Samsung R Series Notebooks

derekreid

327 posts in this topic

use chameleon

It's been a while guys so @derekreid i tried a retail installation and it worked but it don't reconize my ati mobility 4650, atheros ar5007eg wireless and my marvell yukon 88e8057 lan ;) so now i'm looking for some solutions

and what about kexts for the r522?

Hi everyone, i have a Samsung R430 with Core2Duo, Geforce310m, 4gigs ram, sound Alc269, Atheros 9285. ive been reading for a while all the posts in this thread and starting with DSDT editing but im kind of new to this stuff.

I have installed using iatkos and upgrading to 10.6.7 everything works good besides sleep, brigthness. and HDMI audio output.

So i would like to start dsdt editing but im still a newbie. What ive already done is to insert DSDT audio to get rid of VoodooHDA, its not 100% stable although, i dont know why (I think its due to AppleHDA kext). I would like if someone knows, which Fixes or codes are needed in order to get Vanilla as much as its possible (Powermanagement, Gfx, HPET, brightness, hdmi audio, etc..) In order to update someday to Osx Lion also.

Hope someone could help me with some tips or ideas!

Thanks Anyway

You need to read more about Vanilla install. If youl'll get it and succesfuly 'll install next most important thing will be working power management. Next you can step by step make your machine as close to Mac as possible

• 2 weeks later...

just a report:

installed LION GM today according to the usb stick method tutorial available in this forum (without extra folder and chameleon on USB stick)....

works flawlessly as an update, i just installed lion over my 10.6.8 partition...

no need to reinstall chameleon or any other programm apart from little snitch (nightbuild)...

just need to install again:

- moded applehda + ioaudio kext from this thread,

- new voodoobattery from kexts.com

thats it, so far no problems...

• 3 weeks later...
I've just successfully replaced the bad original display panel (Samsung LTN173KT01) from my R730 with a 1920x1080 WLED screen (AUO B173HW01 V4) :)

Much better! ;)

...and the optical drive with a 500gb HDD (WD5000BUDT)

Hi Marten,

Do you know where a bluetooth module is located?

EDIT: Found it, solved

Hi guys, I'm the owner of a Samsung R610 with 10.6.8 installed and I'd be glad to help by making a full working system and giving out my kexts and settings. Until now I have everything working except:

WiFi Intell 5100 - no solution, I'll change the card

Modem - not using it

Proper Sleep/Wake - Update: Now working, see below!

Brightness controls - Update2: Now working, see below!

I'd like to replace VoodooHDA also but that's low priority for now...

Let me start from the Sleep problem that I have had many progress:

Mald0n gave me a patched DSDT (thanks!) and in the beginning the PC was going to sleep but could not wake up. Then I discovered that enabling the S3 and EDB options in bios made the situation better:

1st time I press "sleep": the pc goes to proper sleep mode. I press the power button and after 5 seconds or so it goes to a semi-sleep mode (LED not flashing anymore and disks ready). Then I press again and it wakes up.

If I press the sleep again it goes again to that semi-sleep mode...

Any ideas on

1. How to make it wake up properly without having to wait and pressing two times the power button??

2. How to enable proper sleep even after the 1st time?

UPDATE: SLEEP WORKS PROPERLY HEAH!!! What I did to fix the last problem was this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1606265 Warning: The values might not be for your system as it was for mine. See post #113 on this thread for better explanation on how to do it! (very simple)

Now I am working on the brightness controls... I see the meter but it changes from Max to 0 only and then I cannot change it back to Max. It stays dark ;)

UPDATE 2: BRIGHTNESS NOW WORKS! What I did:

following http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...p;start=100#top post by user minihack. But the problem was that his plist file from Macbook 6.1 was causing strange behavior (screen flashing etc). So what I did, I downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152566 the files for Macbook 4.1 which is my laptop and I compared his plist with the original deviceproperties.plist. With some testing and luck I managed to isolate the part I needed for brightness (with the help of DiffMerge) and then injected it in my boot.plist. And..IT WORKS 100%!! brightness keys mapped with voodooPS2. I know that for someone all these may seem confusing because it required A LOT of bloody search!!! I think I will make a guide for this laptop soon so it will be more simpe to follow! Now I'm happy with my working snow leo!!!! (except for this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=264825 - any ideas??) cool! :rolleyes:

I attach you my current DSDT and the plist I used for brightness injection.

Archive.zip

Hi guys, I'm the owner of a Samsung R610 with 10.6.8 installed and I'd be glad to help by making a full working system and giving out my kexts and settings. Until now I have everything working except:

WiFi Intell 5100 - no solution, I'll change the card

Modem - not using it

Proper Sleep/Wake - Update: Now working, see below!

Brightness controls - Update2: Now working, see below!

I'd like to replace VoodooHDA also but that's low priority for now...

Let me start from the Sleep problem that I have had many progress:

Mald0n gave me a patched DSDT (thanks!) and in the beginning the PC was going to sleep but could not wake up. Then I discovered that enabling the S3 and EDB options in bios made the situation better:

1st time I press "sleep": the pc goes to proper sleep mode. I press the power button and after 5 seconds or so it goes to a semi-sleep mode (LED not flashing anymore and disks ready). Then I press again and it wakes up.

If I press the sleep again it goes again to that semi-sleep mode...

Any ideas on

1. How to make it wake up properly without having to wait and pressing two times the power button??

2. How to enable proper sleep even after the 1st time?

UPDATE: SLEEP WORKS PROPERLY HEAH!!! What I did to fix the last problem was this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1606265 Warning: The values might not be for your system as it was for mine. See post #113 on this thread for better explanation on how to do it! (very simple)

Now I am working on the brightness controls... I see the meter but it changes from Max to 0 only and then I cannot change it back to Max. It stays dark ;)

UPDATE 2: BRIGHTNESS NOW WORKS! What I did:

following http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...p;start=100#top post by user minihack. But the problem was that his plist file from Macbook 6.1 was causing strange behavior (screen flashing etc). So what I did, I downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152566 the files for Macbook 4.1 which is my laptop and I compared his plist with the original deviceproperties.plist. With some testing and luck I managed to isolate the part I needed for brightness (with the help of DiffMerge) and then injected it in my boot.plist. And..IT WORKS 100%!! brightness keys mapped with voodooPS2. I know that for someone all these may seem confusing because it required A LOT of bloody search!!! I think I will make a guide for this laptop soon so it will be more simpe to follow! Now I'm happy with my working snow leo!!!! (except for this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=264825 - any ideas??) cool! :)

I attach you my current DSDT and the plist I used for brightness injection.

Hey, I was wondering if you could help me. How did you find out what brightness thing to use? I have brightness enabled through DSDT, but only the first three works, it seems the brightness goes from from like 75% to 100%.

And for sleep, I'm confused as to what I am supposed to put where. Can you explain a bit more?

Hey, I was wondering if you could help me. How did you find out what brightness thing to use? I have brightness enabled through DSDT, but only the first three works, it seems the brightness goes from from like 75% to 100%.

And for sleep, I'm confused as to what I am supposed to put where. Can you explain a bit more?

Hi, what are your specs? You have the R610 too? Please write a signature so everyone can read your HW and be able to help you better :(

Hi, what are your specs? You have the R610 too? Please write a signature so everyone can read your HW and be able to help you better :)

I have a HP Probook 4530s with a HD 3000. and I have brightness working, just not evenly, as I have like 4 levels out of the 16 that actually are different.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem and I cant solve it. Ive worked on it for 3 days now. Here it is:

I updated my cable modem with a Motorola docsis 3 and a new router - Netgear WNDR3400. For the router no security and therefore no login.

Now the problem - NO INTERNET CONNECTION - I get the wonderful message "Self Assigned IP Address"

I have googled this issue and have tried several tips to fix this - No luck. Here is what I have tried -

- Setup and TEST profile

- manual ip address entry

- unselect "remember previous networks"

- delete all wireless, network, airport plists

- Installed a diff version of The Atheros kext

The router setup shows my system as a connected device, no ip address listed though and therefore no connection. It sux that I have to use Win 7 to type this post. I hadn't used Windows since before 2007. If someone has an idea I would appreciate it. I want my mac back.

