the tutorial is originaly german. i wrote it for a german forum called root86.org. it's for the EeePC 1000H. Snow Leopard runs very well and smooth on it, almost a a real macbook, but just a bit smaller.
- Vanilla Kernel 10.4.0 (no Atom patched kernel needed)
- Audio out (Speaker/Line)
- Audio in (Mic/Line)
- Fn Keys/Hot Keys (on some eeepc's it wont work. so you can use Spark)
-sometimes the Fn Keys/Hot Keys
Snow Leopard Retail DVD
USB Stick/HD 8GB
a running Hack-/Macintosh System
some files -->> Klick
- at first you need to update the BIOS to ver. 2204 (WARNING: no downgrade possible),
- create an image of the retail DVD with the diskutility
- restore the image on the 8GB USB Stick or harddisk
- run the "NetbookBootMaker" from the Apps folder that you've downloaded.
- select the Snow Leopard install partition
- boot from the usb stick
- run now the installation like on a real mac.
- during the installation, partition the harddrive with a GUID partitontable. find it on the button "options" in the diskutility
- if the installation hangs at 11 or 10 minutes left, just power off your EeePC and go on with point 3.
- Now boot again from the USB Stick but cancel the chameleon countdown and select the harddriver on that you installed Snow Leopard
- create a account
- run the "NetbookInstaller" from the "Apps" folder and select your harddrive in the dropdown menu
- mark with a cross
- Install Chameleon 2 NBI - Install General Extensions - Enable Remote CD - Fix Bluetooth... and klick "Install"
- when it's done copy the Kext files from the "Extensions" folder to /Extra/GeneralExtensions/.
- Delete OSXRestart.kext und copy EvOreboot to /Extra/GeneralExtensions/
- copy the dsdt.aml from the "DSDT 2204" folder to /Extra/ (check if you got 1 or 2 GB)
- install the Voodoohda.prefpane with a doubleklick
- run the "UpdateExtra" in /Extra/
- to run Wireless LAN with the original card you have to install the drivers with the "STA_RT2860.......dmg" image and choose Leopard
- now Reboot.
-run "AboutThisMac.pkg", "EnableDVDPlayback.pkg" und "Asus EEE1000H - Hotkeys Enabler.mpkg" from the "Apps" folder. (the hot keys doesn't worl on my eeepc, maybe on your's)
4. Update 10.6.4
- download the newest NetbookInstaller from Meklort
- run the NetbookInstaller und select ONLY:
- Install Chameleon 2 NBI bootloader - Fix bluetooth- click the "Install" button
- replace the old sleepenabler in /Extra/GeneralExtensions/ with the new version and run "ExtraUpdate" in /Extra/
- now install the Comboupdate of Snow Leopard 10.6.4 and install it.
now Snow Leopard should run on you EeePC 1000H
please correct me, if there is something wrong. i'm not englisch.