• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
take a loke under Systempreferences>Network. is there the Wireless card shown?
I haven't found any fixes for apps like garageband. I also would like to use them fully on my netbook. but no solutions yet:(

Diboo

Diboo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
When I go to system preferences>Network I see "Ethernet adapter (en0) and Ethernet adapter (en1). en0 has "autoassigned IP" (yellow orb) yellow orb and en1 has "no connection" (red orb).

As for the big windows problem.... well, I'm not refering only to apps. For example, when I open System Preferences > Network, the lower buttons of the Network window are under the dock so I cannot acces them. Only solution I've found is to put the dock left or right on the screen, but I don't like it tat way......

dajpereira

dajpereira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
my trackpad stop working, can someone help me?

Rezildans

Rezildans

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

my trackpad stop working, can someone help me?

It's just the same as me. Touchpad is gone all of a sudden. And it wasn't updated to the 10.6.5 kernel.

What the hell?

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
try to reinstall die PS2 drivers.

andreablu

andreablu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just follow this guide to 10.6.4.
Work everything apart screen resolution that i would to 1024x768 and sleep feature (the display remains black).

Anyone upgrade the 1000h to 10.6.6?

artic1980

artic1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I updated to 10.6.6 works almost everything I had to reinstall the usb did not work because most

andreablu

andreablu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I updated to 10.6.6 works almost everything I had to reinstall the usb did not work because most

could you provide me a link for the sleepenabler kext?

i think to do:

1) netbookinstaller (this post link)
2) replace sleepenabler
3) reaplace mach_kernel 10.6.5
4) update extra
5) combo 10.6.6 update

could be a good procedure?

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
should work, but there is no sleepenabler released for 10.6.6 yet.
try a different way. replace /Extra/ with the Extra-folder i uploaded. copy the extensions to /S/L/E/ an install the bootloader to /

Attached Files

andreablu

andreablu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

should work, but there is no sleepenabler released for 10.6.6 yet.
try a different way. replace /Extra/ with the Extra-folder i uploaded. copy the extensions to /S/L/E/ an install the bootloader to /

thanks for the reply!
To better undestanding... at the moment i have:
Extra
1201N.DSDT.aml GeneralExtensions UpdateExtra.app
AdditionalExtensions NetbookInstaller.img bin
DSDT.aml Themes com.apple.Boot.plist
Extensions.mkext UpdateExtensions

i have to remove this dir and replace it? No problem that in 10.6.4 i have GeneralExtension... etc... dir?

moreover in / i have only the boot file i have to insert all of this

Last things... i have to replace the dir, the combo update 10.6.6 (I'm at 10.6.4 now) and reboot?
No UpdtateExtra or boot with -f flag?

thanks again

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
the extensions have to be in /S/L/E/. just install them with the kextutility. remove the whole Extra-folder from the netbook-installer and use the new Extra-folder.

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
guys,
please share your experiences. 8 downloads yet und no boby sad anything ;)

flicka

flicka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
That's my experience starting from an Eeepc 1000h dualbooting windows XP and Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installed with the guide from Klohannes.
First I've cloned OSX on an external usb HD with Carbon copy cloner and make it bootable with netbookinstaller. Booted from the external HD first i've deleted sleepenabler from /Extra/GeneralExtension and run updatextra. Then installed this netbookinstaller:
http://dl.dropbox.co...6212351.app.zip
and launched it choosing only to install chameleon and fixbluetooth. Performed the update with the 10.6.6 combo and rebooted. At restart i let netbookinstaller work for 20 minutes then manually reboot. All seems to be fine, I was in Snow 10.6.6 and apparently all was working fine, but i've noticed that there was no kext installed in /Extra/GeneralExtension. Curiosity kill the cat. Rerun updatextra and at reboot; kernel panic. New reboot with recovery=y, relaunched netbookinstaller this time choosing install chameleon, install file and fixbluetooth. Rebooted without problem and at this point installed acpi4asus, voodoohda and voodoopowermini in /Extra/GeneralExtension and rerun updatextra. Finally replaced the new generated dsdt with the one specific for my 1000h. After reboot all is working flawlessly; trackpad, sound, speedstep (controlled with cpu-x), wireless, QE/CI (don't know how to determine it, but xbench give me better performance than 10.6.3 and youtube video in 480 play smooth), monitor with the right resolution and battery monitor. Not tested sleep/wake because it is impossible on usb drive.If someone want to try it you can download:
http://www.kexts.com...6.6_64-bit.html
install it in /Extra/GeneralExtension and change osxrestart with evoreboot how explained from Klohannes. But first I would try if it works with the new file installed from netbookinstaller. Pay attention at the lidsleep.kext, I think it can conflicts with sleepenabler. But no trouble, you can always reboot with recovery=y .
Apologize my poor english

invisiblesurfer

invisiblesurfer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

the extensions have to be in /S/L/E/. just install them with the kextutility. remove the whole Extra-folder from the netbook-installer and use the new Extra-folder.

Klohannes thanks for the great walkthrough to 10.6.4 - I followed it and everything works great.

Can you please clarify on the 10.6.6 installation? You supplied the files for Extra and SLE which is great. The question is, what is the order of upgrading to 10.6.6? Do you run the combo update first and then change these files, or the other way around? How did you do it? Thanks in advance.

Johanmartin

Johanmartin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Klohannes thanks for the great walkthrough to 10.6.4 - I followed it and everything works great.

Can you please clarify on the 10.6.6 installation? You supplied the files for Extra and SLE which is great. The question is, what is the order of upgrading to 10.6.6? Do you run the combo update first and then change these files, or the other way around? How did you do it? Thanks in advance.

There is no problem updating. Keep your extra folder. Replace mach_kernel with correct one for 10.6.6 and then just update through apple. Download sleepenabler from kexts.com.

I have one entirely different question: I cannot shut down my 1000h eeepc properly. I have to remove the battery for it to power down. Anyone else who experienced this? Do anyone of you happen to know how to fix this issue?

invisiblesurfer

invisiblesurfer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Shutdown works fine with me. Some times I get the background staying up there after clicking on shut down. I do not why it happens but it doesn't happen all that often. Could it be a matter of doing a permissions check / clearing caches?

One different question.

How do you guys deal with battery life going down faster that it should? The battery "leaks" even when the netbook is in sleep. Do you use any application/kext for the battery?

Thanks.

invisiblesurfer

invisiblesurfer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Only nuisance with 10.6.6 on my 1000H is the lack of QE/CI :-(

apocalypse-666

apocalypse-666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
There is a Sleep Enabler release for 10.6.6 at kexts.com
SleepEnabler for Snow Leopard 10.6.6

Have anyone tried using it?

If so what is the exact order of things to do?

Also I'd like to refer to the previous posts:
1-Have anyone succeeded to install 10.6.6 with Klohannes' 1000H.zip file? If so how?
2-Is there really a problem with QE/CI after updating to 10.6.6?

I'd be very happy if someone could prepare an update guideline.

Thank you!! ;)

ps. By the way I succeded installing 10.6.4 with 10.6.3 retail DVD image on USB disk using Netbook BootMaker 0.8.4 then using Netbook Installer 0.8.4 and just by following the rest of the guidline

marven

marven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone know how to upgrade to os x 10.6.6 on 1000h ?
Thank you!

artic1980

artic1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I have update at the 10.6.7 but the problem is QE/CI doesen't function i have oll resolution activate but no QE/CI
Sorry for my english

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy