104 replies to this topic

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Cyberghoser1;

Thank you for the info on updating to 10.6.8. I used your method to update top 10.6.8 and everything went smoothly . . . UNTIL I edited my com.apple.boot.plist!
When I restarted, the boot stuck on a grey screen (after the Apple log + spinning wheel end, I get a blank grey screen.)

Update: SOLUTION

Problem: After editing my com.apple.boot.plist file, it caused the computer to not boot, and get stuck at a grey screen (not Apple logo nor spinning wheel)

Need: To edit the culprit file (com.apple.boot.plist back to its original form) without being able to log into the desktop.

Solution: You can edit files from the pre-boot terminal as follows:
  • tap shift at start-up to get to the chameleon bootloader
  • type "-s" to enter single-user mode
  • type "mount -uw" to mount the hard drive as read/writable
  • type "cd /extra" the file I wanted to edit was in the "extra" folder
  • type "nano [file name]" in my case "nano com.apple.boot.plist" This allows you to edit the file.
  • edit the file however you need
  • follow directions to Exit, Save,
  • type "exit" to boot.

Allegri

Allegri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi 

Have been for a long time with 10.6.4 with my 1000H which works flawless, but I wanted to try 10.6.8 inspired by posts #88 and #97. 

Got problems with brightness control though with this setup. The screen was on full brightness when I started up, I had to turn it down constantly. The brightness slider was there, but what did that help?

I checked the DSDT file and compared it with my DSDT I built on 10.6.4. I didn't use the PNLF section in 10.6.4 and could access brightness control with Fn F5/F6 in a native way on my 1000H. 

I commented that section out in the attached DSDT in post #88 here, like this:

/*      Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }
*/

compiled, rebooted and voila! Native brightness control with Fn F5/F6 was back on my 1000H. Brightness stays on the same level even if you reboot. The brightness slider disappears when you remove this section but you gain control over brightness again, which I find as a far better option. 

Just for your information if you have this problem.  

JomanJi

JomanJi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I know like none uses eee pc anymore, and even less trying to install OS X 10.6, but I do, and I say that the link for the files is broken :(  I hope someone will fix......

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

I know like none uses eee pc anymore, and even less trying to install OS X 10.6, but I do, and I say that the link for the files is broken :(  I hope someone will fix......

just download iATKOS s3 v2 and install. you don't need a dsdt.

k04nos

k04nos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello!

I'm new to this hackintosh, I have a asus 1000H I do not use windows because with each day go worse.

Seeking information've seen that maybe I have an alternative to windows and I can give it a new use for my netbook.

I have read the whole post, the installation guide, some post in tonymackx86 ... but do not quite understand how to install.

This is the only forum where I found things a little clearer. but it turns out that the link does not work.

Could you help me step by step so you can install it?

For now I have all this material:

- Asus 1000H with 2204 bios version. intel atom N270 with 160HDD and upgrade 2048MB RAM.

- USB stick 16GB ( is valid? )

- Macbook pro ( my brother´s laptop)

What things I need to install? If you help me with links great, my English is pretty bad and I have many difficulties to find information hehe

You need to buy a dvd with Snow leopard original? I have no problem in buying it is 30 but buy it without knowing if it will work not cool.

On the other hand, I have no cd burner or external reader, so here I need to do everything from USB :(

Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy