Asus P5Q Pro Turbo - DSDT (BIOS 0602) - AUTO Sleep Using RIP3

FKA

28 posts in this topic

fixes:

Scope (_PR) - Alias's removed, still need chameleon 2 RC5, Generate p and c states

HPET

WAK

RTC

TMR

PIC

Generic ATI HDAU < remove if not using ATI GPU with onboard HDMI audio.

USB

LPC - Patched device id

SBUS - added with dev id

_OSI - Darwin added

Shutdown fix

Power Button Wake from Sleep fix

Serial port support

Probably forgotten something ... blah blah blah ...

Apart from the ATI HDAU audio device this can be used in any rig.

HDAU device is clearly labeled for removal > Search code for HDAU

EDIT (04-12-10) For auto sleep using RIP3 - can be found here

Set USBBusFix=Yes in boot.plist and can now wake from USB MacPro Keyboard, USB Logitek Lazer mouse, and Aluminum Mac bluetooth keyboard connected using Belkin F8T017.

For Belkin F8T017 BT dongle - Have added device id to kdawg's LegacyBluetooth.kext (post170)

LegacyBluetooth.kext.zip

Updated 18-01-2011 to correct schoolboy error (forgot to remove IRQ from Device (PIC .. )

Updated 19-01-2011 to add serial port support

DSDT_19_01_11.dsl.zip

DSDT_19_01_11_No_hdau.dsl.zip

Enjoy

D

that's almost the same I did for my zotac ionitx A E,

chameleon RC5 generates the P and C states, it works good on normal bios settings for the processor

But what about overclock? do you have any pointers?

I am OC FSB from 333 to 420 MHz X 8 multi no problem

RAM @ 1066 ;)

Dear FormerlyKnownAs

may I know how you drive your sound card, VoodooHDA or AppleHDA?

I'm now trouble with that.

At the moment I dont! I'm just using my ATI GPU's onboard audio chipset via HDMI and AppleHDA.

This works with the HDAU edit to DSDT

VoodooHDA works for me but the sound is very poor quality and I cant get the onboard sound to work with the ATI HDMI (which is more important to me as I use this machine mainly to watch video :D .)

If i spent time messing around with VoodooHDA I could maybe make it work with appleHDA but I decided, what's the point! The analogue audio (I use this to power my old amp and beautiful Castle Warwick speakers.) will still be garbage.

So I've decided (On Sch8mid's advice :) .) to purchase a Mac compatible USB DAC.

No more audio worries on update! No more bleeding of ears!

:)

EDIT - Added power button fix - power button wakes from sleep!

D

Thanks for sharing your DSDT. I'm thinking about starting over and this time making as little modifications as possible. My DSDT is heavily Master Chief'ed and I'm not sure if all of it is really necessary. Many of the modifications he invented were only for the purpose of saving space and/or reducing boot time.

I still can't get over the fact that my P5Q-E can boot Snow Leopard with an unmodified DSDT if I use Chameleon 2.0 RC5. :D

I don't have to remove the CPU aliases anymore.

What happens if you leave the processor scope as it is?

Does it make any difference to the Chameleon-generated SSDT tables? Any difference to temps or power states?

I'm loading five (I get five SSDT tables when enabling C-states in the BIOS!), and Chameleon generates two more.

I can dump all seven with DSDTSE.

Thanks for sharing your DSDT. I'm thinking about starting over and this time making as little modifications as possible. My DSDT is heavily Master Chief'ed and I'm not sure if all of it is really necessary. Many of the modifications he invented were only for the purpose of saving space and/or reducing boot time.

I've gone for the minimal approach with the last few boards i've installed on, I bust a gut with my p35 Gigabyte board MCifying it and didn't see much benefit, sorry MC!

I still can't get over the fact that my P5Q-E can boot Snow Leopard with an unmodified DSDT if I use Chameleon 2.0 RC5. cool.gif

I don't have to remove the CPU aliases anymore.

What happens if you leave the processor scope as it is?

Does it make any difference to the Chameleon-generated SSDT tables? Any difference to temps or power states?

