057 lan ;) so now i'm looking for some solutions

and what about kexts for the r522?

matt971

matt971

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

and what about kexts for the r522?

I'll try it thx for the info

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 321 posts

Hi everyone, i have a Samsung R430 with Core2Duo, Geforce310m, 4gigs ram, sound Alc269, Atheros 9285. ive been reading for a while all the posts in this thread and starting with DSDT editing but im kind of new to this stuff.
I have installed using iatkos and upgrading to 10.6.7 everything works good besides sleep, brigthness. and HDMI audio output.
So i would like to start dsdt editing but im still a newbie. What ive already done is to insert DSDT audio to get rid of VoodooHDA, its not 100% stable although, i dont know why (I think its due to AppleHDA kext). I would like if someone knows, which Fixes or codes are needed in order to get Vanilla as much as its possible (Powermanagement, Gfx, HPET, brightness, hdmi audio, etc..) In order to update someday to Osx Lion also.
Hope someone could help me with some tips or ideas!
Thanks Anyway

You need to read more about Vanilla install. If youl'll get it and succesfuly 'll install next most important thing will be working power management. Next you can step by step make your machine as close to Mac as possible

antagon

antagon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
just a report:

installed LION GM today according to the usb stick method tutorial available in this forum (without extra folder and chameleon on USB stick)....

works flawlessly as an update, i just installed lion over my 10.6.8 partition...
no need to reinstall chameleon or any other programm apart from little snitch (nightbuild)...

just need to install again:

- moded applehda + ioaudio kext from this thread,
- new voodoobattery from kexts.com

thats it, so far no problems...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy