My Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth

tianh

27 posts in this topic

geez bro, you're giving up waayyy too fast .. my DSL modem has a USB port, I connect to that and am online without having to configure ANYTHING on my Mac OS x86. The Modem is even a network hub, so it lets me connect to my Desktop Windows Workstation.

If you really want or need wireless then get a PCMCIA wireless card or simply replace your existing card with a better one for a couple of bucks ..

• 2 months later...

Can anyone lead me in the right direction for trying to develop a driver for this card? I am unfamiliar with the kext editing and porting drivers. My best idea would be to port some of the BSD drivers for these to Mac but those are kernel mods and obviously wont work...

• 7 months later...

This is more or less the last thing i need to get working...

I have found two drivers, and tried other intel drivers and other kext tricks but no luck yet at all...

I am thinking i might look into making one, as i have a laptop spec similar to that of a MacBook Pro and the thought of saving £1500 / $3000 by getting my laptop to work with OSX is a very good thought...

I need / Want OSX for SHAKE and a few other Video / Photo Tools... Oh, OSX has a much more productive interface for me and i wont get disturbed by the millions of tools avaialble for Windows and nothing really working that good...

I have the 3945ABG IntelPro Card... I have a USB WiFi stick around and a Belkin PCMICA Wireless card so i thinks i will investigate with that...

I am not sure if the Bluetooth is built into the card, but either way, the Bluetooth Module is working, running and all fine...

I have had some luck with the Wireless too using the driver thats floating around...

Without using the utility the card will turn on from the front button and it appears in NETWORK as an Ethernet, i have not tried yet connecting it to anything...

My network is showing Eth0, Eth1 and Eth2, ( 2 and 1 came after installing the wireless driver so i am guessing that its the wireless card been detected, it has a mac and ip address....

Thanks for that advice, think i will accept it and go for the dell or broadcomm wireless card...

I have done some looking, cant find the dell one, so could you advise of the Model Number so i can have a look around for it?

These are the models i have found on ebay for a good(ish) price...

- BCM94306MP

- BCM94318MPG

- BCM94301MPL

The 18 is the most popular on the old ebay, so would be a gooden to get?

Are either of these three the good dell card?

Thanks for the help upto now, and any help...

• 4 months later...

So, my dear friends is there already a "Final Solution" for this piece of fine, but non-0sx86 supported hardware yet?

I'd love to know because the iwidarwin file hasn't worked for most people on here.....

So far this is the only piece of hardware that isn't supported yet for my beautiful Toshiba osx86 daw!

cheers

M. Troni

• 6 months later...

to anybody from the development team who is lacking a 3945 on his own: I give away my miniPCIe 3945 for free!

Please drop me a PM with a link so I can see you are a developper, and I will send mine to you, no matter where you live.

This is to help speeding up development of the 3945 kext.

If you know a developper who might be interested in my offer, please drop him/her a line about my offer here.

Cheers,

Bugs

tried to find a means to contact "them", to no avail - would you please PM "them" or PM me with their email address(es)? Apart from donating my card I do not want to waste any more time into this, 2 b honest ..

• 8 months later...

I have this wireless card on my acer aspire 5710. I am gonna install apple mac 2morrow but looks like im not gonna have internet :( I do have a usb wireless card... but how can i make it work on the mac?

EDIT- Ok i found that the card can be used, but the network has to be unsecured...... o dear lol.

Better than nothing i guess. ;)

• 1 year later...