System - Samsung R530 Core i3 etc - Running Lion 10.7.1

Thanks for any help

I have a problem and I cant solve it. Ive worked on it for 3 days now....

Same issue here with new routers and the AR9285, I've tried various kexts floating around and also some DSDT tweaking...to no avail. Please post if anyone has ideas.

Still on Snow Leopard here.

Same issue here with new routers and the AR9285, I've tried various kexts floating around and also some DSDT tweaking...to no avail. Please post if anyone has ideas.

Still on Snow Leopard here.

Still "Self Assigned IP" problem. Finally got smart and can connect now with my trusty Zonet USB Wireless Adapter. I don't want it to be permanent, but for now it works. Anyone else have ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm sorry for being a newbie, but I've been searching about installing Snow Leopard on my R580 notebook and i haven't found the answer for this question:

"What's the best way to install Snow Leopard on a R580 notebook?"

I know you guys have a lot of knowledge, but its hard for me to decide which way i should try, because there are too many of them.

Thank you very much!

Hey guys. I'm sorry for being a newbie, but I've been searching about installing Snow Leopard on my R580 notebook and i haven't found the answer for this question:

"What's the best way to install Snow Leopard on a R580 notebook?"

I would say start here: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/

The 1-click installs do more harm than good I think, read and learn lots.

ty for the advice. I'll try to install it and see what happens hehehhe

EDIT -> let me see if i understood it. I need to use a mac to prepare the files and make mac run on my pc?

That's right, for this method. Also, you aren't "making mac run on your pc," you are trying to run OS X on non-Apple hardware.

Honestly, you should do a lot more reading before you try anything. You need a basic understanding because, trust me, things will go wrong with the installation. The process has become much more novice-friendly, perhaps too much so that people blindly install with no idea what they are doing. Anyway, that's my two-cent disclaimer.

Some more reading for you:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243502

If you don't have a working OS X system available to you, look into nawcom's ModCD, meklort's NBI, or TonyMac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. But again, please have an idea what is going on before you install.

That's right, for this method. Also, you aren't "making mac run on your pc," you are trying to run OS X on non-Apple hardware.

Honestly, you should do a lot more reading before you try anything. You need a basic understanding because, trust me, things will go wrong with the installation. The process has become much more novice-friendly, perhaps too much so that people blindly install with no idea what they are doing. Anyway, that's my two-cent disclaimer.

Some more reading for you:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243502

If you don't have a working OS X system available to you, look into nawcom's ModCD, meklort's NBI, or TonyMac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. But again, please have an idea what is going on before you install.

ty very much. I've been reading a lot since yesterday, and I understood the whole proccess. The doubts I have are regarding to versions of the softwares, etc. I got a snow leopard (final retail). Is it going to work?

ty again,

Subs

EDIT -> didn't work with final retail. It simply restarts the computer everytime

• 2 weeks later...

What the heck am I doing wrong with my Sound fix? It used to work initially but after the updates it does not.

I just did a combo update to 10.6.8. Deleted the AppleHDA and IOaudiofamily repaired permissions and installed the 2 kexts via Kext Utility the provided ones from here (Jose). No Sound device at all.

Please give me a pointer.

TIA.

• 3 weeks later...
@mamen

I tested that fix succesfuly on 2 laptops and some people got it working too but it doesn't mean that will work for all. It's temporary fix working for me until i find a better one.

First check in your DSDT if Device (PWRB) (search for a string "PNP0C0C") exists and looks similiar to mine:

Device (PWRB)
				{
					Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
					Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
					{
						0x1E, 
						0x04   // <= you can try 0x03 or 0x05
					})
				}

Next copy only a section _PRW and place under Device (H_EC) (search for a string "PNP0C09"):

Device (H_EC)
			{
				Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09"))
				Name (_UID, 0x01)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				{
					0x1E, 
					0x04   // <= you can try 0x03 or 0x05
				})

}

Sleep broke on my hackintosh (Gigabyte P35-DS3L) when I upgraded from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8.

My PWRB looks different, and I don't have an H_EC.

What should I do?

DSDT.aml.zip

• 2 weeks later...