Samsung R Series Notebooks

derekreid

327 posts in this topic

Your installation is looking for a DSDT thats missing. Gareth, you have to extract your own DSDT from your system and apply the fixes manually to yours. It depends what components you got so that you may copy fixes from ours if they are the same like GFX, sleep, brightness, EDID etc.

Unless you find an excact DSDT from another 730 and same BIOS with same Model specs this is the way you have to go.

Otherwise apply Multiboot 2.6 or 3.0.3 with : VoodooPS2 and AppleACPIPS2Nub+ fakesmc and VoodooHDA with fixed Gains in plist in case you get steady feedback from mic. Installation of Chameleon RC5 will be done automatically and Graphicsenabler=yes will be mostly preconfigured (I think). Sleep and brightness do not work in this manner.

One question though @all!

Why does my internal DVD Drive go to "sleep" after a while when Snow is running. I click on the eject button but it does not come up. A restart helps but something is really weird. Why is that and how can I solve this.

Here is a similar issue describing the problem. Does the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector removal by editing the DSDT appropriately help?

thank you for your help! so should osx be abel to boot after the install and then i edit the dsdt or do i have to edit it before it will boot?

lol i thought as much and i didn´t test it yet (fortunatly) but i wasn´t sure if i understand the post in a right way or morphium was right... so no worries btu thx to pointing that out :-)...

anyway after testing a lot the edited appleHDA i posted above i can say its the best solution so far for me, no cracklings even if i push the levels too the absolute limit (wasn´t possible with voodooHDA) and better mic amplification... machine also works in 64bit mode flawlessly so far (not possible before)...

Understand. Sounds neat.

Mic is fixed now and working? Whats the trouble with audio insertion? When does this error come up?

If we edit in Bungos fix posted earlier for HDMI, then all should be fine then, wouldnt it?

Any word on the "sleepy" DVD Drive after initial start of Snow? Application´s Finder looking for it becomes unresponsive because they cannot access it. Am I the only one experiencing this?

@antagon

What is your workflow with CCC to backup and restore from an image? I want to make snapshot before I start experimenting with the audio again.

yep mic is working, jose send me another apple hda and i fixed/ edited my first post regarding sound above...

I just qouted what he wrote to inform people about that. I never saw that audio insertion message anywhere (to be honest i don´t know what it means exactly ;-) )...

i also thought about applying bungos hdmi fix, but to me its useless i don´t even have a hdmi cable, so i´ll never see the result anywhere i guess :-)

yea CCC isn´t very intuitiv in the first place i needed some time to figure it out:

-> Backup (i use the german version maybe my translation isn´t always precise)

1. Choose OsX Partition as Source

2. Choose "New Image" under Destination

3. Choose Save to the place u like (i gto external disc); then u got a message that this image isn´t bootable after restore; don´t care about...

4. Start backup process

-> Restore ( a bit tricky i my eyes)

1. Boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] into osx install dvd/ usb

2. After the Installer application loads, choose "Disk Utility" from the Utilities menu

3. From the File menu, choose "Open Disk Image..." and locate the disk image that you would like to restore

4. In the list in the pane on the left, click on the mounted disk image's volume

Click on the "Restore" tab on the right side of the window

5. Drag the mounted disk image to the Source field. Leopard users: If the Source field does not accept the dragged volume, right-click on the disk image's mounted volume and choose "Set as source" from the contextual menu.

6. Drag the hard drive that you would like to restore to into the "Destination" field

7. Check the box to erase the destination, then click on the Restore button.

8. After Restore boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and install your bootloader again...

by the way no problem with dvd so far...

@antagon

Thanks. It works perfectly now. Thanks to Jose for the fix! One Voodoo less to argue with.

Did my first backup with CCC. Do you use the Image read only options so it writes a .dmg? I guess so.

BTW. I notice we are at least 3 german speaking people here, namely Marten, you and me. 8) The model extension makes it easy to distinguish the localization :)

For my sleep DVD problem: I am about to exchange it for a slot in Panasonic to get a more Apple like feeling. Maybe it will vanish hopefully. I dont like the drive ATM.

!EDIT!:

Who of you R owners have a Liteon DS-8a2s or Liteon in general built in. I am eager to know if the problem is drive specific in case you all have Samsung or other types built in.

Jose send me also this kext to get the Marvel Yukon 88E8059 to work...

He said its only a 32 bit version !

For me that kext works so far that i can see Ethernet card in 32/ 64 bit mode of osx but i can´t get any connection in both modes...

maybe it works for you...

DVD Rom:

My build-in is shown as TSSTcorp DVDWBD TS-LB23A in system profiler...

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Thanks antagon.

I researched a bit further and it seems the drive has problems with the sleep function. Mac OS sends the drive after 15min to sleep and some drives cannot wake up again.

Something I saw on another board was to the effect that some drives will go to sleep and not wake up given certain circumstances.

So try going into Energy Saver and unchecking the box that reads "Put hard drives to sleep when possible". This will at least extend the wake period of your drives (hard and optical) to three hours rather than the default 15mins)

So one more try this evening by switching off the energy option and if it stays awake, I am sure my choice of preference, namely a Panasonic UJ875A Slot in, will be ordered next besides the AUO panel (hopefully Marten comes up with a DIY). May I call it a super Macbook Pro then :)

UPDATE EDIT:

Turned off the option in energy saving and DVD is still visible. Well well Mr. Panasonic......

I researched a bit further and it seems the drive has problems with the sleep function. Mac OS sends the drive after 15min to sleep and some drives cannot wake up again.

You're not alone. I replaced originaly shipped TEAC DV-W28S-V with TEAC DV-W28S-R (from a Samsung R510). It helped. Did you try to play some DVD video? Got some error after playing and drive became unreachable, couldn't eject a disc until restart. Found one more option related to dvd sleep in DVD Player preferences' first tab.

BTW. MacBook Pros 6.x, 7.x are shipped wih MAT{censored}A UJ-898 and 5.x with HL-DT-ST GS23N ; iMac 11.1 with OPTIARC AD-5680H.

Ah! Whoomp there it is. Ok. So very common thing it seems. I know about the MAT{censored}A UJ-898 but its only 9.5mm ultrathin which does not fit my model. So I have to go for the 12mm style Panasonic/Matsu{censored}a

DVD Playback did not make a problem for me but I tested only 5minutes. The sleep option however cures this behaviour at least for 3hours. Did I mention that I hate LIteon drives in general. Now I did :(

a big thank you to everyone so far for all your help :) i finally have osx booting on my r730! sorry if my questions are getting a little bit boring i'm very new to mac software.

i'm using the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd and most things work like audio,lan,webcam the graphics resolution is 1024x768 and theres no more options so i take it it's using a generic driver?

i'm still having a few problems though :(i have installed the chameleon boot loader witch loads fine and i can select osx but i get a panic and it restarts so i take it thats because ive not installed any kexts. the reason ive not installed any is because i don't under stand what ones i need. is there a guide any where or can any one give me any pointers?

My hardware:

Intel i3 cpu

Intel on board graphics

Realtek hd audio

i think the wired network card is made by marvell

not sure about the other hardware.

if any one could give me any pointers that would be great!

cheers gareth

antagon,

AFAIK there is no simple solution to this issue as the real macs dont have a dual numpad like we do. They have only numbers without additional functions.

I am still struggling maybe to buy someday the big mac keyboard or to opt for the wireless one (without numpad). The aluminium finish and ergonomics are nice with these ones.

DVD drive purchase postponed because money is out :D It works though with energy save disabled.

all right but sad... anyway what to do :-)...

i just installed a win 7 partition (to update bios) and recognized that it has a more efficient energy management i would say 40 % longer battery cycle...

i´m using generate p/ c states options from chameleon rc5 700 and native power management in osx (speedstep is working according to msr tools in 32bit mode/ with some random spikes to 111% when i don´t touch the laptop)....

are there any possibilities for optimization ?

Hi everybody,

I have a Samsung 730 i3. I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + 10.6.6 Does someone got the DSDT for this machine? do you think the DSDT of the 730 i5 will work?

Everything works exept the brightness, LAN, the gesture of the track pad.

Does someone can help me???

hey,

use for example dsdte http://www.osx86.es/?p=610 to extract your dsdt, then fix it if there are any errors (you´ll see that if u push compile, do it after any edits/ fixes u apply)...

get your exact hardware information and read carefully this thread here and the other one there http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4609...

for dsdt edits/ fixes download bungos dsdt to check, all edits are green so u can see very good what was done...

don´t use another one´s dsdt unless its the exact same machine with same bios...

good luck...

Just want to report that i tried to update/ install the legit nvidia drivers for GF GT 330M, no success because of hardware check.

But when u extract Display/ OpenGL/ Video driver.pkg from the package you can install and use them without a problem.

I checked with System Info if the updated drivers are running and i saw that´s the case ->GeForce.kext & NVDAResman.Kext (3 other gfx related Kexts are apple kexts) are updated to latest version for 330M

Works with GFX-Enabler= Yes or GFX DSDT-edit (same kexts are loaded)

Files are to big for upload so here is the manual:

-> Download Nvidia Retail Driver for GT 330M

http://www.nvidia.de/Download/index.aspx?lang=de

-> Open Image

-> right click on mpkg file

-> show package content

-> extract files of Packages-folder

-> install...

@antagon

Thanks dude. Can you add a link to your post for the drivers?

Do you notice any performance increases after the update?

Why did you choose the P- and C- States Powermanagement route with Chameleon ? Because your sleep did not work with the suggested methods?

@xave

Yeah. Dig into the DSDT stuff. It is so addicting and you get to know the interior of your system very well. I learned so much from here and by googling around. DSDTSE and DSDTEdit with patches library is a big help for the start to fix common problems/methods. Compare bungo´s DSDT as reference and check if it can apply to yours eventually by modifiying it (Sound, GFX for example)

Just finished DSDTing and installing my big kahuna 8) See sig. Yeh.

When I disable it i got always 111% cpu in msr tools, enabling it again and speedstep works (50% -111%)...

(in both cases msr tools shows "speedstep: on", but i can´t see any changing values without p/c states)

another question:

i like to get rid of voodoops2 kext but the offered appleps2 kext in jose33´s package doesn´t support changing brightness with arrow keys, i´d like to patch it in a way that it does....

anybody got an idea how to ?