I'm loading five (I get five SSDT tables when enabling C-states in the BIOS!), and Chameleon generates two more.

I can dump all seven with DSDTSE.

I noticed on my first boot with un-modded DSDT that it booted just fine but I took them out anyway. :unsure:

Will test and get back to you.

D

Dont see any difference in the Chameleon generated SSDT tables with and without Scope (_PR) Alias.

Temps and performance also unchanged.

What I have noticed Is much lower temps and obviously a missing SSDT table with DropSSDT=No.

I think I needed DropSSDT=Yes for my MSI board but I can't test that right now ;)

Here is DSDT with Alias, but I don't see that it matters with/without.

DSDT_20_10_10_With_Alias.dsl.zip

And here's various SSDT dumps for your extended viewing pleasure :)

DropSSDT_No_no_Alias.zip

DropSSDT_NO_with_Alias.zip

DropSSDT_Yes_no_Alias.zip

DropSSDT_Yes_with_Alias.zip

D

• 2 weeks later...
Im a total idiot but ive searched absolutely everywhere. How do I use this .dsl file, I thought it had to be .aml? Where do I even put .aml files?

search and find a copy of iaslme.

download and drop dsl file onto iaslme icon .

D

Excelent, that worked. Now im stuck at loading the UHCI and EHCI controllers inside chameleon though. Its not even getting to the darwin boot log

It ends at EHCI Controller [8086:3a3c] at 00.1a.7 DMA @fe7ffc00

I should have AHCI 2.0 on, right?

Okay, so I found out my SMBIOS.plist is the culprit, but I cant remove it because I cant get into -s, because of another issue. If I use SMBIOSDEFAULTS=YES I get past that but I get stuck at

Press any key to continue... (Debug_DSDT)

after it loads the dsdt.aml. Is there a way to not load the .aml without being able to access -s?

chameleon boot cd to the rescue! Sorry for being so annoying :3

Firstly mate, a signature please - what hardware are you using?

D

Oh, sorry :3 Ive been around for quite some time but totally lurking. I never got really involved in the community

Obviously a P5Q Pro turbo, onboard sound/ethernet, a sapphire hd4850 (the 512mb one), a Q6600 with 4gb of mushkin 1066mhz memory. Im pretty sure that covers everything.

I forgot to mention; do you guys have a problem with the p state generation? On boot it tells me something about AppleLPC.kext failing to generate the proper states. Im 100% sure the DSDT is loading and I have the boot.plist modded. I just cant get the power states going.

There's no cpu power management edit to the DSDT I have posted.

Use Chameleon 2 RC5 and add:

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

I originally had the GenerateP/CStates string enabled, but I solved it myself last night, but then got stuck in a boot kp due to another change I made. Went to sleep and fixed it this morning.

Anyway, I had to upgrade my chameleon RC5 to the version with the auto installer in iFabios thread. Its r619 now and working perfectly. The only thing I noticed is that VoodooHDA pops and crackles when low power states are initialized; when its under full CPU load the sound is just fine.

The only thing I noticed is that VoodooHDA pops and crackles when low power states are initialized; when its under full CPU load the sound is just fine.

Personaly not using VoodooHDA - using appleHDA for HDMI ATI audio and a USB DAC but have no audio stutter problem on either audio source.

are you using my dsdt?

the IRQs I've removed from the dsdt should eliminate any audio stutter when CPU power managment is enabled.

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LOL

A very rare moment here.

It's usually you who are fixing other people's DSDT. :(

---

I found out my SMBIOS.plist is the culprit, but I cant remove it because I cant get into -s, because of another issue. If I use SMBIOSDEFAULTS=YES I get past that but I get stuck at

Press any key to continue... (Debug_DSDT)

To other P5Q Pro Turbo owners - if you have trouble booting with FKA's DSDT:

Dump your own DSDT and find the lines that say "OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF88064, 0xFF)", "OperationRegion (RAMW, SystemMemory, 0xCFFF0000, 0x00010000)" and "OperationRegion (^LPCR, SystemMemory, 0xFED1F404, 0x04)"

Make sure to replace the hex values in FKA's DSDT with the values from your own DSDT, if they don't match already.