• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
does QE/CI work with SwitchResX? and have you used the bluetooth fix for 10.6.4 with the netbook-installer?

tihomir

tihomir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Yes, with SwitchResX I only change the resolution and I have QE/CI.

But I tried the newest NetbookInstaller from Meklort and I select only Chameleon and Bluetooth Fix.

After restart when the bluetooth is Enabled I get Kernel Panic.

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
on my 1000H bluetooth works perfekt :(
maybe there is a little difference between some releases.

tihomir

tihomir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I changed my wireless adapter to Dell 1490.

Is it possible that the bluetooth is somehow related to the wireless adapter ?

milan4

milan4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Eee PC 1000HD.I can not update bios because ez flash said that this bios in not compatible with my pc. I tried to boot from USB, but it just stay at boot screen.

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
for the 1000HD you'll need a different BIOS. you can get it on the asus website.

dajpereira

dajpereira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
After doing everything explained at the first topic I updated to the 10.6.5 e i am getting:

[SleepEnabler] To disable (if kernel panics), please specify the boot argument pmVersion=0
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2ab790): "Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.17/osfmk/i306/pmCPU.c:707

Can someone help me.

Thanks

millencolin22

millencolin22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Had installed 10.6.0 another way (very simmilar) then started over again using this method, and everything is working except i get the kernal panic with bluetooth on,
no biggie but would be nice to have it running as i plan to get a mac mouse (bluetooth)

keep up the good work....

and thanks very much

Diboo

Diboo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi there :).

Is there any way to do this on the asus 1000h without another machine running Mac Ox?

I have this netbook but I have no access to a Mac nor a hackintosh machine to create the usb. I've seen a tutorial on mechdrew to install from usb from any operating system, but I don't know if that will work because that is suposed to be meant for Dell Mini machines.

I'm not scared of difficult install processes but this is driving me crazy! Any tutorial I see needs another Osx machine.... well, I want to try Osx... because I don't have another Mac! (as a prior step to buy a "real" one).....

Oh well....

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
if you have an external cd/dvd drive, you can use a bootcd like empire EFI.

Diboo

Diboo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for your answer Klohannes, unfortunately I don't have an external DVD Drive. This evening I'll try the guide I mentioned. It seems there is a way to make a bootable usb from within windows. That's the only thing you need a mac for, isn't it? To make the usb bootable, so if I use that guide to make the usb then I can follow the rest of your guide to install the OS.

I've seen too that there is a new 0.85 NetBookInstaller. Do you recommend using it or stick with the 0.83 version? Although it seems the newest version is needed at the postinstallation to fix the bluetooth if you upgrade to 10.6.4.

Thanks again ;)

Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Has anyone tried the 10.6.5 combo update?

Many thanks for the well written guide!

Diboo

Diboo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Finally I've tried to install Snow Leopard 10.6 using the "2 USB guide" but..... I boot from the usb, select the Mac Osx install disk (in the other usb) and get to the grey screen with the apple logo but then it shows a black square with "You need to restart your computer" in some 4 languages. I've searched to see what the problem is, but all the post I find are related to a system upgrade. Mine is before even installing!.

So I've booted in verbose mode and here is the screen:

Any help? Please?
Posted Image

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
@Didoo: maybe try the newest version of the netbookbootmaker. it could fix this.

@Monkey Jam: I couldn't try it yet because my eeepc isn't here for a while. I hope it'll arrive the next few day's.

Diboo

Diboo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
@Klohannes. Thanks for your response but, since I don't have a Mac I don't think I can use the NetbookBootMaker. As I've said I'm following THIS GUIDE from mechdrew in which he has created an image file with netbookinstaller 0.83 ready to "burn" into a usb flash drive. Could it be possible for someone with a mac and an asus 1000h to create an image of the bootable usb and load it to the internet for others to get it? or that should be done necessarily by the person who is trying to install MacOs?.

If another person could do the image ready to burn (as mechdrew did) for those of us that don't have access to a Mac, that would be the answer.... since there's nothing we can do....

stainboy

stainboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Before updating to 10.6.4, download and install the 10.6.4 SleepEnabler, but don't reboot. Then install the 10.6.4 Combo Update from Apples Download page and let it restart.

If you get the panic again, take a picture of it and post it.

Hello, I followed the guide and everything went fine until the pre-combo update. I did reboot after the SleepEnabler and after that did the combo. Never got into OSX again... Going to try everything again BUT without the reboot. Hope it works. Oh and before combo 10.6.4 EVERYTHING was working. Working on Fn keys though...

negotiator

negotiator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Everything is working fine for me except attaching an external monitor. When I attach an external monitor before booting, I get a kernel panic. If I attach after booting, it does not recognize the external monitor. Any ideas on getting an external monitor to work with this setup?

Diboo

Diboo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Finally I've managed to install Snow Leopard on my 1000h with the 2 usb method (I've found a way to "burn" a usb stick with the retail osx image from within windows without having a mac). And almost all is fully working. Fn keys doesn't work with your kext, but I've found a kext that at least has the volume keys working. :blush:

I have some problem though. Wifi is working with the ralink driver you provided, it find my network and connect to it if I input my password, (says connected) I've created a profile and it connects itself on every boot. BUT if I go to safari, I can't navigate the internet because it says "no internet connection" (I have it in spanish so don't know if that are the exact words you can see in english but that is the meaning). I can't find no way to say the system to use the wifi and no ethernet.... any help? :D

Another problem is that the 10.6.4 i downloaded from apple site isn't recognized and I can't install it. If I can fix the internet problem I'll try to download it directly from the netbook.

One suggestion... when you say" copy this in the /extras folder..." you should point that this folder is hidden. Maybe is something everybody knows but not the noobs like me. I wasn't able to find that folder until I thought about hidden folders (and that only because I have some linux background)....

I'm about to reinstall everything again because I've made a lot of tests and installed a lot of kext to find something that fully works but, without knowing how to do the wifi thing.....

Anyway good guide! :graduated:

Klohannes

Klohannes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
@Didoo: because of that wifi problem, I changed my card to an BCM94321MC. this one works great and has better internetconnection.
why don't you just download the update with an other computer?

Diboo

Diboo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
@Klohannes: Thx for your quick response. I've downloaded the update from another computer and copy it to a usb stick. But when I try to mount it on the eee it says "not recognized" or something likke that. I'll have to try if I can "burn" it the same way I did with the install dvd.

So for the wifi problem.... you're saying it has no fix?. I mean, the wifi card is recognised and working (or that is what it seems with the driver connecting and all) is just that the rest of the system doesn't appear to "know" that the wifi is connected. It's weird as I have had a lot os OS installed in the eee (Meego, various Linux flavours, Win 7...) and it worked out of the box almost always.

The only solution is to change the card?. I've seen many people with the stock card working in Snow Leopard.....

[EDIT] Mmmm, another question. Even though the screen resolution is correct, whenever I open a program that has a big window, that window has it's lower part UNDER the dock, so I can't acces the buttons. Is there any fix for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy