A Dell mhackbook ?

themadgreek

34 posts in this topic

In my not-yet-working HP notebook there are two wires Gray and Black. The card is A/B/G. Gray was connected to AUX (auxiliary antenna) and Black one to MAIN (main antenna)...

So basically a longer wire should be connected to MAIN, an shorter to AUX accordingly. In the end it is only an antenna - no power goes through it. Nothing terrible would happen if you miss connect them.

If a signal is low, then swap them.

Okay, so wifi is working but now Im having trouble installing OSX.

So...

I burned [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and booted on it successfully {AHCPI enabled and CDrom on first boot place}. Then I removed the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD and put OSX install DVD, hit F5 and select OSX then hit enter.

But afterwards, nothing loads... black screen!

So I tried adding the -x thing to boot in safe mode, same result!

Any ideas?

Alright, so... using EFI Empire I managed to install Snow Leopard just fine :-)

Now I completely lost with those kexts stories...

Could one of you explain to me how to choose and install kexts/drivers or refer to a good tutorial please ?

That would be really kind :-)

P.S. > I have installed the 10.6.4 update without rebooting, and I'm waiting for your answers before choosing the options using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Could one of you explain to me how to choose and install kexts/drivers or refer to a good tutorial please ?

That would be really kind :-)

Chose according to your hardware and how it is supported. I.E. if a component XXX is know to work without any additional driver (or additional manipulation) or OOTB, then no driver for it is needed. On the contrary if a component YYY is know NOT to work without driver ZZZ or some modifications done, then install driver ZZZ or apply modifications.

Now in details: :unsure:

• Chipset should be supported OOTB (no driver needed)
  • VGA should work using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" key in com.apple.Boot.plist (the one in /Extra) or if it doesn't work try EFI string or NVenabler.
  • For audio use VoodoHDA.
  • For internal keyboard and touchpad to work use this.
  • WLAN should work OOTB (don't know about LAN though).
  • FakeSMC.kext IS AN ESSENTIAL THING TO MAKE SL WORK. You must install it!

That's it for the most part. Also you should use a properly patched DSDT, it may help to avoid many problems. There is a plenty of info on the subject. I also suggest using a newest boot loader to avoid additional patches.

Use this for kext installation. Remember that some kexts goes to /Extra/Extensions and some to /System/Library/Extensions. It is better to keep the /S/L/E as untouched as possible. The kexts that contain Plugins folder inside may not work correctly from /Extra/Extensions (put them to /S/L/E instead). Also install as few additional kexts as possible, those you can make your system as stable and fast as it can be.

To add boot flag/options/keys/EFI string to com.apple.Boot.plist use this tool.

Chose according to your hardware and how it is supported. I.E. if a component XXX is know to work without any additional driver (or additional manipulation) or OOTB, then no driver for it is needed. On the contrary if a component YYY is know NOT to work without driver ZZZ or some modifications done, then install driver ZZZ or apply modifications.

Now in details: :unsure:

• Chipset should be supported OOTB (no driver needed)
  • VGA should work using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" key in com.apple.Boot.plist (the one in /Extra) or if it doesn't work try EFI string or NVenabler.
  • For audio use VoodoHDA.
  • For internal keyboard and touchpad to work use this.
  • WLAN should work OOTB (don't know about LAN though).
  • FakeSMC.kext IS AN ESSENTIAL THING TO MAKE SL WORK. You must install it!

That's it for the most part. Also you should use a properly patched DSDT, it may help to avoid many problems. There is a plenty of info on the subject. I also suggest using a newest boot loader to avoid additional patches.

Use this for kext installation. Remember that some kexts goes to /Extra/Extensions and some to /System/Library/Extensions. It is better to keep the /S/L/E as untouched as possible. The kexts that contain Plugins folder inside may not work correctly from /Extra/Extensions (put them to /S/L/E instead). Also install as few additional kexts as possible, those you can make your system as stable and fast as it can be.

To add boot flag/options/keys/EFI string to com.apple.Boot.plist use this tool.

yeah, what he said... :P I used distros on my hackintoshes (iAtkos and iDeneb) and when I update them through Apple Software Update, i dont have to worry about anything else :D

Great info, thanks!

The only thing is that I was in a hurry and couldn't wait for your advices ...and I f*ck it up.

So I installed a few things using Mulitbeast (some of which you say above) and when I reboot the baby, I got a blackscreen on startup.

Chameleon loads OSX just fine, I see the apple logo then blackscreen and I can't do anything. I managed to access the system using -x to boot on safe mode.

I guess there's something wrong in the kexts I've used, so my big questions is how do I remove them all and start the process all over again, using your advices ?

Here is what I checked at the install in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]:

- Easy Beast

- System utilities

- Rebuild caches

- Repair permissions

- Advanced options

- Kexts

- Audio: VoodooHDA Official 0.2.2

- Graphics: NV Enabler

- Network: Realtek RTL8169 Ethernet

- Non DSDT systems

- fakesmc

- EvOreboot

- NullCPUPowerManagement (not sure if I installed that one)

- Miscelleanous

- IOUSBFamily 10.6.2 rollback

- Voodoo PS/2 controller with Trackpad

- com.apple.boot.plist: 32 bit apple boot screen

- smbios plist: Macbook pro (not sure if I installed that one)

- Themes: Standard Chameleon

- OSX86 software: all 4 softwares

Is that of any help ?

Edit: I tried to make it an arborescent list but it doesn't show up in the post... sorry.

(But it does show in the "edit your post" window)